Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

As expected Milan signed Honda.

Radja Nainngolan is almost certainly away to Roma, Last I saw it was "confirmed" but Davide Astori and a few other said goodbye to him on twitter. Gutting I loved Radja

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As expected Milan signed Honda.

Radja Nainngolan is almost certainly away to Roma, Last I saw it was "confirmed" but Davide Astori and a few other said goodbye to him on twitter. Gutting I loved Radja

Confirmed this morning

post-16584-13892107943951_thumb.jpg

Just heard the news that Milan have sacked Allegri. Should have been done ages ago. Apparently Clarence Seedorf's going to be the new manager. One of my favourite ever footballers. I really, really hope he does well.

UEFA-Champions-League-Trophy-Tour-2013-2

AC fucked my coupon on Sunday and Inter did the same last night. Me and Milan are about to have a serious falling out.

I really hope Seedorf succeeds if he does get the gig. Was a tremendous footballer and is cool as f**k. Will be taking over a club with some seriously talented players but some pretty deep rooted problems. Will be a tough job, but having seen his work as a pundit, I think he's tactically capable of making them a success, whether the players respond is another story though I guess.

A lot of people say Milan have a bad squad but I don't think it's as terrible as people are making out. In fact, I'd say they've got a better squad, man-to-man, than Inter. It's not like their classic teams from years ago and there are a lot of average as f**k players but they're definitely underachieving and should be doing far, far better than they currently are. They've already acted smart shoring up with defence with Mexes and their midfield with Honda. A couple more signings would do them well, and I reckon Seedorf would still be able to play to a reasonable level. I don't see him playing though.

I know it isn't the league but i see Sky are showing the Coppa Italia Q/Fs next week live on Tues, Wed and Thurs. Has the penny finally dropped that there is more to football than the Holy Grail that is the Epl?

Yes, if only Sky showed another European league weekly, including cup games :1eye

Sky are going to have to diversify a lot more over the next couple of years now that they've lost the Champions League rights. I'd expect them to be testing the water with a few different things over the next wee while.

I've generally found the Coppa Italia quite dull though - on the whole it's taken even less seriously than cup competitions in England.

Sky are going to have to diversify a lot more over the next couple of years now that they've lost the Champions League rights.

Yeah, I wonder if we'll see more South American football?

Although the timings of the games would be a problem there.

The issue they'll have is that no UEFA league will be allowed to play matches up against the Champions League. So they're either looking at another continent, another sport or most likely lower league matches on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I've no idea what the story is with Europa League rights - they might go for those to at least have some midweek European football.

South American football would be much bigger over here if it wasn't for the timing. You very rarely get a dull game - if the football is crap then there's generally some dodgy tackles or brawls.

The issue they'll have is that no UEFA league will be allowed to play matches up against the Champions League. So they're either looking at another continent, another sport or most likely lower league matches on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I've no idea what the story is with Europa League rights - they might go for those to at least have some midweek European football.

South American football would be much bigger over here if it wasn't for the timing. You very rarely get a dull game - if the football is crap then there's generally some dodgy tackles or brawls.

Would a delayed transmission ala Alba work in this case? I mean it's bad trying to ignore the result of a game then watching it later when it's in your own country, but you have to really go looking for South American results, so they could probably get away with it. Of course, you'd have to have quite a delay since South America is behind us, but it would fill a scheduling gap. I'd enjoy watching the Libertadores for example.- show the Tuesday night game delayed on a Wednesday night - hell, even show two games back to back on delay - then show Wednesday night's games on a Thursday. They'll struggle to compete with the Champions League, but could be a winner on a Thursday night.

Archived