Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

Can't beat a sesh with yer mates and Oasis playing all fucking night. Those are the best nights, man.

Definitely!

I'd happily pay about £300 to watch them when they do a comeback tour in 14/15.

I think he's superb, he's nothing like the shit you get out of things like the x factor, the voice etc. He's naturally talented and writes his own songs. It's a shame though, if he went on one of these reality tv shows he would probably be more famous than what he is.

Love the interview with him where he's talking about one direction where one direction said they were disappointed that he didn't like their music and that they were fans of his and Jakes like I try and write my own songs and as a song writer it's very hard to listen to music that's not from the heart and soul LOL also loved when he said the Brit awards was "very boring".

Looking forward to the second album. Will prove his stature of a songwriter hopefully.

Ian Archer writes Jake Bugg's songs.

Go check your CD.

I already know Archer co wrote some songs with him. Same with Hunt. Saying Ian Archer writes his songs is like saying Archer comes into the studio and says "wrote you another song Jake." That's not the case.

Jake writes his songs and then Archer/Hunt etc work on them with him, add things here and there. Or they write a song together. Bugg is always there in the writing process from what I've read.

He has said he's still very young and wants help to soak up as much writing talent as he can before he starts writing without help.

So, not all that different from someone like Olly Murs then?

When did I say anything about Murs? Anyway, don't believe Murs actually sits down and writes a tune tbh. Think others do that, he comes in, adds his cringey lyrics and gets credited. He's probably to busy dancing or hosting shite shows to write.

As we're on a Gallagher thread. Is it not the same if Liam comes in with a tune for Beady Eye and Gem and Bell adjust it? Tht's why it then comes under Gallagher/Archer/Bell. Still though it was Liam's song.

You didn't mention him, I did. You're deciding how much input the other writers have depending on which artist you prefer and which artist you don't like...when the truth is you or I have no idea regarding the level of input.

The only thing we know for a fact is that Jake Bugg doesn't write his songs himself, Olly Murs doesn't write his songs himself. Robbie WIlliams didn't write his biggest hits himself. Why do you deem Jake Bugg worthy of more credibility than the other two?

If level of external input is your basis for credibility, then Busted are more credible than Jake Bugg as they wrote everything themselves, and also most of McFly's early stuff. Charlie Simpson is one of the best songwriters in this country but has been up against it from day 1 because of the musical snobbery that looks down on the fact that he started off in Busted.

You didn't mention him, I did. You're deciding how much input the other writers have depending on which artist you prefer and which artist you don't like...when the truth is you or I have no idea regarding the level of input.

The only thing we know for a fact is that Jake Bugg doesn't write his songs himself, Olly Murs doesn't write his songs himself. Robbie WIlliams didn't write his biggest hits himself. Why do you deem Jake Bugg worthy of more credibility than the other two?

If level of external input is your basis for credibility, then Busted are more credible than Jake Bugg as they wrote everything themselves, and also most of McFly's early stuff. Charlie Simpson is one of the best songwriters in this country but has been up against it from day 1 because of the musical snobbery that looks down on the fact that he started off in Busted.

I have to agree with most things you said but must insist that Bugg does write his own material. 14 songs on his debut album. 4 credited for Bugg alone. 10 credited to Bugg/ Archer etc.

I admit its probably because that I like Jake Bugg that I rate him more. Well tbh it is.

Archer has added a lot to his songs obviously but Bugg is the owner of these songs. Take songs like Someone Told Me or Someplace, about his love past. Two Fingers, Trouble town about living in Nottingham. Broken about his friend who died. These were Buggs songs that maybe needed improved by a more advance songwriter. This is still the case for album two. He said he's not ready to write every song on his own, he has still got a lot to learn.

Saying that this will be the case for many songwriters so I'll change my original statement you quoted to fit better.

"I look forward to when Bugg writes all his songs on his own and proves his stature as a writer"

Jake Bugg is different from Olly Murs since he has those four songs he's done himself. Olly Murs has never written a song on his own, which is telling. Probably means he can't.

He probably struggles to write his name let alone songs that Jake Bugg was writing when he was 15.