Should Hibs bid for the UEFA SuperCup?

To be fair, he was saying that it will hold Hearts back at some unspecified point in the future as opposed to saying that it was "crippling" the club at the moment.

Having a bigger turnover than Hibs or Aberdeen doesn't necessarily mean that we're not being held back. As the most frequent advocate of the "Hearts are massively more huge than Hibs" school of thought I'd have expected you to get that.

More to the point the expense of replacing the old stand will present a challenge at some point in the not too distant future. I expect that will probably be next on the Agenda for the Foundation after we've finished paying the bill for saving the club.

Thanks. :)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol wut

Utter fantasy stuff. :lol:

Aberdeen had their most successful season for a generation last year and barely scraped selling 10,000 season tickets for 2014-15.

Hearts' hospitality has been sold out near enough every single game this season. The corporate facilities in the Gorgie Stand are more than adequate.

I don't disagree that the current Main Stand needs to go, but let's not kid on that it's somehow crippling the club. Our turnover continues to be bigger than Hibs'.

Hearts could and should be making a lot more from hospitality and the corporate side of things.

The stadium is stopping Hearts maximize potential in many different aspects financially. You may not like to hear that but it's definitely costing the club money annually.

To be fair, he was saying that it will hold Hearts back at some unspecified point in the future as opposed to saying that it was "crippling" the club at the moment.

Having a bigger turnover than Hibs or Aberdeen doesn't necessarily mean that we're not being held back. As the most frequent advocate of the "Hearts are massively more huge than Hibs" school of thought I'd have expected you to get that.

More to the point the expense of replacing the old stand will present a challenge at some point in the not too distant future. I expect that will probably be next on the Agenda for the Foundation after we've finished paying the bill for saving the club.

This is what I meant. Well done TC.

Hearts could and should be making a lot more from hospitality and the corporate side of things.

The stadium is stopping Hearts maximize potential in many different aspects financially. You may not like to hear that but it's definitely costing the club money annually.

Erm, the stadium isn't. The Main Stand is. Either it will go over the next five-ten years or we will have to build a new stadium.

As an Aberdeen fan, I've always regarded Hearts and Hibs as equally 'big'.

Not as big as us.

I think any possibility of this being an argument has went flying out the window given we're averaging considerably more than you in the second tier and you're meant to be challenging for the Premiership title.

See idiot football fans who chat shit about maximizing revenue through corporate facilities and all the rest of it, just shut the f**k up. :lol: You go to the game in your shit stained grey adidas jogging bottoms and you work as a postman. You wouldn't have the first fucking clue about this stuff.

See idiot football fans who chat shit about maximizing revenue through corporate facilities and all the rest of it, just shut the f**k up. :lol: You go to the game in your shit stained grey adidas jogging bottoms and you work as a postman. You wouldn't have the first fucking clue about this stuff.

:lol:

Such an angry fellow at times, chill oot ma man.

Archived