Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs46yd-Xidc

I recommend you listen to this with your best set of headphones. Was hearing hunners of wee sounds that I didn't know existed on What's The Story (if they were even there at all in the first place that is). It's quite a refreshing listen anyway. Things sound a bit more bassy and separated. Would love for official remasters to come out or a Beatles Love type album. Who knows if that sort of thing would even work with Oasis' music though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs46yd-Xidc

I recommend you listen to this with your best set of headphones. Was hearing hunners of wee sounds that I didn't know existed on What's The Story (if they were even there at all in the first place that is). It's quite a refreshing listen anyway. Things sound a bit more bassy and separated. Would love for official remasters to come out or a Beatles Love type album. Who knows if that sort of thing would even work with Oasis' music though.

Well it didn't take long to get my wish. 8)

Who touted them as the best since DM? Not oasis, that's for sure. They're not of the same standard, but all are decent albums with a couple of really good tunes on.

As for your "borrowing ideas", Noel stole from everyone right from the start, so you can't use that as an argument against the later stuff. He's hardly alone in lifting ideas though is he? Everyone has been doing it since the blues was invented. That's the whole point.

Noticed on the nme site, Noel's mate has described his new album as the same spirit as definetly maybe. Yawn . His PR is a predictable as his music.

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/75699

Edited by a1974h

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently this demo was recorded on the day I was born. Poignant that it turned up to be my favourite song of all time, could be fate.

Man, that acoustic intro is something else eh. Love how there is so many variations of this song.

I do like the live version from the Leeds festival in 2000 (?). Liam dedicates it to the Leeds United fans who were stabbed in Turkey when they played Galatasary. Nice touch I thought.

You just need to hear the opening few lines to Live Forever to know you are hearing a special choooon.

Something about that song that is just infectious.

1st song I learnt to play on the guitar. Simple lyrics & melody but one of the best songs of the 90's!