Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You can't actually think the board will charge the club to train at the training ground?

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Wait, what are you actually suggesting here? Who do you think owns the training ground and who do you think has the long term lease?

Change in ownership will have zero impact on the current agreement(s) regarding the training facility.

As far as I’m aware the training ground is not part of Dunfermline Athletic football club. And if the training will need maintaining and rates paid, so I hope we can rent it out to at least cover the cost of its upkeep. I hope Dunfermline off load it if they do own it, and go back to training at a more cost effective location. 

9 minutes ago, Wacky said:

As far as I’m aware the training ground is not part of Dunfermline Athletic football club. And if the training will need maintaining and rates paid, so I hope we can rent it out to at least cover the cost of its upkeep. I hope Dunfermline off load it if they do own it, and go back to training at a more cost effective location. 

How much would it cost for the club to pay rent at various facilities for training versus the upkeep of Rosyth, which they can potentially, at a later date, rent out in evenings and weekends.

30 minutes ago, Wacky said:

The football club have a 25 year lease with the Civil Service for the training ground. That doesn’t just disappear if we change the club’s ownership.

Im also not sure why you think hiring numerous facilities across Fife (or further afield) is more cost-effective than having one training base. Hiring pitches for first team/reserves training and pitches for training and matches for every level of the academy won’t be cheap at all.

6 minutes ago, kdypar said:

The figure I heard for pitch hire was in the region of £300k a year. That included first team academy and community club. 

So there would probably be a significant saving having our own training pitch/facilities. If it was able to be rented out as well then could possibly even make the club some cash.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

, which they can potentially, at a later date, rent out in evenings and weekends

Ask Falkirk how that worked out for them with the 2/3? Pitches they had 

54 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

But we don't have 2/3 pitches.

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

So how many hires does it take to make it feasible? 

As far as I’m aware the only pitches that  survive sre at sports centres and schools, I can’t think it any outwith these places that survive. I’m sure you know otherwise tho? 

33 minutes ago, Wacky said:

As far as I’m aware the only pitches that  survive sre at sports centres and schools, I can’t think it any outwith these places that survive. I’m sure you know otherwise tho? 

Eh? If the club have their own pitch they don't need to hire others. If you're saying there aren't many available to hire (and I have no idea how many there are), surely that would make the club's training pitch at Rosyth mote attractive to hire out?

Incidentally, although we have some disagreements on here, I don't dislike you.

Edited by DA Baracus

7 hours ago, Wacky said:

I’d say that’s the owners ground to do what they want with. I think Pars will go back to hiring facilities again. If they owners aren’t to greedy we may even hire that facility from them. 

They will get there money back or what ever when they sell there shares in the club. The club will still have the training ground. I highly doubt we will go back to renting out pitches again to train. Read there statement again they said academy and training ground is up and running. 

suggest having a few days off away from the pars related stuff 

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Ask Falkirk how that worked out for them with the 2/3? Pitches they had 

Which pitches? Falkirk academy were based at University of Stirling IIRC. If you mean the pitches now, then yes they hire them out. What point are you trying to make?

9 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Wait, what are you actually suggesting here? Who do you think owns the training ground and who do you think has the long term lease?

Change in ownership will have zero impact on the current agreement(s) regarding the training facility.

With regards to Falkirk and Raith fans, as much as they want to give out "Oh I hope your OK", they also don't want a Dunfermline run effectively. 

Gonna give any faux concerns from them a wide berth. 

24 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

With regards to Falkirk and Raith fans, as much as they want to give out "Oh I hope your OK", they also don't want a Dunfermline run effectively. 

Gonna give any faux concerns from them a wide berth. 

Absolutely correct, want to see you surviving but certainly not thriving.

@Wacky is a good lad and wants the best for the club (I admire his dedication), but the fog of war from the club has him, and me, and most fans, asking questions.

There are many questions for the board (all of them, Survivor Series teams aside) to answer.

Edited by DA Baracus

Maybe try asking the club direct for clarification if you have a specific query about the academy, pitches, training facilities etc. A direct approach can sometimes achieve surprising results. My partner sent an email (post Falkirk) to the club and got a very direct and informative reply. I sent an email to the clubs SLO just the other week and received a prompt reply. Supporters communication sessions have been improving. Drew Main has been actively asking fans groups to come along, including fans from here. Fans ask for information on websites, then when folk supply it they discount it. Fans moan about lack of info but don't seek it for themselves. Websites are really just the modern day equivalent of auld wifie's gassing over the garden fences on washday.

Of course given the circumtance right now nobody knows what's happening. But I'm sure we'll get to know in the coming weeks what's happening.  

I know a few have been in touch with the club including myself, but that was before the Falkirk game and before this statement being released. Won't go into details publicly but the response wasn't great. I suspect it would have been different post statement. 

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I know a few have been in touch with the club including myself, but that was before the Falkirk game and before this statement being released. Won't go into details publicly but the response wasn't great. I suspect it would have been different post statement. 

I've had a mixed experience, but the point being, I ask. The questions that I sent the club back in March prompted a fans meeting with the SLO & CEO and the subject matter for the meeting were my questions. Those questions and answers are on the EEB site, contained within thread headed 'Club Accounts'. Asking direct questions was fundamentally what got rid of Masterton.. 

Edited by North West