Last Book You Read....

H_B

I finally finished London Fields by Martin Amis, despite enjoying the first part of it it became a bit tiresome and felt a bit of a trial by the end. I guess I'm not wordy enough, it felt like every sentence was meant to be a masterpiece in itself.

It's about a femme fatale or "murderee" who ventures into a fairly underclass world of petty criminals, booze and darts to entice a couple of men to fawn over her, anticipating that one will eventually murder her, which for some reason that is never that clear she desires (there's a lot about the "death of love" which is fairly central to the various characters' lives). The book was criticized for mysogyny and I can see why, I guess it is meant to be a look at the male psyche where women, sex, romance and love are concerned, but if so it proved generally a depressing read overall.

Now finished Hiaasen's "Native Tongue". Thought that it was really enjoyable, another 9/10. His books are all on a similar theme so far, but they're so well written that it doesn't bother you much.

Next, I'm going to read "A Snowball In Hell" by Chhristopher Bhrookmyre. I hope that he offers an explanation for his theam's shameful lack of dignity. :o

Last book I read was Pet Sematary. Took a while to get going but it was an enjoyable read. Want to swatch the film now. people have told me that PS was one of king's worst novels so will have a read of salems Lot next which has been recommended to me.

Currently on my 7th Lee Child thriller, Without Fail.

Alex Gray - Glasgow Kiss

She does for Glasgow what Rankin's done for Edinburgh.

Child abduction, sexual abuse allegations against a teacher and some murder thrown in as well! Good page-turning stuff! ;)

Actually not American.

It was titled Pet Sematary as there is a part in the book/film where a child mis-spells Cemetery.

Straight forward as that.

:o Corrected by a burd up the duff - will my humiliation never end? :(

Just kidding, Haitch! ;)

Last book I read was Pet Sematary. Took a while to get going but it was an enjoyable read. Want to swatch the film now. people have told me that PS was one of king's worst novels so will have a read of salems Lot next which has been recommended to me.

The Stand is probably his best one, The Running Man which he wrote as Richard Bachman is also quite good and a lot better than the film version.

The Stand is probably his best one,

Without question, although closely followed by 'It'.

'It' is one of the few books that years after I've read it, I can still name all the main protagonists, such was the strength of the characterisation.

Without question, although closely followed by 'It'.

'It' is one of the few books that years after I've read it, I can still name all the main protagonists, such was the strength of the characterisation.

I wanted to do 'It' for my personal study in 5th year a few year back. Only to be told 'Stephen King novels lack depth'. What shite!