Should Hibs bid for the UEFA SuperCup?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite admirable seeing Hibees defending ER. Despite almost every neutral fan saying they prefer Tynie. But they're not bothered about that apparently.

The thing is, I think Easter Road is a good stadium, as do most other away supporters. For some reason though, most Hibs fans are so bitter towards Tynecastle, despite the fact that most away supporters like it as well.

The thing is, I think Easter Road is a good stadium, as do most other away supporters. For some reason though, most Hibs fans are so bitter towards Tynecastle, despite the fact that most away supporters like it as well.

What bitterness? :lol:

This is a thread about ER and the Jambos are tripping over themselves to tell us away fans like Tynie better.

It's a newer stadium that UEFA would no doubt prefer, obviously because it's newer and meets criteria standard. However, there's so much more to a stadium that defines how "good" it is.

The ironic thing is that it'll be Tynie that holds them back in coming years.

Will it f**k. :lol:

Look at Aberdeen and Dundee United for starters and Tynecastle is a superior ground to both Pittodrie and Tannadice.

Pittodrie is bigger.

An utter irrelevance.

Especially when a) we're talking a difference of 2,000-3,000 seats and b) Hearts continually wipe the floor with Aberdeen's average attendances.

An utter irrelevance.

Especially when a) we're talking a difference of 2,000-3,000 seats and b) Hearts continually wipe the floor with Aberdeen's average attendances.

3,000 more supporters at £400 a season ticket is well over £1m more p/a they could make more than hearts. Then you take into consideration the shitey corporate facilities the club have and provide also and the money Hearts have to pay in able for them to get a safety certificate each year on the dump of a main stand you can't really say the nice old stadium isn't holding the club back.

Did you support Falkirk in a former life?

lol wut

3,000 more supporters at £400 a season ticket is well over £1m more p/a they could make more than hearts.

Utter fantasy stuff. :lol:

Aberdeen had their most successful season for a generation last year and barely scraped selling 10,000 season tickets for 2014-15.

Then you take into consideration the shitey corporate facilities the club have and provide also and the money Hearts have to pay in able for them to get a safety certificate each year on the dump of a main stand you can't really say the nice old stadium isn't holding the club back.

Hearts' hospitality has been sold out near enough every single game this season. The corporate facilities in the Gorgie Stand are more than adequate.

I don't disagree that the current Main Stand needs to go, but let's not kid on that it's somehow crippling the club. Our turnover continues to be bigger than Hibs'.

3,000 more supporters at £400 a season ticket is well over £1m more p/a they could make more than hearts. Then you take into consideration the shitey corporate facilities the club have and provide also and the money Hearts have to pay in able for them to get a safety certificate each year on the dump of a main stand you can't really say the nice old stadium isn't holding the club back.

:lol:

lol wut

Utter fantasy stuff. :lol:

Aberdeen had their most successful season for a generation last year and barely scraped selling 10,000 season tickets for 2014-15.

Hearts' hospitality has been sold out near enough every single game this season. The corporate facilities in the Gorgie Stand are more than adequate.

I don't disagree that the current Main Stand needs to go, but let's not kid on that it's somehow crippling the club. Our turnover continues to be bigger than Hibs'.

To be fair, he was saying that it will hold Hearts back at some unspecified point in the future as opposed to saying that it was "crippling" the club at the moment.

Having a bigger turnover than Hibs or Aberdeen doesn't necessarily mean that we're not being held back. As the most frequent advocate of the "Hearts are massively more huge than Hibs" school of thought I'd have expected you to get that.

More to the point the expense of replacing the old stand will present a challenge at some point in the not too distant future. I expect that will probably be next on the Agenda for the Foundation after we've finished paying the bill for saving the club.

As the most frequent advocate of the "Hearts are massively more huge than Hibs" school of thought I'd have expected you to get that.

I've never advocated that we're "massively more huge than Hibs". Hearts are a slightly bigger club, but there's hardly a mammoth difference.

Archived