Was It A Goal?

Guest rbs

One of the most controversial decisions ever - but was it a goal?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest rbs

Perhaps we will never know, but I am not convinced that that was a goal last night. It was certainly a controversial decision! What did others see? I have not put a "Don't know" option in to stop people from sitting on the fence!

Dont know!

At first I thought it was but looking at it again there was no way to tell.

Why wasn't there a camera on the other side of the pitch? I'm sure if it had been a league game and SKY was covering it there would have been... unless that isn't possible at Anfield. :unsure:

If you look at the defenders foot it was a good bit over the line when he hooked the ball out. Therefor IMO it was a goal. Otherwise we would have had a keeper doing the walk of shame and a penaly.

Think I'm the only person who hasn't seen it yet :(

Was working until 8pm last night so only heard the first half on the radio, and haven't seen any replays.

Boo...

Think I'm the only person who hasn't seen it yet  :(

Was working until 8pm last night so only heard the first half on the radio, and haven't seen any replays.

Boo...

495420[/snapback]

It won't be cleared up any when you do see it... unless they have a new angle that I havn't seen!

It certainly didn't look wholly over the line to me. And even if it was, it could only have been by millimetres and the linseman was in no position to give it.

However, as others have said, if it was no goal then it was a stick on penalty and red card and Chelsea would almost certainly have been worse off. Probably one down anyway and facing the next 86 minutes with ten men and only two subs (since they would have put Cudicini on right away).

ITV said after the match that UEFA Champions League rules prevent them having a camera on the goal-line.

ITV said after the match that UEFA Champions League rules prevent them having a camera on the goal-line.

495523[/snapback]

Mmm, strange... I'm pretty sure UEFA doesn't prevent them having a camera on the other side of the pitch though which would have gone a long way to clearing it up. :rolleyes:

As for giving a penalty and sending Cech off... as far as I'm aware the referee probably wouldn't have pulled it back and given the foul if the linesman hadn't signalled it was a goal as he'd played advantage.

I've occasionally seen a referee in football do what they do in rugby and let play continue for a bit before pulling it back but not very often.

Hardly the most controversial decision ever! :lol:

In fact, Chelsea got the benefit of the decision! They got to keep 11 men on the park, and they still only needed to score one goal to go through.

I say it was unfair on Liverpool. The big Russki must have bribed the ref. :angry::rolleyes:

Perhaps we will never know, but I am not convinced that that was a goal last night.  It was certainly a controversial decision!  What did others see?  I have not put a "Don't know" option in to stop people from sitting on the fence!

495341[/snapback]

I dont know and aint sitting on the fence...... i relaly dont know. Havent seen it yet, and never will see it unless someone gets a still of it.

Guest spr

At first I thought it was a goal as the defender's right foot was behind the line. But from tv pictures you can't tell if the whole ball was over so I've voted no goal.

Guest 11 legend

NO WAY WAS IT IN!!!! as usual the officials bottled it and gave in to the home team! if it was at the other end the linesman wouldnt have risked angering the kop! it just adds to to the list of incidents which identify that cameras on the lines are needed! '66, the roy carrol howler , this one , and many other dodgy decisions

Archived