Walking Down The Halbeath Road

James McPake deserves a chance without two hands tied behind his back imo, at least to the January window.

1286000.jpg.49a611023ab0f1ae5985cec3071b02f2.jpg

Had this in my head since yesterday for some reason...

Edited by GordieBoy80

29 minutes ago, Overseas guy said:

There was a big team in Fife called the Pars,
Who through financial shenanigans now need to collect money in jars,
With the Germans now gone,
The funds didn't last long,
And the dreams of success turned to scars.

No players to sign,
The results took a decline,
And now they're left crying in bars.

The fans hoped for glory,
But now it's a different story,
As the Germans head home in their cars. 

There is this overseas guy, he thought his poetry would make us cry  He doesn’t seem bright, and his poetry is shite, or it could be he just isn’t right. 😉

42 minutes ago, GordieBoy80 said:

James McPake deserves a chance without two hands tied behind his back imo, at least to the January window.

1286000.jpg.49a611023ab0f1ae5985cec3071b02f2.jpg

Had this in my head since yesterday for some reason...

Disagree. He shouldn't be in charge for our next game.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You gonna pay up his contract. Our Teutonic friends have left us in a position with limited "freed up funds" for signings, wanna spend it on giving McP his jotters?

4 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

You gonna pay up his contract. Our Teutonic friends have left us in a position with limited "freed up funds" for signings, wanna spend it on giving McP his jotters?

Aye I'll do it.

1 hour ago, Overseas guy said:

There was a big team in Fife called the Pars,
Who through financial shenanigans now need to collect money in jars,
With the Germans now gone,
The funds didn't last long,
And the dreams of success turned to scars.

No players to sign,
The results took a decline,
And now they're left crying in bars.

The fans hoped for glory,
But now it's a different story,
As the Germans head home in their cars. 

Very good but would be better with a poster. 

The was a team fae Ha'beath

Who's German fling brought them much grief.

What a shock for a Hamburger

To find the Pars were just murder.

Now maybe the Krauts were on the make,

But they didn't count on hapless McPake

With Edwards and Todd, they thought they'd be right on.

But instead they're saddled with broken Bene and Wighton.

All hope for some white knights Teutonic

Has left Pars in a condition quite chronic

Unless there's some good news quite soon.

To League 1 they will go doon

All that money straight down the drain

Please try not to go bust again.

Over to you Mr Provost

Edited by Scottydog

8 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

The was a team fae Ha'beath

Who's German fling brought them much grief.

What a shock for a poor Hamburger

To find the Pars they bought were just murder.

Maybe those Krauts were on the make,

But they didn't count on hapless McPake

With Edwards and Todd they thought they'd be right on.

But they're saddled with broken Bene and Wighton.

All hope for some white knights Teutonic

Has left Pars in a condition quite chronic

Unless there's some good news quite soon.

To League they will go doon

All that money straight down the drain

Please try not to go bust again.

Over to you Mr Provost

Some of the other stuff is funny but that is just word soup. Stick to writing in crayon fella.

Just now, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Some of the other stuff is funny but that is just word soup. Stick to writing in crayon fella.

Why? Just so you can read it better?

7 hours ago, BPM said:

These chancers get opportunities when you have majority shareholders who are not supporters and the current majority shareholder gets bored, runs out of cash, have been in too long. Raith under you current set up are just as vulnerable to that as Dunfermline are now. If fans get high on the short term cash and promises of people in control of their club without broader strong shareholding from the wider support clubs will always be vulnerable to these types getting a hold. 

Absolutely agree with the problem, but the solution is far from clear. We see “community owned” trotted out on a regular basis, but it’s far from a proven, successful answer. It’s just that there isn’t real money in fitba outside of the Premiership, and even there’s about five to seven teams you could genuinely call successful on a going basis.

The “community shareholding” theory is all too often wonderful until a surprise costs arises or an infusion of funds is needed. First a few fall away, followed by more and the system tends to collapse under its own weight. Outside of the twins in Glasgow and Edinburgh, you have Aberdeen and possibly one or both of the Dundee pair that might have a solid enough financial basIs due to a significant fanbase and/or population base.

