Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Boring, ponderous, slow, ineffective football has cost plenty of managers their jobs.

It will cost McPake. I was thinking November but he might get punted in October.

Aye, I said last week I reckon he'll either be gone by Halloween or the crowd will be wanting him gone. 

The first calls for McPake to leave will be after we get beat by Partick on the 21st of September, we'll have had dissapointing results against Falkirk and Raith beforehand.

We'll then have a massive three games against Queens Park, Airdrie and Morton where we won't lose, but will draw at least two of the games, before than a defeat to Falkirk will end things.

Just now, Parscelona said:

Two useless c***s who were stupidly given two year deals by the management team.

MoH has been our our better players since he came on, with Chalmers probably being our best player. They actually got Forfar turning with forward balls/runs. 

I don't want to sound too harsh because he had nice flashes on the wing, but keeping taking McCann off to play Sutherland play upfront by himself was a mistake. 

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Passing about at the back, slow ponderous play, players out of position including a right back at centre half and a winger in central midfield... Peter Grant tried this. 

Peter Grant's team got through the League Cup group stage with ease, scoring 13 goals.

We're in trouble. 

Got the double dunt that despite the squad being light, we've got a fair amount of players in it with rally patchy injury records. 

You can only imagine there's a few players on big wages aswell going by our financials, what a mess. 

Less than acceptable. The strategy of those furnishing the team with a suitable set up to make any sort of challenge is fucking woeful. I've been critical of the financial situation given our losses and been scoffed at, wait till we have to terminate McPakes contract around the end of October. Fuckin shambolic.

Watched on the firestick and it was appalling. I’d give pass marks to Wotherspoon but the rest of them were miles off it. Absolutely toothless again at the top end of the pitch, same old crap as last season.

Deniz is a disgrace to those goalie kits, forget a back up keeper we need a #1. He’s had his chance and he’s blown it every time, and the cheeky kent has the audacity to cup his ears to the Norrie end last season when he saved a penalty, only to sell the house a few minutes later.

Persisting with a back five, with players out of position to accommodate it, at home to Forfar is a shambles. 

Really losing my patience with Craig Wighton and Rhys Breen, made of f*cking spaghetti. I’d stick my last £1 on Rhys Breen making less than 10 appearances this season. 

Everything that was wrong about that ''performance'' has been repeated by fans on forums all pre-season.

It's incredible that between the owners and management they can't see it. The squad is a complete mess. Deluded that youth will bail them out of spending money on the required level of players.

The management again have created a toothless mess up front. No shape or plan going forward. I can't believe I've signed up to another year of this dross.

8 minutes ago, North West said:

Less than acceptable. The strategy of those furnishing the team with a suitable set up to make any sort of challenge is fucking woeful. I've been critical of the financial situation given our losses and been scoffed at, wait till we have to terminate McPakes contract around the end of October. Fuckin shambolic.

Aye, they were incapable of balancing the sheets being the tenth best supported side in Scotland. 

Good luck to them if this season turns to shit, paying off a gaffer, bringing in re-inforcements in January all while fans stay away as we're in the middle of another relegation battle. This a mess all of their making. 

22 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Everything that was wrong about that ''performance'' has been repeated by fans on forums all pre-season.

It's incredible that between the owners and management they can't see it. The squad is a complete mess. Deluded that youth will bail them out of spending money on the required level of players.

The management again have created a toothless mess up front. No shape or plan going forward. I can't believe I've signed up to another year of this dross.

I don't think we've got any money, I genuinely don't. I also don't think we have a clear and coherent strategy for this season, or going forward. I've yet to hear or see any proper evidence of the aforementioned. I called the £1million loss and I bet there will be a significant loss this financial year. Fans are already becoming frustrated and losing faith, they need to wake the f**k up and get a grip of things, quick.

Edited by North West
Pish grammar

Posted (edited)

So after watching that, in summary...

- We're still playing the same five at the back guff that we tried last season and the football is absolutely abysmal to watch.

- We have a goalkeeper whose basically giving goals away, yet he's currently undroppable as our next available goalie is like 15 years old.

- McPake keeps trying to shoehorn KRH in as a right back or a central midfielder when everyone knows he's a winger, mind you its probably because we don't have any other bloody wingers at the club. 

- Our midfield is Otoo and Hamilton, if either of them gets injured (or if a CB gets injured, Hamilton is back at centre half) we have fucking Chalmers in the middle by default. How can we go into the season with him as 3rd choice midfielder? McPake even preferred selecting a guy who he ended up releasing in the summer over playing Chalmers in the final run in of last season.

- Matty Todd is fucked for three months and to be fair, he never looked that fit after his injury problems last season.

- We're pinning our hopes for goals on a guy whose on some bizarre special programme which involves him getting 45 mins of game time two weeks or so before the league season starts. Our alternatives are McCann whose not scored a league goal since November, Wighton whose made of chocolate and can't score goals at this level, so ultimately we're praying that an unproven teenager turns out like Thierry Henry.

I'm going for a lie down.

Edited by Parscelona

Premier Sports coverage shows that it's not the set up in the stadium, the internet connection, the angles on the gantry or any other thing; it's ParsTV that are fucking terrible.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Premier Sports coverage shows that it's not the set up in the stadium, the internet connection, the angles on the gantry or any other thing; it's ParsTV that are fucking terrible.

Even though the commentator sounded like he wasn't over excited at being there, still meant I didn't have to watch the game on mute 

Edited by Leedafc

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I watched Saturdays game on ParsTV and missed a chunk of it because of lost connection and the irritating buffering. Don't know how it was tonight, but my opinion is also a poor product.

That stupid system can get in the bin. Forcing players out of position to play a system that the players aren’t suited to is just stupid. Our manager is a stubborn fool.

Having said that, a number of players should be embarrassed tonight. Too many of them didn’t turn up. We were totally outfought. Forfar looked fitter than us and wanted every loose ball more than us. 

Wotherspoon was trying to show off with his stepovers and fancy flicks, but most of the time then couldn’t play a 10 yard pass. He also created space to shoot from the edge of the box 3/4 times, then did a few wee tricks, turned and passed it backwards. I can’t be bothered with that. Then late on, O’Halloran passed it to him, so he dummied it and let it go through his legs to a Forfar player to start an attack for them. I don’t get it. He did play a great free kick right onto Bene’s head though. That should have been a goal.

Forfar were dreich but wanted that 10x more than we did and deserved the win. A truly embarrassing performance. 

Although the players deserve all the criticism they get for that, they were hamstrung from the start by a negative system with absolutely no discernible plan to actually score a goal. Why play players out of position to fit into a system which just hasn't worked for at least 12 months? If we don't start with four at the back on Saturday I give up. If I hadn't renewed my season ticket early out of blind loyalty and unwarranted optimism I wouldn't now.