Walking Down The Halbeath Road

New signing to be announced today. The photo the official page has put up on Twitter shows someone with a bit of hair, so that'll rule Jason Scotland out.

Edit: Forgot about Jim Paterson. It'll be him, of course.

Edited by DAFC.

New signing to be announced today. The photo the official page has put up on Twitter shows someone with a bit of hair, so that'll rule Jason Scotland out.

Edit: Forgot about Jim Paterson. It'll be him, of course.

And the silhouette would be twice the size if it was scotland.

I'm expecting it to be the unveiling of paterson tbh, anything else can be a pleasant(hopefully) surprise.

Everyone already knows Paterson is signing though?

If it is him, how very exciting, we really needed him blackened out to build that suspense.

The club wanting to bring a bit of excitement despite the signing being pretty underwhelming in all honesty.

Wind up or no wind up, this actually occured to me a bit last night.

First Summer that things are settled off the field and we may have a bit of coin, we punt out loyal players/staff such as Husband & Dargo, and bring in the best of the rest from the division.

The team we had last season absolutely romped to 2nd using a lot of boys who had came through the under 20s etc. Last seasons team should have been more than enough to win the league this year. Obviously, we need to replace the loanees and Morris needed to be replaced but going and cherry picking from the other teams in the league probably wasn't the best thing to do. Everybody has a degree in hindsight though I suppose.

Not surprised at all by the flak we get from other teams in the league now that we are making a pigs arse out of it.

Club in signing other players shocker. How exceptionally arrogant.

...going and cherry picking from the other teams in the league probably wasn't the best thing to do. Everybody has a degree in hindsight though I suppose.

Not surprised at all by the flak we get from other teams in the league now that we are making a pigs arse out of it.

Two out-of-contract players?? Cherry picking?? FFS are you actually serious?!

Yes I was just thinking that. Moffat has been very disappointing. Jason Scotland even at 35 is still a class or two above the League One diddies and SHOULD smash the other teams.

Hmmm. This reminds me of Sevco fans wi Miller and Boyd In The summer.

That ended really well.

Calm down petal, its a rumour started by a Livi fan for a laugh.......maybe :o

I was commenting on the point that 1 Par made that Scotland would tear up the 1st division.

The same way Sevco fans thought Boyd would tear up the Championship.

Whether he signs wi you or not isn't what I was commenting on,

Lot of Forfar fans not missing Paterson. Ok, he might not be much better than what we have, but he is something that we do not have at the moment: an experienced defender. Hopefully he can help out players like Martin whilst on the pitch. Martin lets the ball drift over his head far too much and makes school boy mistakes giving strikers golden chances. It needs to stop before it costs us further.

Pretty sure it was him that totally coasted in that 0-0 draw for Forfar and I was fairly impressed with him, was similar to Buchanan in many ways. No fannying about and done his job competently.

Edited by DAFC.

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=First_signing_of_Potter_era&ID=8232

Sounds like he's coming in as a player first and foremost, looking at that quote from JP.

I think this could be quite a shrewd signing, tbh. Not the most glamorous of signings - compared to Danny Grainger last year for example - but he is still ticking all the boxes, imo.

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=First_signing_of_Potter_era&ID=8232

Sounds like he's coming in as a player first and foremost, looking at that quote from JP.

I think this could be quite a shrewd signing, tbh. Not the most glamorous of signings - compared to Danny Grainger last year for example - but he is still ticking all the boxes, imo.

Well that didn't take long for my post to be proved wrong.

Wonder if that means we're still in the market for an u20s coach?

Wouldn't think so. JP said he was looking for an experienced player who could help out occasionally with the coaching side of it, and Paterson is that man, going by the interview on the link above. Paterson helped out at tonight's U20's game, going by the picture's in the photo gallery on COWS. Seemed to be taking the warm up.

Edit: Interview with Jim Paterson -

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=New_signing_cannot_wait_for_Saturday&ID=8234

Edited by dafcburty

Well that didn't take long for my post to be proved wrong.

Wonder if that means we're still in the market for an u20s coach?

To be fair, Potter said as much last week. You just read into it something that wasn't there, as did Burty.

Still.....at least you're saving a wage though, eh?

Edited by Pesadilla

To be fair, Potter said as much last week. You just read into it something that wasn't there, as did Burty.

Still.....at least you're saving a wage though, eh?

It wasn't exactly an unreasonable assumption. Anyway talking about coaches...

Gary bolan- manager

Stuart balmer - Assistant Manager

Ian flaherty- Assistant Coach

Stuart garden - goalkeeping coach

Steven findlay - u20s manager

James grant - u20s coach