Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

41 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I wasn't aware of dynamic pricing being used for tickets to events which will obviously sell out almost instantly. That's mental IMO as extremely high demand will be constant.

People (and indeed the Government) should be careful, though, in calling for dynamic pricing in general to be banned. 

Well aye, any 'victory' against the hypercapitalists will be met with the punishment of a higher starting point for bookings.  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Well aye, any 'victory' against the hypercapitalists will be met with the punishment of a higher starting point for bookings.  

I didn't mean strictly event tickets either (nor do I think you do). Package Holidays, Rail and Air fares rely heavily on dynamic pricing, especially advance fares and the budget carriers.

The same people who shout for it to be banned will be the first to bleat about higher prices for the things they take for granted atm.

As for refunds? Lol. No-one made you buy them. The price was right in front of you when you clicked "buy"

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I didn't mean strictly event tickets either (nor do I think you do). Package Holidays, Rail and Air fares rely heavily on dynamic pricing, especially advance fares and the budget carriers.

The same people who shout for it to be banned will be the first to bleat about higher prices for the things they take for granted atm.

As for refunds? Lol. No-one made you buy them. The price was right in front of you when you clicked "buy"

I agree to an extent.

I can understand why say a hotel price doubles/trebles from one day to the next on impact of oasis announcing a gig in that city. I think that’s a material change in demand and you can somewhat justify it (albeit the price normally takes the piss, but I broadly agree that moving price with demand is fair enough). 

I think this is manipulation though. I don’t think they can claim for one second that the demand took them by surprise and they were originally priced wrongly. I think they know fine well that if you set the price at £350 before the sale begins that you actively reduce demand, turning off plenty of people from even bothering.

But after you’ve queued for hours, you’re given a few minutes to decide and if you say no that’s it you’re not going? People are more inclined to pay. I think that’s clearly wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I agree to an extent.

I can understand why say a hotel price doubles/trebles from one day to the next on impact of oasis announcing a gig in that city. I think that’s a material change in demand and you can somewhat justify it (albeit the price normally takes the piss, but I broadly agree that moving price with demand is fair enough). 

I think this is manipulation though. I don’t think they can claim for one second that the demand took them by surprise and they were originally priced wrongly. I think they know fine well that if you set the price at £350 before the sale begins that you actively reduce demand, turning off plenty of people from even bothering.

But after you’ve queued for hours, you’re given a few minutes to decide and if you say no that’s it you’re not going? People are more inclined to pay. I think that’s clearly wrong. 

Even without the likes of gigs hotel prices typically start at a relatively low base level and increase as more rooms are booked on that date. Same with air fares. The entire model of thise industries is based around and relies on it.

That's what I mean when I say people should be careful what they ask for.

I do think it takes the piss to have dynamic pricing for event tickets, however, but I also don't see how you can ban one company from making use of it whilst allowing others to carry on as normal. Im inclined to say it's up to the artist to decide whether or not to use it and the consumer to decide where the line is.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Even without the likes of gigs hotel prices typically start at a relatively low base level and increase as more rooms are booked on that date. Same with air fares. The entire model of thise industries is based around and relies on it.

That's what I mean when I say people should be careful what they ask for.

I do think it takes the piss to have dynamic pricing for event tickets, however, but I also don't see how you can ban one company from making use of it whilst allowing others to carry on as normal. Im inclined to say it's up to the artist to decide whether or not to use it and the consumer to decide where the line is.

I think there’s a difference though. Hotels are shifting prices when there’s a clear change in demand, in this case they’ve just changed the price during the course of a  huge queue. You wouldn’t accept this if you physically stood in line for 5 hours. 

“sorry mate, turns out this was quite popular, so the price when you joined the queue 5 hours ago has now trebled”. 

It’s a clear nonsense. 

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think there’s a difference though. Hotels are shifting prices when there’s a clear change in demand, in this case they’ve just changed the price during the course of a  huge queue. You wouldn’t accept this if you physically stood in line for 5 hours. 

“sorry mate, turns out this was quite popular, so the price when you joined the queue 5 hours ago has now trebled”. 

It’s a clear nonsense. 

