Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Will dunfermline stay full time next season? Would seem madness to try and compete with Sevco for the title?

With a transfer embargo in place (not a psuedo Sevco one) they'll be lucky to avoid relagation next year.

So now that's a starting to look like more of a possibility; how would Dunfermline fans feel about following a Newco/New club?

Not trolling, just curious.

I would not support a Newco Dunfermline. If the Pars go, then that's me done. Not going to act like a deluded, grieving parent like the Sevconians and pretend they didn't actually die. Can't speak for any other Pars fan though and wouldn't criticise anyone for following them.

Let's just hope it never comes to that. I think as much as other fan have been sticking the boot in today and in recent weeks, hardly any actually want us to go to the wall.

I have far to many pars mates to sit and gloat like f**k, they know themselfs that this is their punishment,

I just hope they can live to fight another day. wish them all the best for next season, and hope they can still manage big enough crowds to keep the Cash flow decent enough to rebuild.

So now that's a starting to look like more of a possibility; how would Dunfermline fans feel about following a Newco/New club?

Not trolling, just curious. 

Let's just hope it never comes to that. I think as much as other fan have been sticking the boot in today and in recent weeks, hardly any actually want us to go to the wall.

Completely this.

Seems you'll never learn......

:lol:

Yeah, it'll be sustainable to run a full time team in the second division. That's the sort of attitude thats landed you in the shit.

So er, Queen of the South aren't sustainable? a team who undoubtedly have smaller crowds than us? The difference in prize money between the 2nd and 1st division is minimal as is the size of the away crowds(baring Falkirk and Raith) it is completely sustainably to be full time on crowds of 3'000, we'll be getting bigger crowds in the 2nd that allot of teams will be getting in the 1st, is it sustainable for them to be full time? What we need to do is budget accordingly, without Masterton we might manage that.

Will all depend on how we did in the first part of the season, if we can stay in touch of the play-offs then we can strengthen in January within reason and push on from there. Depends if we can retain Wallace, Morris, Husband and Geggan etc. And if we survive, that's kinda important tbh.

Never been to Stranraer in my life and never been to Brechin for a football game, will also be my first season with a car so I'm looking forward to that aspect off it!

Season ticket getting bought next week. Have never seen us in the third tier, I get the feeling the novelty may wear off pretty quickly! Really hope the togetherness between fans and players continues on regardless.

I'm quite interested in this point. If there is such togetherness between the fans and players, how on earth have you managed to get relegated? It was very much in your hands despite the points deduction. This is a full time squad of players, all they had to do was beat part time Airdrie or Alloa over two legs. They failed. That was a footballing failure, the wage budgets of Dunfermlines players still far exceeded those two sides at kick off of both games.

Indeed the tone of many posts from Pars after your hidings from Forfar, Airdrie and Alloa over recent weeks has been ' getting beat is acceptable, lying down isn't '. Clearly implying a perceived lack of effort from the players. Can their be a bond between fans and players when some fans believe that they aren't trying?

Surely, this is not good enough. Dunfermline fans can bang on about victimisation all they want. They are in admin and had points deducted because you cheated.

However, this is not why you were relegated. The reason you have been relegated has been due to disgraceful on park performances over the last month. Jim Jeffries and the players are to blame for this, no one else. If i was a Par fan i would be absolutely raging at the way the team has bottled it in the closing weeks of the league season and in the subsequent play offs. Togetherness between fans and players? Pass the sick bucket.

I'm quite interested in this point. If there is such togetherness between the fans and players, how on earth have you managed to get relegated? It was very much in your hands despite the points deduction. This is a full time squad of players, all they had to do was beat part time Airdrie or Alloa over two legs. They failed. That was a footballing failure, the wage budgets of Dunfermlines players still far exceeded those two sides at kick off of both games.

Indeed the tone of many posts from Pars after your hidings from Forfar, Airdrie and Alloa over recent weeks has been ' getting beat is acceptable, lying down isn't '. Clearly implying a perceived lack of effort from the players. Can their be a bond between fans and players when some fans believe that they aren't trying?

Surely, this is not good enough. Dunfermline fans can bang on about victimisation all they want. They are in admin and had points deducted because you cheated.

However, this is not why you were relegated. The reason you have been relegated has been due to disgraceful on park performances over the last month. Jim Jeffries and the players are to blame for this, no one else. If i was a Par fan i would be absolutely raging at the way the team has bottled it in the closing weeks of the league season and in the subsequent play offs. Togetherness between fans and players? Pass the sick bucket.

You still here?

The group who are currently attempting to take over the club have stated that we will remain full-time regardless.

Would it not be prudent for DAFC to learn from the mistakes of the past, go part time, manage the funds accordingly and do the decent thing and pay of all the debts.

The group who are currently attempting to take over the club have stated that we will remain full-time regardless.

Would it not be prudent for DAFC to learn from the mistakes of the past, go part time, manage the funds accordingly and do the decent thing and pay of all the debts.

I'd make getting rid of that useless, greeting faced, classless, w**k-rag of a manager a priority too.

Since they guys haven't been getting their full wages, the budgets won't be bigger. Never mind the fact that the high earners have all been released.

I haven't seen or heard any Pars fan say the players haven't been trying so that is just complete nonsense.

Seeing as without the points deduction we would have stayed up, it's is clearly the reason we went down. Whether deserved or not, we were relegated because of it, not the performances on the pitch.

A crowd higher than the 3rd best team in the top flight yesterday shows how much the fans have gotten behind the team lately. The atmosphere at games has been really good and people are having fun at games. The players appreciate the support and we appreciate their hard work. I've already got my ST for next season and I just hope I get a chance to use it.

It is entirely plausible to manage the fund accordingly and stay full time, not sure how so many people are failing to comprehend this tbh.

I'd make getting rid of that useless, greeting faced, classless, w**k-rag of a manager a priority too.

Calling any manager classless when you have Grant Murray in charge is amusing.

You agree with the "useless, greeting faced, w**k-rag" bit then?

:P

ata-cid='7365004' name='Grant228' timestamp='1369052290' post='7365004']

You agree with the "useless, greeting faced, w**k-rag" bit then?

:P

Not even in the slightest, I'd argue every manager in the league is "greeting faced" in the sense that I've yet to see any manager in the world happy clap when things outwith their control do not go there way.

I'm surprised Rovers aren't part-time seeing as they struggle to get near 2000 crowds.

We are partly part time - and there will likely be a bigger emphasis on part time next season.

We cant afford to be totally full time, well, not if we want to...erm...pay our bills.

What I cant believe is that there is talk of Dunfermline being full time!

It is entirely plausible to manage the fund accordingly and stay full time, not sure how so many people are failing to comprehend this tbh.

How so?