The Newsroom

NathanQP

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idiot.

I've been waiting for this to come on for a while rather than download it as I was a big fan of Studio 60 on Sunset strip, hopefully the writing will be just as good.

Yeah, i'm defo a Studio 60 fanboy :D

Idiot.

I've been waiting for this to come on for a while rather than download it as I was a big fan of Studio 60 on Sunset strip, hopefully the writing will be just as good.

Studio 60 was fantastic - the episodes with John Goodman were outstanding.

It was acceptable, nowhere near WW quality but a step up from the excerable S60.

There are some odd things going on, Sam Waterston is dreadful and the fianl twist when the lift doors close essentially make a mockery of the previous 70 minutes seemingly just to make the Jeff Daniels character likeable.

• 2 weeks later...

After the first 5 minutes of Episode 3, I'm out - Emily Mortimer cant act for toffee and Sorkin is once more allowing his politicol views to cloud his storytelling.

I quite enjoyed it tbh. Especially the first 5 minutes with his rant. I kind of feel like Sorkin is kind of venting is opinion of America right now through the protagonists and Anatagonists Will and Mackenzie. That at one time he was happy with the way things were in America, however as soon as the split up they become two different people. McAvoy's rant was probably his perfect way of summing it up and saying there is a problem. No.1 for the most adults that believe in fairies :lol: He's incredibly cynical, thinks his audience are stupid, believes that both the parties are fucked up in their own ways and that everything is about self-interest, a bit that I find a little hypocritical in his character. Mackenzie, the person that still sees the best in things and wants to believe that even though things in the country are fucked up that it can be repaired again. The whole way they went from the BP oil spill to McAvoy destroying the MMS was cracking for me to watch. What I will say that quote from the guy in charge was hilarious as it came from nowhere. 'I'm a marine son and I'll kick your ass! I don't care how many protein bars you eat!'

Also, did anyone else notice how much the opening credits looked like the ones from The West Wing?...

I'm enjoying it so far. Couldn't give a f**k about any message the creator is trying to send out to be honest. It's a fun hour to spend.

My thoughts too. I liked it, the rant at the start was fantastic and it has potential. Couldn't care about any political message or thoughts that are being aimed at me.

Archived