The Newsroom

NathanQP

Idiot.

I've been waiting for this to come on for a while rather than download it as I was a big fan of Studio 60 on Sunset strip, hopefully the writing will be just as good.

I missed Studio 60 first time round, so after you mentioning it I started to download. Had really liked Sportsnight which came before and this is in the same vein, watched first 5 eps last night and will plough through the rest over the weekend hopefully.

Will leave the Newsroom 'til nearer the end of the run and watch a rake at a time.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1340801731[/url]' post='6378698']

New HBO show The Newsroom debuts soon on Sky Atlantic and has already debuted in America

Thoughts?

It's shit, the tailer promises so much but it's soon lost in formalic US guff, it's the ultimate irony a show about anti pop tv which relays on the usual pop tv shit.

I watched the first episode and then the second to make sure I wasn't missing something. This is the worst TV show I have seen in a while. I really can't comment on the acting because the script was just awful. I haven't watched West Wing and I don't think I have watched anything else by that Sarkin guy, and I won't be in the future. It's beyond me how anyone can think this is good.

• 5 months later...

It's outstanding. Oh, and drs is a fanny.

and you are a c**t, but whats your point caller?

I watched the first episode and then the second to make sure I wasn't missing something. This is the worst TV show I have seen in a while. I really can't comment on the acting because the script was just awful. I haven't watched West Wing and I don't think I have watched anything else by that Sarkin guy, and I won't be in the future. It's beyond me how anyone can think this is good.

Jesus I dread to think what kind of shit you enjoy watching.

I got through the Newsroom in about 4 days - can't wait for the second series (which I think is out this summer).

I missed the West Wing at the time but a good friend nagged me till I finally gave in and watched the box set. I'm so glad he did it was genuinely one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Bartlett 2016!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got up on the first two episodes of the new season last night, I'm enjoying it.

The Genoa stuff is pretty interesting as is Will's change in his approach (ie him caring about the hate stuff).

Looking forward to more of the season.

Just got up on the first two episodes of the new season last night, I'm enjoying it.

The Genoa stuff is pretty interesting as is Will's change in his approach (ie him caring about the hate stuff).

Looking forward to more of the season.

Me too, watched the first two episodes on Saturday night. Looking good.

I love the first season of this, then i made the stupid decision to finally start watching The West Wing for the first time. Now this just seems like a poor imitation of it, yet i can't stop watching it.

It seems there's a lot of people who have huge problems with the show who still watch it regardless, and not in a watching it to see how bad it is kind of way.

It must be doing something right for it to have people who absolutely love it, and people who don't enjoy it still watching it.

• 3 months later...

Loved the Season 2 finale, with everything happening on election night. It looks as if Sorkin was not expecting to do another Season as all the stories and relationships were conveniently tied up however he has set up a lot of new scenarios to get his teeth into. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Sloan/Don situation develops and the Will/Mac wedding should be more than interesting.

• 2 months later...

Archived