Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Less fans doesn't mean less resources though. Teams finishing in the championship last season would have had significantly higher prize money I would imagine??

yeh winning league 1 only give you £100,000 whereas most championship teams would get around £50,000 more and St Mirren would have received their second parachute payment of £250,000

Less fans doesn't mean less resources though. Teams finishing in the championship last season would have had significantly higher prize money I would imagine??

This is very true, but similarly it's been that way for years and every other team has attained more points having came up as champions bar the three listed earlier.

38 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

£250k? ...and still skimping on staff wages.

yeh between that and £300k and the season before they got somewhere between £750k and £500K. Dundee Unt obviously got their larger payment for this season

On 14/02/2017 at 22:28, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I can't be bothered checking it up when I know you'll have an club anorak like me kicking about with an immediate answer, how many penalties have you lot missed this season?

Doesn't look like you got a definitive answer so here goes my attempt at remembering:

Miss v Morton (Moffat), Miss x 3 v Dundee Utd (Reilly, Clark, McMullan), Miss x 2 v Ayr (both Higginbotham), Miss x 3 v Hamilton (shoot-out; McCabe, Paton, Reilly) makes 9 misses.

Scored v Hibs (Higginbotham), Scored v Buckie Thistle (Paton), Scored v Falkirk (McCabe) makes 3 scored. 

We also missed our fair share last season, including Moffat missing v Forfar (for his hat-trick) and it being retaken for infringement then being missed again by the same player, and Cardle missing v Forfar (for his hat-trick) but then scoring later on from open play.

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Doesn't look like you got a definitive answer so here goes my attempt at remembering:

Miss v Morton (Moffat), Miss x 3 v Dundee Utd (Reilly, Clark, McMullan), Miss x 2 v Ayr (both Higginbotham), Miss x 3 v Hamilton (shoot-out; McCabe, Paton, Reilly) makes 9 misses.

Scored v Hibs (Higginbotham), Scored v Buckie Thistle (Paton), Scored v Falkirk (McCabe) makes 3 scored. 

We also missed our fair share last season, including Moffat missing v Forfar (for his hat-trick) and it being retaken for infringement then being missed again by the same player, and Cardle missing v Forfar (for his hat-trick) but then scoring later on from open play.

Cheers mate, the Moff missed against us on the opening day though ;)

Hello!

Im currently doing my dissertation in the last year of my uni degree. It focuses on the link between marketing communication and participation levels at the pars foundation football classes. 

If anyone on here has experience of sending their kids to classes ran by the pars foundation i would appreciate your feedback to help my research.

Once i have received and analysed the research the information and conclusions will be presented back to the club. 

Survey : https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/53C752N

Thanks in advance 

Daniel 

Yet another big win for the u20s yesterday (against St Mirren). Is there something in Reilly's loan terms that stops him playing for the u20s? When Moffat dropped out of the team he started rattling in goals for the u20s, making it impossible for AJ to ignore him. Hawk's appearances on here make it fun to have a pop at Reilly but if he only gets a few minutes here and there and doesn't play in the u20s it's hard to see how he'd get the chance to improve his situation. Clark and Moffat are a decent pairing but the goals from them have been scarce. They could get into a comfort zone if Reilly is too rusty to genuinley pressurise their place in the team and Hopkirk doesn't start regardless of how many U20s goals he scores. 

On 19 February 2017 at 14:21, forzapars said:

Any one of us on here know the length of all the current players' contracts (1 year, 2 year)?

Many of our players signed two year deals at the start of this season, but I'm not sure who. 

No one was on a longer deal as far as I know 

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I think Reilly played in a couple of U20s games a month or so back when he was getting back from injury (don't think he scored........)

Edit:

He did score against Celtic :o

He's maybe still in shock? 

35 minutes ago, P475 said:

Many of our players signed two year deals at the start of this season, but I'm not sure who. 

No one was on a longer deal as far as I know 

2 years definitely the longest (I think most were 1 year). I'm sure Murdoch, Williamson, Hopkirk, Nicky Clark, AJ and Sandy Clark are 2 years.