Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Whittle's young and raw but looks to have something,I see teams double marking him pretty quickly which will see his effectiveness dulled somewhat.....this is when we'll see if he can learn and JJ can teach him.

We have to be realistic in that he's signed for us so isn't a world beater but with the right coaching and attitude he looks like he could easily be a 1st division defense beater with room to progress.

On a sad note Pars "Go to guy" Jim Thomson has died after a lengthy illness..

I had the pleasure of doing work experience years ago with him and he was an absolute gent,a real lovely guy....RIP Jim and condolences to the family.

Edited by Bawdeep

:lol:

However well done on spunking over us next week.

It's a sad indictment on Scottish football that a team with Murray, Geggan, Wallace and Falkingham are one of the favourites for promotion.

Murray has played at a higher level than this division throughout his career. His ability isn't in doubt, his fitness is though.

Think the starting line up I'd like to see on Saturday would be 4-4-2 not the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 we have been playing.

Gallacher

McMillan Dowie Murray Jordan

Burns Falkingham Husband Cardle

Kirk Wallace

Subs - Hrivnak,Geggan,Whittle,Barrowman,Willis

The reason being aye Burns can be poor but he does work hard plus if push comes to shove you can revert to 4-3-3 as you could push Cardle and bring Burns in plus good options on bench.

Although Geggan I think may start as he has played pre season but not a rb in my eyes McMillan far better, as they say if its not broke don't fix it

I vote we don't play Burns as he is pretty rubbish.

All in favour.....

AYE!

On a side note, there doesn't seem to be anything official regarding the signing of the Italian D'Angelo. Aside from a minuscule article in the Daily Ranger. Just seems to be a tad quiet on the COWS, possibly just paper rumours...

Jordan officially signed but d'angelo hasn't yet

Pleased to have Jordan signed he looked good pre-season , need a centre half or two and maybe a back up striker. If we Murray and dargo and and another centre back and d'angelo if I am being greedy then we should be quite well set up for a new season, doubt we'll get that though.

Edited by parsforlife

Are we just going to use this thread for all assorted chat over the course of the season? Just change the thread title?

Probably a good idea.

I think D'Angelo has now signed. I like the look of him, composed and has an arrogant streak about it.

The reason being aye Burns can be poor but he does work hard

Everything that is wrong with Scottish football right there, "He might be fucking gash but he can run around allot."

I vote that we don't play Burns, anywhere or anytime, I'm not giving a f**k how much he can run about, the fact he runs in all the wrong places and does bugger all with the ball means far more.