Walking Down The Halbeath Road

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't like to be hard on players but it seems to me that certain younger players at the club aren't rated and almost certainly won't be here next season.

I feel sorry for young lads trying to make their way in football, but competition is fierce in that world and you have to have something very special about you to make the grade nowadays. 

27 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I feel sorry for young lads trying to make their way in football, but competition is fierce in that world and you have to have something very special about you to make the grade nowadays. 

Aye it's a harsh reality for many.

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't like to be hard on players but it seems to me that certain younger players at the club aren't rated and almost certainly won't be here next season.

In fairness, I don’t think this is the environment to throw a kid into. We’re now in a relegation scrap, on a terrible run of form and the atmosphere in the stadium is poisonous.

There’s also that noticeable lack of experience on the park. The young guys on the park, who have more experience than the kids on the bench, look distraught out there. As soon as we concede once, we collapse. There’s nobody playing that Bene role of trying to keep them going, lifting spirits and trying to organise things. There’s just that feeling of ‘here we go again’ and we look defeated as soon as we lose a goal. Throwing even less experienced kids onto the park wouldn’t make any sense at all, in my opinion.

If we were throwing kids onto the park in this scenario, we would risk destroying any confidence they may have. Saying a 17/18/19 year old kid isn’t ready for that sort of environment is not the same as saying they’re not rated.

Just read the Chris Kane article in the Courier and it says Craig Wighton is out for the remainder of the season with a knee injury.  Having watched the Rovers with similar injury issues last season, i really feel for you guys. Probably going to get some stick for saying this but i hope you don't go down this season as if we fail to go up, i'd really like yourselves and  ( if they don't do a spectacular bottle job ) Falkirk in the same league next season.

Just had a email from the PST about the Patrons meeting. Mentions some frank Q&A taking place and some of the main topics covered. Finance wasn't mentioned in it and it says the majority there were happy with the responses back from the "top table".

So the PST are either hiding the concerns raised as well, or it's all BS.

Edited by Heaton

1 minute ago, Heaton said:

Just had a email from the PST about the Patrons meeting. Mentions some frank Q&A taking place and some of the main topics covered. Finance wasn't mentioned in it and it says the majority there were happy with the responses back from the "top table".

So the PST are either hiding the concerns raised as well, or it's all BS.

"After opening addresses from the top table, an open and frank Q & A session ensued which covered such topics as the PU (CIC)/DAFC governance structure, future plans for the ownership of KDM Group East End Park by reconnecting it with DAFC, the training and academy complex at Rosyth (which included a progress report of works so far, subsequently published on the club website, and the long-term plans for the facility), and the recruitment of a Head of Professional in light of Greg Shields moving on to a job outside football.

The responses from the top table were well received with the vast majority of those in attendance supportive of the answers given and commitment shown by those within the DAFC Fussball GmbH investment group."

2 hours ago, Heaton said:

"After opening addresses from the top table, an open and frank Q & A session ensued which covered such topics as the PU (CIC)/DAFC governance structure, future plans for the ownership of KDM Group East End Park by reconnecting it with DAFC, the training and academy complex at Rosyth (which included a progress report of works so far, subsequently published on the club website, and the long-term plans for the facility), and the recruitment of a Head of Professional in light of Greg Shields moving on to a job outside football.

The responses from the top table were well received with the vast majority of those in attendance supportive of the answers given and commitment shown by those within the DAFC Fussball GmbH investment group."

Good. All is good behind the scenes then . Although I suspect when the accounts are released it'll generate more questions. 

Ashcroft, Bene and Fisher/Ottoo/Breen would be a fantastic back 3 at this level. That is if McPake is willing to continue with that formation. 

Still think a midfielder should be targeted. 

56 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Don’t know how reliable this is 

1ef29dc2-8fc4-4dba-ad59-0e68a7293323.jpeg

Aye, as reliable as they come. Michael is a good bloke, has a podcast and puts up articles under the account called "TN10Y", would highly recommend a gander. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Not sure how reliable it is, but it’s a player we’ve been linked with, that would be a fantastic signing. Ashcroft is exactly what our defence is needing right now.

That guy’s use of hashtags irritates me. He’s basically said “the former Come On Ye Pars defender”. But I’m willing to let that slide if this is correct.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Ashcroft, Bene and Fisher/Ottoo/Breen would be a fantastic back 3 at this level. That is if McPake is willing to continue with that formation. 

Still think a midfielder should be targeted. 

This would free up Hamilton and/or Otoo to step in to midfield.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

He'd be a fantastic signing. Solid defender and an attacking threat from the edge of box

Fixed.

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

I will never trust anyone who refers to us as "COYP" makes me feel a bit sick tbh.

Landing Ashcroft would help though.