Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Hopefully Dundee's next manager will want to offload the magical Fez back to us. It would be too horrible for words to see him playing for Dundee in the Championship and big Nat or BRE having to snap him in half.

Looking forward to next season (providing we avoid relegation via the playoffs) as we're not miles away from being able to realistically look at bagging 4th place. A bit more quality up front, some help in the middle for Nat and we could squeeze out the extra 3 or 4 points per quarter that we'd need to move us up away from the jobbers.

Morton are going to finish in the top four and they've only won 13 league games all season. We've won 10 and I can easily think of a handful of matches we should have won easily but ended up drawing. 

We've not been great whatsoever this season and it still wouldn't have taken much for us to be in the argument for the play-offs. We'll be one of several clubs next year who'll think they have a shot at title/play-offs.

really was worried at the start of the season of us coming straight back down so I'm happy with 5th but we could still sneak into the play offs and the extra money that generates overall I would say 7/10 for our first season back, would doubt it will be as tight a league next year but I hope we can be looking at the top with a few new signing and ill be happy

We have drawn too many games we should have won. Dundee United at home, Hibs away, Ayr at home all spring to mind. We could have been in with a very good shout of a promotion play-off place going into these last few games hadn't we dropped those extra points. 

A bit more quality in every area of the park for next season and we should be in with a good shout at finishing top 4 imo. Hopefully AJ can replicate what McIntyre did and improve us every year (let's not count the SPL season (lol)). If the ultimate is achieved sooner, great. If the football being played is of similar standard to those years, even better. Watched us play some of the best football I've seen at this club from 2009-2011. 

Definitely need more quality in midfield and up front going into next season, as well as a lot more strength in depth. Wouldn't be overly concerned going into next season with the same back 4 but would ideally like to see us with a better first choice Right-Back, although I would be genuinely gutted to see Geggan lose his place in the team, regardless of position.

ETA: Fun fact, Geggan has now played more league games for us than any other team in his career.

Edited by TheMessiah

As I've said on another thread, I think all our 'normal' starting 11 have done enough to warrant a contract for next year (whether we can keep them all is another matter!)

From the rest, I'd keep McCabe, Cardle, Martin and Williamson.

That leaves Hutton, BRE, Fordyce, Paton, Spence, Hopkirk, Reilly all free to go. That should give us plenty scope to strengthen - at least a right-back, centre-mid and 2 strikers.

Based on this year, there's no reason we shouldn't be aiming for at least the playoffs - we've not been brilliant this year, but are mathematically still in with a shout for the playoffs with 3 games left. With the right signings, we should be there or thereabouts next season.

Ashcroft is slightly better than CM anyway, but both are good players at this level. Fordyce a good defender to have on the bench but I wouldn't blame him for wanting to find first team football.

2 hours ago, Tactical Bob36 said:

Looking for a little information guys, I'm interested in buying this seasons kit but haven't got the money.

How long does the club shop hold onto the full kit after the season has finished?

I think it's on sale just now with some kind of discount but I would imagine it will still be there into July when the new kit comes out. 

21 minutes ago, Tactical Bob36 said:

Thank you, I'll keep my eye on it but it'll be towards July that I can get it

Pretty sure that last year, the only home kits left were S & XL at the end of the season discount rates. There were plenty away tops left, as well as shorts and socks.