Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

What would you like? No signing news yet, maybe season ticket sales aren’t where the club would like them to be hence the lack of output. There’s a new guy(s) involved in the media stuff team year, give them a chance, they’re probably on holiday as well.

Maybe continually promoting the season tickets with a positive message of intent for the season ahead, while incorporating inclusive language would inspire some supporters. Maybe consider pushing the SLO's supporters initiative out to social media, again, using some positive and collaborative language. Social inclusion is a massive thing and has the potential to inspire and unite fans. Have a look at how some of the other clubs are doing it, Raith Rovers for instance (cheap jibe cartoons aside).

Yes, the club are bringing onboard fresh blood to the media side. I'd imagine that's in acknowledgement that we could or should be doing better. Again, I welcome it.

3 minutes ago, North West said:

Maybe continually promoting the season tickets with a positive message of intent for the season ahead, while incorporating inclusive language would inspire some supporters. Maybe consider pushing the SLO's supporters initiative out to social media, again, using some positive and collaborative language. Social inclusion is a massive thing and has the potential to inspire and unite fans. Have a look at how some of the other clubs are doing it, Raith Rovers for instance (cheap jibe cartoons aside).

Yes, the club are bringing onboard fresh blood to the media side. I'd imagine that's in acknowledgement that we could or should be doing better. Again, I welcome it.

I feel a bit faint, all this forward thinking is making me dizzy.  

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I feel a bit faint, all this forward thinking is making me dizzy.  

Fail to plan, plan to fail 😃 

I do wonder about a strategy for the club being put forward by the Board to the supporters. I'm not saying the Board don't have a clear and coherent strategy, but if they have one it's not well known to supporters. We're over 3 years into a 7 year plan and I personally don't know of any detail of that plan or anyway of measuring any element of their plan to gauge progress or success. Even a high level overview would help. I think that is down to a lack of leadership by the those running the club. I also think it's leading to frustration among some fans, Patrons and supporters meetings being evidence of that. Definitely room for improvement, Drew Main is at least trying to address some of that.

Edited by North West

What sort of communications do folk actually expect?

"We have nothing to announce". Is that genuinely what you want? Or do you actually want to club to tell you every single transfer target they have and what approaches have been made?

Re the fan zone; if it a flop then no harm. At least they tried something which is what a lot of folk have been calling for for years.

Re the season tickets; I see pretty regular posts on social media about this. The entire campaign (It's you) feels pretty inclusive to me. I'm not particularly fond of it (think it's quite cheesy and cheap and not particularly inspiring) mind.

54 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

What would you like? No signing news yet, maybe season ticket sales aren’t where the club would like them to be hence the lack of output. There’s a new guy(s) involved in the media stuff team year, give them a chance, they’re probably on holiday as well.

I would like a bit of this

wee team.jpg

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Anyway. I actually came here to say that there is a group of us that have sponsored a training shirt for the last 4 years or so. It was initially Kevin O’Hara, but last 2 years we have sponsored Andrew Tod.

On the back of this, myself and 101 have spoken to Drew Main and are planning to set up a P&B Pars Supporters Group. As part of this, we will be able to have a couple of people attend regular meetings, with representatives of the board and the management team/players.

If you have any interest in joining this group, please let me know and I’ll happily drop you a DM with information on this.

I went along to the meeting last week? Maybe the week before with regards to this and it was interesting, good initiative. 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

For me better communication from around the club is needed IMO. 

We've had multiple staff and director movements over the past season that haven't been acknowledged, are the new guys definitely now involved with the media stuff? If so fire that out. 

Raith have Barrowman giving an end of season interview which used to be fairly commonplace during McCarthurs tenure. I think some public acknowledgement that last year was a bit of a grizz, but the wheels are in motion to improve next season and really have a go would go a long way. 

At the moments there's just a bit of nothing. 

The club do not do a good job of communicating on club business across their media platforms. It is exactly right that key personnel changes haven't been promoted as well as they could have. It's an opportunity missed. 

As @101 has said there are some interesting moves being made by the club to improve communication with more direct fan engagement.  Whether that will lead to better communication or not in the future, is to be seen.  But certainly worth a go.

The issue for me is when there are quiet gaps from the club, folk will trouble make and utter nonsense fills the void.  Thats not a dig at anyone in particular by the way, it’s just life.  Been a few times over the last year when it’s been quiet there’s been some absolutely random stuff fired onto various forums which then are deleted when folk have obviously woke up and thought better.  

I look forward to seeing what this year brings and how the different fan engagement comes through. 

4 hours ago, North West said:

See the season ticket thing is a funny one. As a fan I don't feel the need to be constantly told to buy a season ticket. I know it's something I do, I will do it. Seeing that come through every day is OTT. 

People look at Raith's social media and want us to go like for like, it's just not going to happen right now. They went balls out with the social media stuff when the board changed last summer and it's worked wonders for them. If you're sitting hoping we're about to go and match that this season then I've bad news for you. It's not Barrowman sitting on the clubs socials putting that all out but I would stick my last quid on him being well behind it all and fully backing their media guys to keep it going. Dave Cook absolutely won't do that.

Communication could be better overall but at this point right now, apart from constantly telling us about season tickets and the fanzone they have little to push. Pre-season starts in three weeks, I'm sure there'll be plenty activity between now and then.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

The website is a total binfire as well, links constantly broken and take you to nothing.

It's terrible. The club shop rips my knitting.

22 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

See the season ticket thing is a funny one. As a fan I don't feel the need to be constantly told to buy a season ticket. I know it's something I do, I will do it. Seeing that come through every day is OTT. 

