Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Nah, it'll be folk taking their kids up for one last day out before the schools go back. Maybe not the carnival atmosphere that it could have been with some new signings and a cracking start to the season but don't anticipate any bother. If folk aren't happy with the club they just won't attend.

I hope you’re right, but I think you underestimate the passion of some fans. If they see Cook or Meggle they may now be able to stop themselves, then the potential snow ball effect could kick off. 

Maybe I’m just getting very cynical in my dotage though 

Hoping one of you chaps could settle a pub argument for us?   Was there a time, maybe late 70's early 80's, when away fans were housed in the opposite end at EEP?  

I have vague memories of being behind the goals at what is now the NM stand, for a super-tense promotion decider between us;  Falkirk needed to win, it ended up 1-1 due to a blunder by our gk. Would that be right?  

54 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Hoping one of you chaps could settle a pub argument for us?   Was there a time, maybe late 70's early 80's, when away fans were housed in the opposite end at EEP?  

I have vague memories of being behind the goals at what is now the NM stand, for a super-tense promotion decider between us;  Falkirk needed to win, it ended up 1-1 due to a blunder by our gk. Would that be right?  

Was it not a 1-0 to them due to a late penalty given away by a Bomber Brown handball on the line?

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Was it not a 1-0 to them due to a late penalty given away by a Bomber Brown handball on the line?

Really not sure RP, but had it in mind we were 1-up then fecked up.  But do you remember if we were in the opposite end of the ground?   

3 hours ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Really not sure RP, but had it in mind we were 1-up then fecked up.  But do you remember if we were in the opposite end of the ground?   

To be honest not sure just remember having an almighty scunner going into my art and design o grade the following day! (Still got an A)
One of the older Pars fans should be able to confirm what end we were in.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

McBookie has Falkirk at EVS and us at 23/10 for the win. Says it all really. Home game as well for us. 

I've put a tenner on Falkirk -2. I fear an absolute hiding. A good result for us is keeping it below 3 goals.

5 hours ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

1978-79, Dunfermline played Falkirk on the final day and drew 1-1, Roland scoring a penalty for Dunfermline in the 63rd minute. 

https://daht.org.uk/story.php?t=Season_1978-1979&ID=9525

There's a picture of the penalty with the now Norrie end in the background but I couldn't tell you what fans are in it. A win for Falkirk would've indeed seen you up due to your superior goal difference. Table can be seen below if you fancy a gander. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978–79_Scottish_Second_Division

21 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

1978-79, Dunfermline played Falkirk on the final day and drew 1-1, Roland scoring a penalty for Dunfermline in the 63rd minute. 

There's a picture of the penalty with the now Norrie end in the background but I couldn't tell you what fans are in it. A win for Falkirk would've indeed seen you up due to your superior goal difference. Table can be seen below if you fancy a gander. 

Really can’t remember us scoring!

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

I was at the game and the penalty was at the cowden end 

I would walk round to the north west from the town end turnstiles.  
no way were away fans ever there 

Edited by Well over Par

14 hours ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Definitely in the early 70's, not a clue what score was, i was roughly  13 & definitely stood @ what is now the home end. Not sure if it was like brockville then that you could change ends @ halt time.  I have only ever been to East End as a falkirk supporter so definitely no  a random game

Has he? Thanks for letting us know. My interest in the club has dropped of late for some reason and I'm not up to date with current affairs.

Likely Covid/flu since it's rife the now with  few folk I know having symptoms. Hopefully more get it and the game is a bogey

17 hours ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

There was no segregation then so you may well have been in the NM which was covered terracing. You could change ends at half time.

When did the cage go in? Those were my earliest memories. John Watson scoring to go up and me being in the away end with east end rammed with pars fans both ends. I was on the pitch another game when I was young celebrating in front of the main stand. Was too young to remember what game it was but think it was all when Leishman brought us back up from the 2nd Div. I marched with the fans when he got sacked later as well.

Edited by Heaton

7 minutes ago, Heaton said:

When did the cage go in? Those were my earliest memories. John Watson scoring to go up and me being in the away end with east end rammed with pars fans both ends. I was on the pitch another game when I was young celebrating in front of the main stand. Was too young to remember what game it was but think it was all when Leishman brought us back up from the 2nd Div. I marched with the fans when he got sacked later as well.

I think it was the very early 80s. It was definitely there in the immediate pre-Leishman era when I was starting to go with my school pals and the crowds were sometimes around 600-700. 

7 hours ago, parslad said:

There was no segregation then so you may well have been in the NM which was covered terracing. You could change ends at half time.

Cheers for that, it makes some sense now. My memory was your equalising goal - and thus league winner - was right in front of us, on the (at the time) West terracing. The bit about changing ends is also vaguely familiar, however unlikely to ever be repeated.  

One header in 85 minute  at goal. Comrie playing left wing back. Nothing going forward.

The players are trying and yes, the manager has not been backed but he can still get better out of these players. McPake and the rest need to go.