P&B subcrawl

You sound like more of an Old Govan Arms man.

You take your life in your hands going by there after a Rangers game. I mind one year Celtic won the league and there was a guy on the middle on the roundabout outside it with a massive tricolour giving it big licks to all the Rangers buses and cars going by

We used to stop for two or three at the Ibrox stop in the days when it was the Stadium Bar, as it had a pool table, and we often had a wee competition or a game of killer. Watched Germany v Argentina in the WC there a couple of years ago. In the early days, I would use this opportunity to grab a few fly vodkas, something that was to have certain ramifications later in the day...

The Stadium Bar was great, had no idea it was gone last time I did a subcrawl and did not enjoy the experience of finding myself in a major bigot hole instead.

As for drinks, I usually do pints in the first three or four pubs then spirits for the rest of the day. One of the unofficial rules is that you're supposed to have a different kind of drink at every stop, but I've genuinely never seen someone manage this without spewing and bailing out before the end.

Including St. George's Cross, eh? The Better Together campaign gets more desperate by the day.

Your attempt to portray the indepence-favouring Scots on P&B as drunks who cannot govern themselves by leading them on a lengthy pub crawl before uploading the photographic evidence to England Calling is painfully transparent OP.

:P

Still, this sounds fun. Wish i was there.

Trying to do a wee roll call here, get a taste of the numbers. I make it..

Nizzy

Me and my mate

Sammy

Keith

Thundermonkey

LM

Dunning

Gordie Boy

Dundee Barry

Knightswood Bear

djchapsticks

SLJ

Sweet Pete

Dom Dom?

Anyone else I've missed? Have Salty and Marrez expressed an interest? Monster?

I won't be coming down for it. Would love to, and when it was first suggested I was game, but I've got a few things on toward the end of the month that I'll have to keep the finances in check for.

Good luck, lads and lasses. Have fun, and somebody look after Nizzy for me.

You take your life in your hands going by there after a Rangers game. I mind one year Celtic won the league and there was a guy on the middle on the roundabout outside it with a massive tricolour giving it big licks to all the Rangers buses and cars going by

I drove past there last season whilst Celtic's attempted title win at Ibrox was in progress and said flag was draped over either the wall behind the pub or the signage on the roundabout (can't remember which). It was emblazoned with 'CESSNOCK EMERALD CSC' or something similar.

Back on topic, I'd definitely echo the sentiments of those recommending NOT going to the Old Govan Arms. :P

I won't be coming down for it. Would love to, and when it was first suggested I was game, but I've got a few things on toward the end of the month that I'll have to keep the finances in check for.

Good luck, lads and lasses. Have fun, and somebody look after Nizzy for me.

I can barely look after myself, never mind any c**t else laugh.gif

Bad news for young Addie.

Magee has shat out of coming to this on Saturday, citing one of the reasons for his non appearance as being down to 'that fud Keith banning me'.

Fucking hell!

laugh.gif

Note for anyone coming through on train, Scotrail have a 1/3rd off if you buy in advance. My link

In case anyone want's to save enough money for another pint wink.gif

Bad news for young Addie.

Magee has shat out of coming to this on Saturday, citing one of the reasons for his non appearance as being down to 'that fud Keith banning me'.

Fucking hell!

:lol:

Tremendous!

You really must talk him into going, Stewart, it'd make for a cracking slagging.