Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

. Hostler at lw is just crazy when he's clearly one of the bright sparks you have. Not having an actual lw is obviously the issue there though. Am I correct that mcpake said you will only be signing another 'keeper? 

There's a lot in that which is fair comment but since you commented twice in KRH and LW it's a bad position to be in, nobody is natural there, it's something McCann can do well if it's a front 3 but in a midfield 5? I don't think we have anyone.  So it's pretty much shortest straw between Wetherspoon, o'halloran and KRH who gets it. Wetherspoon doesn't have the legs and o'halloran has less game intelligence and is more one footed so it makes sense he goes right, so when we finally play a formation that would allow KRH to play his most promising position after being punted about he once again has to move cos he's the best choice in a position that we have no natural options for.

4 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Cheers. Get rid and go for fan ownership. Far from a panacea but at least it’s in your own hands. 

Our previous version ownership( legally current without the weight of the loan note) is very close to Falkirk version of 'fan ownership'  those most heavily financially and time involved were burnt out resulting in this new model, I don't think there's enough pars fans with cash who haven't got previous involved in the fairly recent past

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

There's a lot in that which is fair comment but since you commented twice in KRH and LW it's a bad position to be in, nobody is natural there, it's something McCann can do well if it's a front 3 but in a midfield 5? I don't think we have anyone.  So it's pretty much shortest straw between Wetherspoon, o'halloran and KRH who gets it. Wetherspoon doesn't have the legs and o'halloran has less game intelligence and is more one footed so it makes sense he goes right, so when we finally play a formation that would allow KRH to play his most promising position after being punted about he once again has to move cos he's the best choice in a position that we have no natural options for.

I understand the reasoning and thinking behind hosler at lw, it's pretty evident his progress as a player is going to be stalling being shifted about the team which is fully on mcpake though. Mccann seems to have 1 good game in 8 so although it's far from your biggest issue, it is hampering a change in tactics to some degree. 

Didn't make it on Saturday but a few comments from the highlights. 

The number of goals we conceded through the league cup that were due to poor goalkeeping is just unsustainable. If money is tight are the board holding out giving more money to the man who gave Mehmet a 3 year contract? 

Wighton and MOH missing the chances they did is also unsustainable. 

Great finish by Sutherland. For me he was bullied a bit vs Forfar and  I'm not sure he's physically quite ready for starting in the Championship, but he might be our most instinctive finisher. Problem is how many chances can we provide for him. 

We desperately need another left sided player for reasons others have said above. Did KRH start LWB or further forward? If it was LWB we are so far past square pegs and round holes it is more like using your own face to hammer a hexagon through a concrete slab.

22 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Didn't make it on Saturday but a few comments from the highlights. 

Just watched highlights. The goalkeeping issue is well discussed. The number of chances we had, and didn't convert, is equally appalling. Genuinely could have and should have had 4 or 5. It certainly didn't look like we were failing to create chances - we just failed to convert the clear chances we did have.

Was reading Bene's post match interview from Saturday, was quite surprised to see him actually come out and say this. We all know we need more players but the captain of the club actually saying it - 

image.png.886bb0811aed58bba16161b2bf51f10e.png

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

We desperately need another left sided player for reasons others have said above. Did KRH start LWB or further forward? If it was LWB we are so far past square pegs and round holes it is more like using your own face to hammer a hexagon through a concrete slab.

KRH had Ngwenya behind him. we played a back 4

45 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Just watched highlights. The goalkeeping issue is well discussed. The number of chances we had, and didn't convert, is equally appalling. Genuinely could have and should have had 4 or 5. It certainly didn't look like we were failing to create chances - we just failed to convert the clear chances we did have.

we only really created chances after we had gone behind. For the first hour we barely had a shot

Guys - sorry to interrupt but I though I'd let you know the Livi For Life Supporters Trust are having a Family Fun even on Saturday 3rd August behind the stadium (next to where the away supporters are housed).

We're arranging entertainment for the kids plus food; raffle etc. Both Pars and Livi supporters are welcome. In addition the Provost of Fife, the one and only Jim Leishman, will be in attendance between 1:30 and 2:30 doing what Jim Leishman does best; walking around talking to fans and spinning the odd yarn or two.

If you're coming to the game please try to pop in. 

Livi For Life Supporters Trust

16 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

15 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

needs to play as a right winger and get one on one with the left back

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Id easily move OHal over to get KRH in his best position. He's the best player at the club when played correctly. 

MOH is a one trick pony. Head down and run to the byline. That wouldn't work on the left. But we won't get anywhere without playing our best players on their best position so KRH does need to play right wing. 

I'm a touch worried about Ritchie-Hosler to be honest. When he came back into the team after his injury last season he was clearly lacking in confidence. He barely took a man on and preferred to take the safe option of a 5 yard pass inside or back. That spark was gone. If he's being played out of position of feels he has to try too hard then that's going to make things worse. We need to find a way of getting him into dangerous areas and confident enough to take men on and get into shooting and crossing positions. Playing him at RWB, CM or LM isn't going to do that. As one of our few selllable assets, you'd think the bean counters would be aware of that even if the manager isn't...

43 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm a touch worried about Ritchie-Hosler to be honest. When he came back into the team after his injury last season he was clearly lacking in confidence. He barely took a man on and preferred to take the safe option of a 5 yard pass inside or back. That spark was gone. If he's being played out of position of feels he has to try too hard then that's going to make things worse. We need to find a way of getting him into dangerous areas and confident enough to take men on and get into shooting and crossing positions. Playing him at RWB, CM or LM isn't going to do that. As one of our few selllable assets, you'd think the bean counters would be aware of that even if the manager isn't...

It's staggering that the coaching staff cant see that

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Benedictus isn't a coach. Does he even has coaching badges? Would he even want to do the job? That would be a terrible appointment if it came to pass (which it won't).

I think Benedictus has his coaching badges. 

I think the most likely to step in for an interim basis would be either Wotherspoon or Chalmers. No idea how either would do tbh. 

I think given the dream of a player pathway an internal coach appointment would sit quite well with the board.  Chalmers has done the most coaching as far as I'm aware but he strikes me as someone who if he does make a career out of it will likely be mostly in background roles,  that said there's becoming more and more managers who are are of a more quiet personality in the modern game.