Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is it all worth it? £500K seems an awful lot of money to plough in to nothing other than the right to run the team. The ground wouldn't be ours. None of the money raised through events would be ours. We'd have rent to pay. Unless Lloyds got tough with Masterton and repossess East End then it's hard to see how this scenario could change. 

We got in to this mess by throwing around six figure sums of cash and this just seems to be carrying on where we left off.

If DAFC was to die, Masterton would have a useless football stadium on his hands. Some of that 500K could go towards paying off the other creditors the full amount due, rather than the peanuts they will receive after Masteron snaffles up 90% of the money from a CVA. 

We could reform, ask to join the third tier, play anywhere that will have us then when LBG repossess East End we can step in as ideal new tenants or owners. 

The idea of just handing over huge pots of cash to appease the major creditor (Masterton) for the pleasure of playing in 'his' ground, paying him rent and seeing money drain away to his family from event hosting just seems a meek, spineless solution. 

If we rented the stadium, events held in the stadium would be sold and marketed by DAFC I believe.

Sent from my LT30p using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I wouldn't support any reformed Pars Newco outfit that's for sure.

Perfectly understandable but I find the thought of supporting Gavin Masterton's family cash cow pretty unpalatable too.

I'm not talking about a Rangers style Newco that's no more than a tax dodge. Our newco could settle all footballing and tax debts but place the burden of sorting our Masterton's mess back on Masterton's shoulders.

Only playing devil's advocate - would rather just be talking football and I can't stand the fact that all this has got in the way of what should be a simple pleasure.

This will surely improve our chances of bringing EEP under our control again?

Really positive stuff from Bryan Jackson (Administrator)....

"..I understand that the bank is sympathetic to the ground being used for football purposes"(Insert cheap gag here)"So I hope there is a deal to be done and that should remove the suspicion of Gavin Masterton's involvement in the property. He owns East End Park Ltd and that company is now in administration and he has nothing else to do directly with this property."

Pretty good news then.

Also says he has had two credible individuals approach him - one about buying the club and the other about buying the ground and they appear to be from outside Pars United though would be amenable to working with Pars United (and neither of them are Gavin Masteron).

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20130526/administrators-sunday-thoughts_2207955_3191797

Also says he has had two credible individuals approach him - one about buying the club and the other about buying ground

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20130526/administrators-sunday-thoughts_2207955_3191797

I was confused about this, why would someone approach him about the ground? Unless he means someone approached wanting to take the pitreavie lease?

He says the other guy is a fan so hopefully they can be convinced to join up with pars united. And isn't somebody with close links with GM.

Surely 'bye the Pars' would be better using the money to aquire the ground?
As the club, in itself, only have SFL/SFA membership as an asset. Which isn't worth anywhere near £1/2M.

Really positive stuff from Bryan Jackson (Administrator)....

"..I understand that the bank is sympathetic to the ground being used for football purposes"(Insert cheap gag here)"So I hope there is a deal to be done and that should remove the suspicion of Gavin Masterton's involvement in the property. He owns East End Park Ltd and that company is now in administration and he has nothing else to do directly with this property."

Pretty good news then.

Also says he has had two credible individuals approach him - one about buying the club and the other about buying the ground and they appear to be from outside Pars United though would be amenable to working with Pars United (and neither of them are Gavin Masteron).

Massone is in town.

So Masterfud does not actually own the ground then.

Edited by PELE

Any liklihood of housebuilders etc. also bidding to buy EEP?

Highly unlikely, it's doubtful they'll get planning permission to build on the land. The offices/hotel pipe dream years ago was scuppered due to local opposition.

Highly unlikely, it's doubtful they'll get planning permission to build on the land. The offices/hotel pipe dream years ago was scuppered due to local opposition.

Not that I expect it to happen, but why not? Flats are being built next to the ground just now.

Not that I expect it to happen, but why not? Flats are being built next to the ground just now.

Residents of Halbeath Road will kick up a stink as they did before, the flats are actually on Leys Park Road and all that is beside them is unused land, a garage and a car park and is away from the more populated park of Leys Park Road.

Residents of Halbeath Road will kick up a stink as they did before, the flats are actually on Leys Park Road and all that is beside them is unused land, a garage and a car park and is away from the more populated park of Leys Park Road.

Yeah, their would be a lot of opposition from pars fans and halbeath road residents which will put a lot of developers off, also their cost of demolishing the stands etc.

Even if their is a possibility of it being turned into houses,(flats have no chance barring possibly the rest of the car park, into where the north stand is) you'd expect most developers to be put off because of the hassle of it, especially in the current market.

Supermarkets etc have virtually no chance with the current saga of the tesco at the old fire station being forever delayed.

Pars fans need to be wary here.

When DDFR was buying the club the same phrase "no longer has any connection with the club" was used by the administrators.

In truth HS tried to sell the club (via administrators) and rent the ground to Morton. No deal. He even tried to sell the ground separately to someone else, who would no doubt have collected rent on his behalf. No deal.

When all else had failed both were sold to DDFR.

Would they though? If you weren't a football fan and lived opposite EEP you would maybe prefer houses across the road from you rather than a football ground.

For the record I hope that EEP remains as a football stadium.

What you should maybe watch out for is that supermarkets buy largish plots of land, and sometimes just sit on them, undeveloped, for years.

Sometimes they develop them when planning regs change, occasionally they buy the plot of land purely to stop a rival buying it and using it.