Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

Also a fan of this version of 'Fade Away'. I think it's the only time Liam's done the backing vocals for Noel. It seems to work well imo.

That also features Johnny Depp on the guitar.

Fade In-Out is absolutely tremendous live. I love the performance from the G-Max. "MAMA!" So much energy at that gig.

Just been trawling through videos and I really cannot get over how many times I'm discovering new versions of songs and new performances. It's astounding. They are the band that just keeps on giving. I wonder if I'll ever see and hear everything they've done. Who knows. Fucking mad fer it.

599414_257836287689083_451575428_n.jpg

They both feature Depp. The Fade Away "Warchild Version" features Noel on vocals, and guests Johnny Depp on guitar, Kate Moss on tambourine and Liam and Lisa Moorish on backing vocals

Cheers! Always thought it was Kate Moss singing at the end of the 'Warchild version'

The full GMEX video is class. Although Noise and Confusion is on another level!

Still got that one on VHS from when it was live on SKY. Love hearing the 'Be Here Now' tracks live. They tended to snub them in their later gigs.

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

I thought this was great accoustic session on MTV in their earlier years, before Liam decided that he doesn't like doing them and pulled at the last minute of their infamous MTV accoustic session years later, heckling Noel from the balcony;

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

The full GMEX video is class. Although Noise and Confusion is on another level!

Still got that one on VHS from when it was live on SKY. Love hearing the 'Be Here Now' tracks live. They tended to snub them in their later gigs.

Aye the BHN tracks were snubbed big time. D'You know what I mean was performed on 2002 tour which was brilliant. They also performed My Big Mouth when I saw them in 2009.

Aye the BHN tracks were snubbed big time. D'You know what I mean was performed on 2002 tour which was brilliant. They also performed My Big Mouth when I saw them in 2009.

My Big Mouth is a fantastic track and it sickens me that they didn't perform it live more often. The one from Knebworth is brilliant. You were very lucky to see that song live it seems! D'you Know What I Mean should have been performed more often as well. Dunno why they disliked Be Here Now so much - it's a better album than, IMO, Dig Out Your Soul and Don't Believe The Truth.

My Big Mouth is a fantastic track and it sickens me that they didn't perform it live more often. The one from Knebworth is brilliant. You were very lucky to see that song live it seems! D'you Know What I Mean should have been performed more often as well. Dunno why they disliked Be Here Now so much - it's a better album than, IMO, Dig Out Your Soul and Don't Believe The Truth.

I love "Be Here Now" but I can see why Noel and many fans don't. It's over 70 minutes long, too a lot of people it's over the top, there's about 20 guitar riffs in every song, songs like "D'you Know What I mean", "Stand By Me" are dragged on for many people. "All Around The World" is 9 minutes haha! That's Oasis's "Hey Jude" in my eyes.

"Girl In The Dirty Shirt", "Dont Go Away", "I Hope, I think, I Know" are all brilliant songs but for some reason just didn't connect with the UK and the world like What's the Story Morning glory did.

I also seen "My Big Mouth" live on that tour but sadly Liam's voice was fucked by then!

I think if you took out "Magic Pie" and the "All Around The World Reprise" replaced it with "Sister Lover" which was a b-side, always put in "Stay Young" and half the time on some of those songs then the album would of been there best. But like Noel has said, he was too drugged up to think about these things.

I love "Be Here Now" but I can see why Noel and many fans don't. It's over 70 minutes long, too a lot of people it's over the top, there's about 20 guitar riffs in every song, songs like "D'you Know What I mean", "Stand By Me" are dragged on for many people. "All Around The World" is 9 minutes haha! That's Oasis's "Hey Jude" in my eyes.

"Girl In The Dirty Shirt", "Dont Go Away", "I Hope, I think, I Know" are all brilliant songs but for some reason just didn't connect with the UK and the world like What's the Story Morning glory did.

I also seen "My Big Mouth" live on that tour but sadly Liam's voice was fucked by then!

I think if you took out "Magic Pie" and the "All Around The World Reprise" replaced it with "Sister Lover" which was a b-side, always put in "Stay Young" and half the time on some of those songs then the album would of been there best. But like Noel has said, he was too drugged up to think about these things.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Magic Pie. It's probably one of the only Oasis songs I'm not bothered about listening to. I think people weren't a fan of BHN because people expecteed more after WTSMG, they expected even better. It wasn't what they expected. It's a great album but it just didn't live up to the hype of Oasis at the time.

And yes I agree, some of the songs area bit on the long side.

Edited by jamamafegan4

Yeah I'm not a fan of Magic Pie. It's probably one of the only Oasis songs I'm not bothered about listening to. I think people weren't a fan of BHN because people expecteed more after WTSMG, they expected even better. It wasn't what they expected. It's a great album but it just didn't live up to the hype of Oasis at the time.

And yes I agree, some of the songs area bit on the long side.

Yeah that's one of the biggest reasons for its downfall. Out of all the albums, what's the album you dislike the most?

Yeah that's one of the biggest reasons for its downfall. Out of all the albums, what's the album you dislike the most?

Dislike isn't the word! I enjoy them all, naturally, but my least favourite would probably have to be Dig Out Your Soul. It's not a bad album it's just got the highest number of songs on it that I don't listen to as much. What about you man?

Dislike isn't the word! I enjoy them all, naturally, but my least favourite would probably have to be Dig Out Your Soul. It's not a bad album it's just got the highest number of songs on it that I don't listen to as much. What about you man?

Yeah dislike is the wrong word! DOYS is a good album but I know what you mean. Mine is probably "Standing on The Shoulders Of Giants", songs on it like "Gas Panic" and Go Let It Out" are some of my favourite but as an album as a whole it has too many fillers. "Little James", Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is" and "I Can See A Liar" are pretty poor and when I skip songs on an album then the album isn't great.