Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Absolute myth that he was good at set pieces. Plenty times he wasn't clearing the first man at corners. His positioning was good but he didn't have the confidence to take on his man or hit the by line, not to mention the fact he wasn't very good at defending. The laddies not good enough for us, and evidently not livingston. I guess it's make or break with him now, if it doesn't work out at Clyde I can see him playing junior fitbaw in the near future.

That abomination of a system we played last season seemed to result in the ball repeatedly ending up at the feet of Millen, towards the half way line. He'd have nobody to pass to, couldn't/wouldn't run up the line and the ball would end up being launched aimlessly at our wee strikers. Bawling at Millen for not being a creative dynamo seemed a bit pointless. Millen was the fall guy for hopeless tactics and formations. AJ has come up with a system that suits the players we have available and it has made such a difference.

Millen was pretty rubbish defensively, and wouldn't go bombing forward as a full-back, but he did set up a few with his set pieces.

Last season, he was joint-top in assists for us with 8, and scored 5 goals. All from right back, or occasionally centre-half. Only Geggan (7 goals, 7 assists) and Moffat (6 goals, 8 assists) were directly involved in more goals than him last year.

Having said that, it was one of the worst Pars teams in a long time!

Should do well at Clyde, and given some improvements defensively should be a League 1/2 regular.

There's three or four ex junior players or managers on there who get to be the deciding factor in whether a player is deemed good or bad. Despite being spectacularly wrong about many players they still are the judge and jury on if a player is good enough.

Also massive contradictions like any abuse of Millen is unacceptable but it's ok to call Muirhead a poof or Simmons all the names under the sun.

Millen was one they all back and again it's backfired and they are all backtracking and still persisting with the 'he's got good positional sense' 'don't you know i played for Inverbay Rovers U18S!'

Facts are he clearly isn't.

Millen wasn't great, you're correct about that.

However, Muirhead was an absolute waster & Simmons was/is a lazy c**t, both had utterly stinking attitudes towards playing professional football & playing for us. They were further on in their careers having came from a "big" club & were getting paid an absolute fortune.

I can accept a youngster thrown into a shite team struggling. I try to support him. What I can't handle is players with a degree of talent not giving a f**k about the club & it's fans & just lining their pockets.

There's the difference.

Edited by da_no_1

AJ says Williamson and Martin just weeks away from being available. Looking at bringing in another defender and striker if anyone decent available. Even just adding that pair to the squad is a huge boost for the run-in. A less shite version of MAC would be very welcome too. Again, Darren Dods ticks all the boxes.

This probably makes me a bad person, but a small part of me would be happy for Williamson not to play any of the remainder of this season.

He's the one player i think could go onto good things (More so than Fas IMO) and I think we'd lose him in the summer if he hits the ground running.

This probably makes me a bad person, but a small part of me would be happy for Williamson not to play any of the remainder of this season.

He's the one player i think could go onto good things (More so than Fas IMO) and I think we'd lose him in the summer if he hits the ground running.