Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

6/10 simply because if we stay up, it's more than I thought at the start.
A season of frustration and missed opportunity. AJ had better strengthen us in the summer and work on a plan B because if not, we'll stay in mid table limbo.

We need a large turnover of players, hutton, Reilly, BRE, Williamson, Fordyce, Moffat, Geggan, McCabe, cardle, Paton, Clark aren't first team quality for a top four place if that's what we are going for.

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Moving from United to Aberdeen is not a signal that you've had a poor season, disgraceful that he never just played with a fucked achilles too. :blink:

He makes the odd blunder that will get severely punished at the top level. Just my opinion. Would still love him to stay though.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

He makes the odd blunder that will get severely punished at the top level. Just my opinion. Would still love him to stay though.

But you said his time at United and Aberdeen meant he was not good enough for the top level, that is plainly untrue.

If anything, signing for us is better evidence that he's not good enough for the Premiership.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

We need a large turnover of players, hutton, Reilly, BRE, Williamson, Fordyce, Moffat, Geggan, McCabe, cardle, Paton, Clark aren't first team quality for a top four place if that's what we are going for.

FINALLY!

Why the f**k is Clark in that list? :blink:

I thought our defense looked really good with Geggan and Fordyce and that the latter was dropped unfairly? :blink:

Only two of the players listed in your "not first team quality" list are actually first team players btw.

Just now, TheMessiah said:

FINALLY!

Why the f**k is Clark in that list? :blink:

I thought our defense looked really good with Geggan and Fordyce and that the latter was dropped unfairly? :blink:

Only two of the players listed in your "not first team quality" list are actually first team players btw.

Clark just seems disinterested lately, he's missed some crucial chances since the hibs away game. We need every player to be right up for it. Our defence looked solid with Geggan and Fordyce, compared to the disaster at the start of the season. If we are pushing for top four we need better players and need to have a squad with several like for like replacements.

We have a great 1-11 but no cover at all. I think this is why we don't see many subs. Cardle is decent but pulls the team out of position and isn't direct enough. Paton is a good footballer, too slow for a wide player. No other real game changers and the decision to sign up lots of players early last season was a mistake looking back.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Clark just seems disinterested lately, he's missed some crucial chances since the hibs away game. We need every player to be right up for it. Our defence looked solid with Geggan and Fordyce, compared to the disaster at the start of the season. If we are pushing for top four we need better players and need to have a squad with several like for like replacements.

We have a great 1-11 but no cover at all. I think this is why we don't see many subs. Cardle is decent but pulls the team out of position and isn't direct enough. Paton is a good footballer, too slow for a wide player. No other real game changers and the decision to sign up lots of players early last season was a mistake looking back.

He's the 3rd top scorer in the league, if you think we could improve on Clark you are delusional (with the exception of the morrocan magician of course)

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Criticise Clark for his missed chances all you want but to say he's looked disinterested or lazy is just utter bollocks. 

It's the standard type of pish morons usually come out with (see also 'no fight' and 'no passion')

On 13/04/2017 at 21:49, Poet of the Macabre said:

Talbot is pretty much Austin McCann to me. You think he should be fucking terrible but he gives you pretty much 7/10 every week.

I think he's been brilliant for us. At the start of the season you could see he was getting caught out constantly and getting done for pace, but it looks as if he's developed his game to accommodate his lack of pace. Hopefully he signs on for another season or two. Arguably our most consistent performer along with Sean Murdoch.