People look at Raith's social media and want us to go like for like, it's just not going to happen right now. They went balls out with the social media stuff when the board changed last summer and it's worked wonders for them. If you're sitting hoping we're about to go and match that this season then I've bad news for you. It's not Barrowman sitting on the clubs socials putting that all out but I would stick my last quid on him being well behind it all and fully backing their media guys to keep it going. Dave Cook absolutely won't do that.

Communication could be better overall but at this point right now, apart from constantly telling us about season tickets and the fanzone they have little to push. Pre-season starts in three weeks, I'm sure there'll be plenty activity between now and then.

It's terrible. The club shop rips my knitting.

I'm certainly not advocating daily Facebook posts or daily Tweets specifically about season ticket sales. However right now I'd assume that the club is heavily reliant on the cash injection season ticket sales bring given we've really no other revenue source close season. I just think it could be spruced up a bit, giving sales figures, how the different stands are selling. I know of 2 mates who are buying season tickets for the first time, didn't onow a lot about it till I sent them the link to the COWs. An example of Falkirks update. 

1000012287.jpg

31 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye, this got brought up on the club 1883 zoom call they did and the new board have been very conscious of it. There's clearly been a lot of questions about it internally and externally about it but the feeling was that there's absolutely no point in being ordinary with social media.

Naturally, you have to take the rough with the smooth and they're fully aware you'll get fans from other teams coming back but it all creates engagement. It's undoubtedly created a selling point for the club. I don't know if any other club at our level will have a digital director but it certainly feels like they're ahead of the curve with it. 

It's not going to be for everyone, but most people take it in the right spirit even if we lose. Personally, I'm all for it. I'd far rather we were distinct from everyone else and got people talking. 

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye, this got brought up on the club 1883 zoom call they did and the new board have been very conscious of it. There's clearly been a lot of questions about it internally and externally about it but the feeling was that there's absolutely no point in being ordinary with social media.

Naturally, you have to take the rough with the smooth and they're fully aware you'll get fans from other teams coming back but it all creates engagement. It's undoubtedly created a selling point for the club. I don't know if any other club at our level will have a digital director but it certainly feels like they're ahead of the curve with it. 

It's not going to be for everyone, but most people take it in the right spirit even if we lose. Personally, I'm all for it. I'd far rather we were distinct from everyone else and got people talking. 

I totally understand why most Rovers fans think it’s great.  It’ll do all that social media engagement stuff and generate folk looking at it.  

I wonder what the long term strategy is when football isn’t going well on the pitch and fans start to turn, it becomes a gimmick - and the jokes not funny anymore.  We saw a wee bit of that in your run in last season.  So is it sustainable?   It’s also very individual led.  So if your main social media person was to be head hunted (or just hunted), would a replacement be able to tread that very thin line?  

The other challenge is around your overall place and perception within Scottish football.  By consistently being “that guy” in winding up opponents and other players - at some point that becomes counter productive when clubs might need to work together.  It’s a small world.  Don't expect any favours from Dundee United, Partick Thistle for example when touting your woes on plastic pitches.   Sounds petty?  Thats the definition of a lot of folk in Scottish football 🤣

That kind of club persona on social media is absolutely not for me, if we started doing stuff like that on social media it would make me cringe so much id dislocate my toes. There’s a thin line between celebrating success and being snide.   

As the Toun Clock has said, Cook (and more to the point our German based investors) simply will not allow us to go that way.  “Living true sportsmanship” sounds to me the absolute opposite of what Raith do on social media.  

But we do need to improve our content and channels, by sound of it the club knows this and are working on something.   

The socials don't even need to be fantastic to be better than what they are. An 'on this day' appears now and again when it's an anniversary of a cup final or something but we could have an 'on this day we signed player X from club Y - what was his best goal for the Pars?' or 'on this day, Pars player Z was capped by country Q - how many Pars players can you name who were capped while at the club'. 

We have a former players association, cab they be filmed "going in to the shop to buy their season ticket"? With a wee spiel about getting their first ticket as a boy, or where they like to sit and why?

There's a Euros coming up, so a World Cup of kits with 4 groups of 4, then quarters, semi's and a final. One winner who voted for the winning kit wins a free 24/25 kit? 

24 minutes ago, Rabbie Bairns said:

Interesting to see Massive FC season ticket sales have made it to a Dunfermline thread. 

FCUK FFC, remember the t-shirts?

9 hours ago, North West said:

Fail to plan, plan to fail 😃 

I do wonder about a strategy for the club being put forward by the Board to the supporters. I'm not saying the Board don't have a clear and coherent strategy, but if they have one it's not well known to supporters. We're over 3 years into a 7 year plan and I personally don't know of any detail of that plan or anyway of measuring any element of their plan to gauge progress or success. Even a high level overview would help. I think that is down to a lack of leadership by the those running the club. I also think it's leading to frustration among some fans, Patrons and supporters meetings being evidence of that. Definitely room for improvement, Drew Main is at least trying to address some of that.

I just feel we should get more communication from the club. Since the new guys came in comms have died down to a minimum. 
Ross McArthur kept us well informed during his tenure, and incredibly some folks felt he was OTT with it and his desire to make club statements when he felt it was justified. The man tried to do the right thing by the fans and club at all times and some fans felt he didn’t always get it right, but you at least heard something whether you agreed with it or not. 
I personally felt more attached to the club while Ross was in the hot seat but that’s not the case now. 
Maybe I’m expecting too much ? 

Just now, Rabbie Bairns said:

Indeed, imagine your club being so pathetic and small, that you wear that to matches. 

Must've been a massive riddy to get scudded to the title so easily a couple of seasons ago then eh.