ambulances

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha never seen this before, funny stuff.

to add, i have seen an ambulance the last 3 nights going to work at the same place roughly around the same time. Albert Bartletts roundabout between Airdrie n Cumbernauld. Around 10:30, coming from Cnauld to Airdrie. Lights, no sirens. Weird tbh.

Last orders at the Rawyards Chippie.

On the day my wife's dad was rushed into hospital he told the family how much he hates ambulances and hospitals. The poor old sod was in the western general every week for cancer treatment. HE told the family he didn't want to hear the siren when the ambulance would eventually need to come for him as the noise genuinely scared him for some reason.

On the day my wife's dad was rushed into hospital he told the family how much he hates ambulances and hospitals. The poor old sod was in the western general every week for cancer treatment. HE told the family he didn't want to hear the siren when the ambulance would eventually need to come for him as the noise genuinely scared him for some reason.

Did you not resign? :blink:

What a belter of a thread. Thanks for bumping, Gaz, I missed it first time around.

He resigned after this thread the first time. Did he resign again last night? He was in proper Michael Douglas Falling Down mode last night. Think half his posts got removed.

The posts deserved to get removed, il admit I was out of order. Think I need to man up and stop taking things so seriously.

The posts deserved to get removed, il admit I was out of order. Think I need to man up and stop taking things so seriously.

Indeed! :lol:

What did you do that deserved a warning though? Surely your godawful "yer maw" type patter didn't merit a warning?

Some drivers tend to panic big time when they hear / see an emergency vehicle, like slam on the brakes and sit in the middle of a busy junction like a frightened rabbit.

Best to put the boot down and get the f**k out the way.... imo.

then follow in behind and hope they are going your way :D

You are a compulsive liar and you need help.

Reading this for the first time.

How did this thread develop into a shithole. Somebody said sometimes ambulances don't use sirens for specific calls, he gets backed up by someone who asked their dad but it still turns into a massive argument and some sort of resignation drama. blink.gif

Were the lights at green? Were they being held up by slower moving traffic?

There are also cases where the siren may cause distress to the patient and so aren't used (that came from my dad who used to be an ambulanceman),

Archived