Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Yep. To give him his dues he seems a decent attacking threat at set pieces but he really isn't a good enough defender.

I was amazed when I found out he hadn't just been hoovered up from a junior side for his hard-man qualities, but instead he's played professional football the whole time :lol:

Liam Smith. Not that I'm aware of. Its happening though.

I see he is a defender. Whereabouts in defence? Pretty pointless signing another full back.

The injuries to our defence have been absolutely tragic. Not that we haven't dealt with it, unlike some other teams 8)

I see he is a defender. Whereabouts in defence? Pretty pointless signing another full back.

The injuries to our defence have been absolutely tragic. Not that we haven't dealt with it, unlike some other teams 8)

Not pointless. We have no natural full back cover at all. Geggan to RB if Rooney gets injured which damages the midfield. Nothing to cover if something happens to Talbot.

AJ raving about Wallace and Hopkirk on his Thursday update so no big loss to lose MAC.

On tattoo boy...

Good stuff from Potter about our 'way of thinking'. His way of thinking wasn't very good, but AJ seems to have that clarity that was lacking last year. This year the team reminds me of the times we've had very good coaching (eg under Jimmys C and Mac). We're not about one or two players running things - you can see every player, including the subs, buys into whatever they are being coached.

John Potter gave his opinion on the new signing:-

"He looks a good player, we obviously knew about him when he was playing at Dundee United. He left there because he wasn't getting the game time that he was looking for.

"He has impressed everybody in training and joined in with the first team. He played a 20s game for us. It wasn't a great game but we saw enough to think that he can progress and do well. I think he will score goals, he is quite creative and we will get him into our way of thinking and hopefully he can be a good player and a good signing for the club."