Serie A 2013-2014

Zanetti

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the start of the season they had a squad - not including academy players - with over 200 players. There was this article published near the beginning of the season on it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2416860/Chelseas-Dutch-enclave-shows-transfer-market-like-cattle-market--Martin-Samuel.html

The 'out on loan' section on their Wiki is a fair size. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parma_F.C.#Out_on_loan

Parma going really well right now, just 3 points off 5th. :)

Now a point, with a game in hand. 15 games unbeaten too. :D Think top 5 will ultimately be beyond them, but who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

A 4-2 win away to Milan keeps Parma's unbeaten league run going - now standing at 16 games. It keeps them in 6th, still with a game in hand, although that is away to Roma. Unfortunately they have away trips to Juventus and Lazio in their next 3 games, with a game against Napoli following them, so the unbeaten run will probably come to an end at some point in the next few weeks. Still think a Europa League place is slightly beyond them, although Fiorentina have went off the boil a bit lately. The late equaliser conceded against 10-man Fiorentina a few weeks back might prove decisive at the seasons end, had they held on for the win they'd be sitting in 4th right now.

Regardless of European Football or not, I think even finishing in the top 7 would be a great achievement.

• 3 weeks later...

A 4-2 win away to Milan keeps Parma's unbeaten league run going - now standing at 16 games. It keeps them in 6th, still with a game in hand, although that is away to Roma. Unfortunately they have away trips to Juventus and Lazio in their next 3 games, with a game against Napoli following them, so the unbeaten run will probably come to an end at some point in the next few weeks. Still think a Europa League place is slightly beyond them, although Fiorentina have went off the boil a bit lately. The late equaliser conceded against 10-man Fiorentina a few weeks back might prove decisive at the seasons end, had they held on for the win they'd be sitting in 4th right now.

Regardless of European Football or not, I think even finishing in the top 7 would be a great achievement.

1 point from 12 since the Milan game, and three defeats on the bounce. Poor result at home to Genoa, although there's no shame in losing away to Lazio (93rd min winner), Juventus (with 10 men) and Roma.

I think the Europa League places are now beyond them. I think they'll lose tomorrow against Napoli with Lazio and Atalanta winning meaning they'll drop to 8th. A shame given how good things were looking a few of weeks ago.

Great result for Fiorentina and Borja Valero really should be in the Spain squad for the World Cup. Shame a Higuian hat-trick helped Napoli further towards the Champion's League place.

Maxi Lopez and Icardi faced each other today and they didn't shake hands before it (Icardi now goes out with Lopez' old missus) and Icardi went on to score a brace in a 4-0 win. Unlucks.

Also, I honestly don't think it would be too ridiculous to suggest that Alberto Paloschi should be given a chance in the national team.

I posted it on the World Cup Squads thread, but Italy have a plethora of attacking players right now. Balotelli is probably the only stick-on (and even then...) but you've got Destro, Immobile, Gilardino, Osvaldo, Berardi, Paloschi, Rossi, Toni, Cassano, Gabbiadini, Insigne, El Sharaawy to name just some. Prandelli has some decision to make.

I posted it on the World Cup Squads thread, but Italy have a plethora of attacking players right now. Balotelli is probably the only stick-on (and even then...) but you've got Destro, Immobile, Gilardino, Osvaldo, Berardi, Paloschi, Rossi, Toni, Cassano, Gabbiadini, Insigne, El Sharaawy to name just some. Prandelli has some decision to make.

How many of them are actually out and out strikers though apart from Balotelli, Gilardino & Osvaldo? Tbh maybe that's just me being ignorant but I'm not a massive follower of Italian football these days.

What about di Natale or Totti? I know they're getting on a fair bit but how are they performing these days?

Archived