Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Dick is a Dunfermline man who has proved he can build a team to challenge and even win this league with much less resources.He was there when we had a team I loved watching with Bert in charge.The good old you score two we'll score four lol.

...and Bollan's the favourite for the job now.

Watching the odds movement is more interesting than the fact we have a game tomorrow.

Johnston has drifted out even further to 20/1 now which is surprising considering he's the second most popular option in the poll. However, the guy who he replaced at QOTS, MacPherson, has come in @ 6/1. :unsure2:

Edited by Parscelona

Replay the Morton highlights and then tell me he isn't completely incompetent at defending.

We can do far, far better than this and hopefully we will next season. There's over a dozen games where he's been absolutely terrible and sent off twice.

A few good crosses or set pieces don't make up for lack of pace, skill, positional awareness and strength.

This is a football forum and discussion is open to all points of view, nobody said that he should be booed or abused in public so stop being completely over dramatic in order to character assassinate or win petty battles. I read lots of posts from other fans and he hasn't been mentioned once as a decent player or standout. One or two people share a joke in jest and suddenly it's flappy flappy time and finger pointing point scoring again.

It's utterly pathetic.

Your double standards are fantastic mate honestly

Dick Campbell will be the next manager. Look at what he does on a shoestring currently. Think about the attacking side he was involved with in the 90s. Pushed out by a few vocal fans when results weren't going our way. The man is Dunfermline through and through, he has passion in spades and has unfinished business at the club. No more discussion required. He is the man!

Dick Campbell will be the next manager. Look at what he does on a shoestring currently. Think about the attacking side he was involved with in the 90s. Pushed out by a few vocal fans when results weren't going our way. The man is Dunfermline through and through, he has passion in spades and has unfinished business at the club. No more discussion required. He is the man!

Based on what? Pure Speculation?

Folk aren't being serious about Gus MacPherson and Dick Campbell surely?

Aitken has got to be the favourite if Stinlar fail in the play-offs, but right now it's probably Bollan.

Potter's post match comments,

Q: "Someone coming in might expect to have their own number two, what would happen in that situation?"

A: "It won't happen, it will be myself"

Well there goes any hope of him taking a coaching role elsewhere.

The most bizarre thing to me is that he says he's spoken to those out of contract and given them his thoughts on whether they should be here next season! :lol: What the f**k? What happens if whoever comes in wants to keep a player who Potter has already told he doesn't rate? I know finances are dictating that he's staying, yet the effects of this are already showing how stupid this can potentially be.

I genuinely think we're going to shoot ourselves in the foot again.

Edited by Parscelona

There is no excuses next season. We will be full time, in a league where every single team is part-time. Wouldn't fancy us up against Alloa though with Lennon at the helm.

You don't like entertaining attacking football?

Is this a personal thing?

No, I hate those things. I'd rather see horse long balls to no one and get pumped every week.

Do you watch Forfar a lot incidentally?

Anyway, here's why I think Dick Campbell would be a atrocious appointment;

Firstly he's a fucking rabid bigot tosser. I don't want anyone like that at East End. Yes, Goram should be punted immediately as well. We need to stop looking to the past. With this season and the board statement, I think it truly is starting to sink in to our fans that truly is a new era for the club. The financial situation especially should be a wake up call to many of our fans who still thought we could operate as we did before. The reality is totally different now for us. The club needs to move forward and appointing someone associated with our past won't help us with that. In moving forward we need a manager with a long term strategy. Campbell wouldn't be that. He'd just be seen as someone to get us out of this league, then we'd have to start all over again hiring a new manager who'd probably make big changes to the squad. The club has been governed by short term thinking and philosophy for too long. It nearly killed us. We need to evolve and adapt past that. Campbell is not the man to do that.

There's no guarantee that he could bring the success Forfar had to us. What has he ever done as a full time manager, as the number 1? He'd have to do all the day to day stuff that comes with being a full time manager. At Forfar they perhaps have different expectations and pressures, and maybe he's comfortable with that, but would he be comfortable dealing with different expectations and pressures at East End? Also when was the last time he actually gained promotion with Forfar? Does he choke in the big games? Or does he not know how to handle them? Our ambition is promotion meaning there will be big games if things go well. Could he handle them?

We need to appoint someone fresh with freah ideas of how to play and how to move the club forward.