Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

Absolutely chuffed to see J. Zanetti back in action for Inter :wub:

Same. I cracked a total stauner when he came on, even if it was a total joke of a match.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SCENES

Berardi's going to go far but that was quite an epic fall from Roma. Looking poor without Totti and Gervinho and looks like they need Benatia to shore things up defensively. They'll be wishing for a draw later on tonight. A point's a point, but that result's gotta hurt.

Chievo sacked Sannino this morning, probably the right decision. Hopefully whoever comes in isn't quite as tactically inept and doesn't play guys out of position (especially Thereau). This is a team which is more than capable of finishing midtable in Serie A. I'd like to see Zeman get the job if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Verona derby today, anyone planning on watching? Hellas obviously look like they ought to be big favourites but the recent change in manager for Chievo will make a big difference I reckon, not only someone who knows the club but knows this specific fixture well having played in it five times, and on both sides.

My prediction is a Chievo win, 2-1 or 3-1.

I was planning to but Dundee United v Thistle is on BBC Alba 'as live' at half five. I'll catch half an hour of it.

You raise an interesting point and obviously there's no real home advantage, but I think Chievo will be lucky to get a draw. Considering how well Hellas have done though that's not a bad result.

Yeah, great result!

Balotelli missed a penalty and Milan drew 1-1 against 10 man Genoa. Milan have won once in ten games, Allegri's got to go now, surely?

Cassano scored against Napoli too tonight in a 1-0 win. His 100th Serie A goal.

Balotelli missed a penalty and Milan drew 1-1 against 10 man Genoa. Milan have won once in ten games, Allegri's got to go now, surely?

Tbh Balotelli should have put that away,then Matri missed a few sitters towards the end,as Genoa were pretty much backs to the wall for most of the 2nd half.But credit to Genoa though for getting the point,and playing with a man short for most of the game.

As for Milan,didn't they have a similar season last,where they didn't get their fingers out till the end of November?? I think this CL game with Celtic will be big for Allegri,but after the weekends performance,should they come back fired up,and get a good result at Parkhead.Then Allegri will probably keep his job till the end of the season.

Archived