Agreed, but it looks like this is a practice that can/has been used in the past, and is only getting attention now because Oasis have, in hindsight probably to the surprise of no-one, taken the piss by having it in place.

I didn't know dynamic pricing for events was a thing, nor can I see why it needs to be, but I do also think "ban dynamic pricing" is a slippery slope that would be best not to start going down.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Agreed, but it looks like this is a practice that can/has been used in the past, and is only getting attention now because Oasis have, in hindsight probably to the surprise of no-one, taken the piss by having it in place.

I didn't know dynamic pricing for events was a thing, nor can I see why it needs to be, but I do also think "ban dynamic pricing" is a slippery slope that would be best not to start going down.

You don’t need to ban it though, it just needs regulated so that they can be held accountable when they take the piss. You need to demonstrate that pricing has moved based on move in demand. 

Im just throwing out numbers here, but it wouldn’t be too difficult to say - if you have 1m tickets to sell, and your pre sale ballot gets 10m applications, then it’s clear demand way outstrips supply before you’ve started your general sale. Therefore you can’t justify a lower headline price which you inflate halfway through a sale. 

Just had my wallet lightened to the tune of $216 for Nick Cave tickets for next April. $160 of that was the tickets with $37 going to Ticketmaster, without dynamic pricing being involved. 

Edited by carpetmonster

8 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think this is the first time they've tried it outside the US, could be wrong. What was definitely lacking was warning people what they were doing, in clear terms.

I saw someone talking about annoyance about the gigs potentially being full of young lassies only there to see Wonderwall. One guy on an Oasis forum said when he got tickets his daughter had asked him if Oasis fans would exchange friendship bracelets like they do at Taylor Swift shows, whcih is kind of adorable. So someone made Oasis friendship bracelets.

55E1FEBB-33CD-49B5-929A-42C6B7DEE78E.thumb.png.e1d23d825954de254cbe356a7fd5aa10.png

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I saw someone talking about annoyance about the gigs potentially being full of young lassies only there to see Wonderwall. One guy on an Oasis forum said when he got tickets his daughter had asked him if Oasis fans would exchange friendship bracelets like they do at Taylor Swift shows, whcih is kind of adorable. So someone made Oasis friendship bracelets.

55E1FEBB-33CD-49B5-929A-42C6B7DEE78E.thumb.png.e1d23d825954de254cbe356a7fd5aa10.png

IMG_4520.gif

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Hopefully this takes on.
Coked up middle aged men will be absolute raging over this "woke" nonsense. Lovely.

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

IMG_6817.gif

36 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Sounds like there are no more UK dates and today’s ballot for September Wembley dates is indeed it.

Gutted for anyone who has missed out - hopefully they do more tours in the future. 

Me and the mrs weren’t even sure we’d try get tickets for Wembley if we got a code. By time tickets travel and accommodation etc paid for it’s about the price of a week all inclusive. Will be a ball ache being in Edinburgh when it’s on and being ticketless though. I think I’ll go to stadium one night in the off chance of getting lucky.

Alright folks, my brother is raffling 2 hospitality tickets for the 3rd Murrayfield gig (12th August). 

All proceeds go directly to Chris' House in Wishaw. They're a suicide prevention and support charity, helping those in the central belt and beyond.

Current total raised thus far sits at over £4k! 

Much appreciated if my fellow P&Brs could help add to that.

Link below if ye fancy it. 

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/chriss-house-vip-oasis-2-tickets-murrayfield?exp=exp-pledge&expv=A&fbclid=IwY2xjawFVSb5leHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHd43zirveJ6ouQeWrJAz0FYcIxYZIjJMbwNPDbn1jo63oWn-PzgsPgFXnQ_aem_frcMh_EWu68S4k3uarMdSQ&utm_source=crowdfunder&utm_medium=qrcode

On 10/09/2024 at 19:23, welshbairn said:

I think this is the first time they've tried it outside the US, could be wrong. What was definitely lacking was warning people what they were doing, in clear terms.

It happened when Springsteen toured UK last year. Pre sale tickets were £135 and the following day they jumped to £400+