Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

Give me a song title which you don't title unimaginative and boring.

The Shock of the Lightning

Champagne Supernova

Morning Glory

Supersonic

Stay Young

Eyeball Tickler

columbia

Keep the dream alive

The Swampsong

Shakermaker

The Hindu Times

Wonderwall

The Masterplan

Any particular reason why every Oasis song title is a pathetic, cheesed up mess?

Good point, what would you suggest they were called?

Sits back and waits for unimaginitive reply: Status Quo cover, Slade Cover, Beatles ripoff #246...

Unimaginative - maybe.

Boring - no.

If they weren't boring, why were they unable to come with many decent songtitles? Did all of the titles come from lyrics within the songs? They must have been pretty dreadful lyricists if the answer is yes.

If they weren't boring, why were they unable to come with many decent songtitles? Did all of the titles come from lyrics within the songs? They must have been pretty dreadful lyricists if the answer is yes.

Why are you called dane-don on here? Seems pretty unimaginative and self explanatory.

The Sorbet Making Unicyclist would've been better.

You're clearly a massive Radiohead fan. Not that the song title matters in any way but in terms of Oasis I've always liked:

The Importance of Being Idle

Guess God Thinks I'm Abel (word play and everything!)

Headshrinker

Mucky Fingers

Champagne Supernova

Eyeball Tickler

Round Are Way

f**k... I could go on. There's plenty of cheese in there as well but of all the things to slag Oasis for, song titles is pretty weak imo.

Why are you called dane-don on here? Seems pretty unimaginative and self explanatory.

The Sorbet Making Unicyclist would've been better.

There's nothing wrong with self explanatory.

Are most of Oasis' song titles self explanatory? Did they really write songs about talking to brick walls and stopping clocks? Seems like a pretty dreadful thing to write a song about tbh.

What about tickling eyeballs? That sounds like an interesting song.

There's nothing wrong with self explanatory.

Are most of Oasis' song titles self explanatory? Did they really write songs about talking to brick walls and stopping clocks? Seems like a pretty dreadful thing to write a song about tbh.

What about tickling eyeballs? That sounds like an interesting song.

You are a terrible troll.

You are a terrible troll.

The classic idiot's response.

I mean, what have I actually said, that even begins to constitute trolling? I'm asking questions about a band I've never consciously decided to listen to. Definitely prime grounds for trolling there. rolleyes.gif

The classic idiot's response.

I mean, what have I actually said, that even begins to constitute trolling? I'm asking questions about a band I've never consciously decided to listen to. Definitely prime grounds for trolling there. rolleyes.gif

You're making negative statements and sweeping generalisations about a band you have never conciously listenned to.... Troll.

You're making negative statements and sweeping generalisations about a band you have never conciously listenned to.... Troll.

I haven't made one negative statement about this bands music actually. All I've done is point out the fact that several of their song titles are dreadful - which they are - and asked the very valid question "why?". None of you have been able to tell me why. Probably because the answer would involve admitting a flaw in this band. Instead you've floundered off in a huff with your fingers in your ears screaming "TROLL, TROLL, STOP TROLLING mad.gif". Classic fanboy behaviour.

I'd still say Oasis are a stick-on for the most inevitable reunion in the history of popular music. One more album from both groups before we top up the Gallagher's pensions.

After seeing Liam at that closing ceremony...I think Noel will be like thanks but no thanks Liam your voice is done!!

Its pretty amazing when you look at noel as a singer in the mid 90s he could not sing wereas now his voice is really powerful and good! Liam seems to be going the opposite way but was always a big ask with his type of voice to not expect it to knacker with age...

1345655282[/url]' post='6553582']

I haven't made one negative statement about this bands music actually. All I've done is point out the fact that several of their song titles are dreadful - which they are - and asked the very valid question "why?". None of you have been able to tell me why. Probably because the answer would involve admitting a flaw in this band. Instead you've floundered off in a huff with your fingers in your ears screaming "TROLL, TROLL, STOP TROLLING mad.gif". Classic fanboy behaviour.

I didn't say you had made any negative statements about the music.

You were however making generalisations about song titles when you hadn't listened to the song. So how can you possibly comment if you don't know how the title fits the lyrics?

Have a read at my initial post describing their career. Would you say I consider them to be flawless?