I, as others have mentioned, thought first of KDM as the most viable candidate at Dunfermline, but was just wondering if that’s the whole schemer, or if Little Timmy can expect Lassie to show up with someone else before the vultures appear.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Absolutely agree with the problem, but the solution is far from clear. We see “community owned” trotted out on a regular basis, but it’s far from a proven, successful answer. It’s just that there isn’t real money in fitba outside of the Premiership, and even there’s about five to seven teams you could genuinely call successful on a going basis.

The “community shareholding” theory is all too often wonderful until a surprise costs arises or an infusion of funds is needed. First a few fall away, followed by more and the system tends to collapse under its own weight. Outside of the twins in Glasgow and Edinburgh, you have Aberdeen and possibly one or both of the Dundee pair that might have a solid enough financial basIs due to a significant fanbase and/or population base.

I, as others have mentioned, thought first of KDM as the most viable candidate at Dunfermline, but was just wondering if that’s the whole schemer, or if Little Timmy can expect Lassie to show up with someone else before the vultures appear.

Of the top of my head Motherwell, St Mirren, Hearts, Morton, Falkirk are all fan owned and bar Falkirk who are relatively new to the club none of those outfits appear to be in financial distress. In fact in the case of Falkirk fan ownership was actually the solution to a governance and financial issue the club was facing. I’m also pretty certain there will be more examples of fan ownership working effectively further down the leagues that I am unaware of as well. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Of the top of my head Motherwell, St Mirren, Hearts, Morton, Falkirk are all fan owned and bar Falkirk who are relatively new to the club none of those outfits appear to be in financial distress. In fact in the case of Falkirk fan ownership was actually the solution to a governance and financial issue the club was facing. I’m pretty certain there will be more examples of fan ownership working well further down the leagues that I am unaware of as well. 

Certainly, and it generally proves the point. You have one team on that list that is truly independently viable, the rest depend (in varying amounts) upon a community/fan model that leaves them vulnerable to a bad choice at manager or an adverse event.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Scottish football as a whole needs to do more to get youngsters into the first team picture far more than we currently do.

The larger clubs are getting battered right now with youngsters opting to head down south but it's no wonder given how little first team opportunities they are given to prove themselves.

Celtic are up in arms about Vata and Kelly refusing to sign new contracts but Vata was given 3 minutes of premiership football last season and Kelly 86 minutes. Rangers bought up a fair whack of players from other academies a few years ago, one of which was Bailey Rice from Motherwell he's since manged 15 premiership minutes whereas Lennon Miller who played in the same team as Rice and stayed put has 1557 minutes under his belt and rising. 

2 hours ago, bagpuss said:

The problem is Scottish Football will never get the numbers of youngsters onto the pitch because of the small league sizes and the pressure 3 or 4 consecutive defeats pile on any manager. He's always going to turn to old hands to get him out of trouble then or stop the problem appearing in the first place.

Scottish Football is to English Football as the Warsaw Pact was to NATO. You have the colossus (the “Old Firm”) and everyone else living on varying amounts of scraps and shite. The OF hoover up talent and horde it, which most often results in young players either not developing or having to leave Scotland to get playing time. The few who succeed outside this scheme are scooped up by the financially stronger English teams or the OF anyway.

While academies wax and wane, the ugly truth around here seems to be that after a while there’s a little dry spell and the team investing in the academy often lacks the depth of pockets to keep going. Thus the decision is made to shutter the project due to poor results, and the costs of keeping it going, in the name of investing in the first team.. The Raith Community Foundation is an interesting approach, a less structured academy approach that is more integrated with the community, but we’ll have to see how it pans out. I’m sure other teams have equally interesting approaches, I’m just deeply skeptical as long as the OF calls the shots.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I think he'll be here until whoever takes over.

In normal circumstances, I would let him go as he's made some horrible decisions keeping on players who aren't good enough at this level, whilst his tactics leave a lot to be desired.

I do think that he's a good man and I will genuinely wish him the best going forwards as I can appreciate that it hasn't been an easy experience having to deal with these muppets in charge, yet I think a new start for both parties is the best thing once the takeover happens.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk are aware we used to be fan owned aye? The reason the current lot were brought in was because it wasn't really working.

12 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

It was working just fine, we just continually made bad decisions regarding managers.

IMG_0865.gif.b9dd4e14a73698c8d05cb97547bd3445.gif