Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Ah, ta. Got off lightly? Rangers got 12-month-ban applying too over-18s, IIRC, and a substantial fine.

Rangers were liquidated though. Reformed as new company and the punishment was imposed as part of the deal to allow the club to be admitted to the SFL3. Different crime, different punishment but I'm sure that won't stop all the moaning fucks from down Ibrox way with their "It's no fair" and whataboutery that they have become so good at.

Fine and transfer ban were imposed for being in administration. It happened while the season was still running.

They went to court to overturn the transfer ban.

EDIT: April 2012... club was fined £160,000 of which £50k was purely for going into administration + given 12-month ban on signing over-18s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17821054

Edited by HibeeJibee

Fine and transfer ban were imposed for being in administration. It happened while the season was still running.

They went to court to overturn the transfer ban.

EDIT: April 2012... club was fined £160,000 of which £50k was purely for going into administration + given 12-month ban on signing over-18s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17821054

Most of that punishment is for bringing the game into disrepute, we weren't charged with that, the punishment for going into administration was £50000. If we were punished in proportion you'd guess at a 4 or 5000 pound fine. Regardless I think the transfer ban is fair. Transfer embargo's are IMO a significantly underused punishment.

Genuine question - how many over-21's are still on the books at EEP?

Potter (34)

Dargo (35)

Geggan (26)

Hvrinak (21 atm)

Morris (23)

Fayssal (21 atm)

Falkingham (23)

Wallace (23)

Thomson (22)

Husband (23)

Potter, Dargo, Hvrinak and Thomson all out of contract at the end of May. Thankfully we can re-sign over 21's if they are our current players, but I don't know if contracts could be offered with the threat of liquidation still a large possibility etc.

Genuine question - how many over-21's are still on the books at EEP?

Potter (34)

Dargo (35)

Geggan (26)

Hvrinak (21 atm)

Morris (23)

Fayssal (21 atm)

Falkingham (23)

Wallace (23)

Thomson (22)

Husband (23)

Potter, Dargo, Hvrinak and Thomson all out of contract at the end of May. Thankfully we can re-sign over 21's if they are our current players, but I don't know if contracts could be offered with the threat of liquidation still a large possibility etc.

I think fayssal is out of contract as well

What was that about division 2 ?????????????????????

You'll notice I said it after the game. Division 2 is utter shite. If Rangers weren't there, Dunfermline would skoosh it over a season, much like ourselves and Queen of the South have recently.

The problem the pars have now is trying to persuade players good enough, to sign for a club that cannot confirm a seasons worth of pay packets or any garuntee of a future.

we canni sign anyone einstein.

Possibly, it doesn't say on COWS and I have a suspicion JJ said when he signed that it was 2 years but you may be right, I'm not sure. He never gets a game anyway! :S :lol:

Possibly, it doesn't say on COWS and I have a suspicion JJ said when he signed that it was 2 years but you may be right, I'm not sure. He never gets a game anyway! :S :lol:

Can't find anything to confirm one way or the other but i had the suspicion it was one year, we'll see. As you say tho he never plays so we may find ourselves starting next year not knowing if he's at the club or not.

ETA sfl site has it as 1 year, but they also have him as a left back. http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/pars-sign-full-back/

Edited by parsforlife

The problem the pars have now is trying to persuade players good enough, to sign for a club that cannot confirm a seasons worth of pay packets or any garuntee of a future.

No shit Sheerluck

Is it PATG tomorrow or do you still have to get tickets from that kiosk. Thinking about popping along seeing as we don't have a game tomorrow.

A par may know better but I believe you have to get your tickets at the office beforehand, don't see that being a huge issue.

Depends who you're watching but as I say, Division 2 is shite. I'd be confident in all of the 1st Division teams (except Airdrie) winning that league no bother if Rangers weren't there and in the case of the full-time teams, by at least 15 points.

Edited by EdinburghLivi