Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

I didn't say you had made any negative statements about the music.

You were however making generalisations about song titles when you hadn't listened to the song. So how can you possibly comment if you don't know how the title fits the lyrics?

Have a read at my initial post describing their career. Would you say I consider them to be flawless?

Were have I done this? Point to these generalisations I've made.

I don't have to listen to a song to know it's title is dreadful and not enticing. Do you need to eat a ham & shite roll to be able to say it sounds disgusting? I haven't made any comments about the songs the titles represent. I've asked you tell me how these awful, awful titles relate to the lyrics. Several times. None of you have done so. So it looks like the answer is either a) these awful titles don't fit the songs, they were just incredibly unimaginative and boring b) no, no they genuinely did write songs about stopping clocks and talking to brick walls.

Were have I done this? Point to these generalisations I've made.

I don't have to listen to a song to know it's title is dreadful and not enticing. Do you need to eat a ham & shite roll to be able to say it sounds disgusting? I haven't made any comments about the songs the titles represent. I've asked you tell me how these awful, awful titles relate to the lyrics. Several times. None of you have done so. So it looks like the answer is either a) these awful titles don't fit the songs, they were just incredibly unimaginative and boring b) no, no they genuinely did write songs about stopping clocks and talking to brick walls.

i take it you are aware that, when writing a song, it's very common to use a metaphor to describe something?

D'yer Wanna be a spaceman: a song about looking back to your childhood and the things that you wanted to be that are in reality, not achievable.

It's Gettin' Better (Man!!): reading into the lyrics, it most probably relates to the daily grind of the 9 to 5 and that your imagination, and the weekend, let you escape that. i.e. it's getting better, it's not all bad...

Listen Up: as in, listen to me, shouting at you that whilst i'm sitting here in this shitty job, i've got dreams of getting out of here and making my own life.

there's a couple to get you started... it's quite easy to work out the metaphor in a song, by reading the lyrics. of course, if you weren't a troll you would look into these things, instead of making sweeping statements.

Edited by dave.j

• 4 weeks later...

After seeing Liam at that closing ceremony...I think Noel will be like thanks but no thanks Liam your voice is done!!

Its pretty amazing when you look at noel as a singer in the mid 90s he could not sing wereas now his voice is really powerful and good! Liam seems to be going the opposite way but was always a big ask with his type of voice to not expect it to knacker with age...

Last night I was watching old oasis stuff from the 90s and couldn't agree more.

Liams problem in modern times came if you caught him on the 2nd of 2 nights, he's far better the 1st night- but still not as good as before.

I remember seeing oasis in Aberdeen around 02 and it was always my fear seeing them that Liam would throw a sicky and not perform (which he did a lot).

On the night Liam started out but gave up after an hour and Noel closed.

On the road down me and my mate both agreed Noel was awesome on his tod and a solo career beckoned.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Was this released anywhere? Noel Gallagher's knack for producing songs like this consistently is something to be admired.

FWIW, I love Oasis and Noel Gallagher. One of my favourite bands of all time and one of my favourite musicians. This thread is top-notch stuff. 8)

Thought this was worthy of a place here. 2 legends together.

Absolute legends, Oasis/N.Gallagher are my favorites ever but The Stone Roses are definitely in my top 5 somewhere...great bands...absolute ned festivals at the gigs though.

Have yet to see the Stone Roses which may be something I live to regret but by youtube and forums alone...maybe thats for the best as Ians voice doesn't seem that powerful or consistent when live.

Noel Gallaghers voice on the other hand....king.gif

Not only did his voice blow me away at the SECC....when he played the Edinburgh Castle gig...I had 3 tickets for the second row from the front but had to sell them to pay for my TITP13 ticket. My home in Edinburgh is about 8 miles from the city centre and in a woodland...but i could hear AKA What a Life getting out my car from all that distance....fucking mental Noel is a total legend.

His interviews are brilliant too, I reckon this is a must-watch for fans of Noel:

• 1 month later...

This never fails to take my breath away. Imagine being there. Just sensational.

Went to their gig at Balloch in '96 the week in between them playing Maine Road and Knebworth. I can honestly say it's the best gig that I've ever been to.

ParkLoch Lomond, UK

Venue info and map

Line-up

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

Went to their gig at Balloch in '96 the week in between them playing Maine Road and Knebworth. I can honestly say it's the best gig that I've ever been to.

ParkLoch Lomond, UK

Venue info and map

Line-up

I think that list might be wrong - I was there on the Sunday and I only remember a band called The Gyres. I'm not sure OCS & Cast BOTH played that day - one of them did, but which I can't remember. I remember TBB's and Black Grape.

I think that list might be wrong - I was there on the Sunday and I only remember a band called The Gyres. I'm not sure OCS & Cast BOTH played that day - one of them did, but which I can't remember. I remember TBB's and Black Grape.

I went to the Sunday as well. You're right about The Gyre's. Don't remember the band Dreadzone so they must have been in place of them., but I'm sure Cast and OCS both played support slots.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure it was:

Dreadzone, Heavy Stereo, Black Grape, Manic Street Preachers on the Saturday.

The Gyres, Cast, Ocean Colour Scene, Bootleg Beatles on the Sunday.

It was originally advertised as a one day event.

I had been in the queue since 10pm starting in Union Street in Glasgow, it worked it's way round gordon street and down mitchell lane to Virgin's back door :o .

i was meant to be working on the saturday in debenhams along the road and didn't get my ticket til around 10 am, no work clothes.... called the work and told them honestly why i wouldn't be in, basically this gig the weekend before my 20th was more important that my saturday job.... kept my job thanks to my honesty!!!

being an OCS fan you can imagine how gutted i was when i got home to find out they had started selling sunday tickets in virgin, as soon as the saturday tickets ran out... the saturday line up is pretty sh!te in comparsion to the sunday!!!

• 4 weeks later...

smile.gif

My favorite song ever....

Because we neeeeeed each other!! We belieeeeeeive in one another...

Catches the best of both brothers....Liams attitude shines through in the verses and Noels highranged vocal owns the the chorus....magic.

Acquiesce

Bring it on Down

Listen Up

Cigarettes and Alcohol

D'yer wanna be a spaceman?

It's Gettin' Better (Man!!)

Stay Young

Supersonic

Champagne Supernova

Live Forever

Find it hard to chose between those songs...all are magnificent.