The LOLverpool Thread

"Carragher delighted to receive Honorary Fellowship

Liverpools vice-captain and PFA Delegate Jamie Carragher has been given an Honorary Fellowship from John Moores University for his contribution to sport and charity.

The former England international, has amassed close to 700 appearances for the Reds, helping Liverpool lift the FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup and the Champions League.

"I am very much aware of the opportunities that the University provides for young people and the support it gives them to achieve their goals. This is something that I very much aspire to do myself, so it truly is an honour to become a part of the LJMU family."

Jamie Carragher, Liverpool FC.

Carragher was granted the freedom of Sefton in 2006 recognising the work of his own charity, the 23 Foundation, which aims to give youngsters in Merseyside a chance to achieve their dreams through community initiatives."

Must be beacause he was an Everton fan as a kid.

"Carragher delighted to receive Honorary Fellowship

Liverpools vice-captain and PFA Delegate Jamie Carragher has been given an Honorary Fellowship from John Moores University for his contribution to sport and charity.

The former England international, has amassed close to 700 appearances for the Reds, helping Liverpool lift the FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup and the Champions League.

"I am very much aware of the opportunities that the University provides for young people and the support it gives them to achieve their goals. This is something that I very much aspire to do myself, so it truly is an honour to become a part of the LJMU family."

Jamie Carragher, Liverpool FC.

Carragher was granted the freedom of Sefton in 2006 recognising the work of his own charity, the 23 Foundation, which aims to give youngsters in Merseyside a chance to achieve their dreams through community initiatives."

Must be beacause he was an Everton fan as a kid.

Sir Jimmy Saville OBE was honoured, given 2 doctorates and the Freedom of Scarborough amongst other rewards because of his charity work. Must mean he wasn't a total b*****d after all then.

Sir Jimmy Saville OBE was honoured, given 2 doctorates and the Freedom of Scarborough amongst other rewards because of his charity work. Must mean he wasn't a total b*****d after all then.

And of course similarly there have been many calls for Carragher to have them taken off him.

I like when Jamie Carragher said he stopped supporting Everton as a youth player because some of his Everton supporting chums were winding him up.

What a petty tosser.

Maybe he could have a charity testimonial against Everton at Anfield and maybe score a penalty or something for them to make up for it.

Personally I don't mind Carragher, good servant to the club etc. However, like all things Liverpool, that is all we are going to hear from now until the end of the season. ''Oh what a legend'', ''credit to the club'', ''only at a special club like Liverpool do you get special players'' and so on.

Sorry can't work multi quote on this yet. He's certainly no saint. Liverpool haters trying to put players in the same category as Fred West. Maybe somewhere in between eh.

Lol wut?

He said it in his book, word for word. nobody have made anything up to try and discredit him.

I have no reason to doubt him. why should I?

you are saying he exaggerated it, with nothing to back that up only an opinion.

However, like all things Liverpool, that is all we are going to hear from now until the end of the season. ''Oh what a legend'', ''credit to the club'', ''only at a special club like Liverpool do you get special players'' and so on.

Afraid your probably right. I had a Facebook full of it last night.

...''only at a special club like Liverpool do you get special players'' and so on.

I've just finished watching Being Liverpool, which was a mighty good watch IMO, if slow in parts. Came out with a lot of respect for Rodgers.

Anyway, the delusions of 'special, nowhere else do you get this, best fans ever, etc' with that poet fan in the pub in particular and the stadium announcer were hilarious. Are they really that fcking dense?

Edited by banana

Anyway, the delusions of 'special, nowhere else do you get this, best fans ever, etc' with that poet fan in the pub in particular and the stadium announcer were hilarious. Are they really that fcking dense?

At no point do some talking about Liverpool's history etc - Dave Kirkby's probably the worst - stop and think if I say this fans of other clubs will think I'm fanny.

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

I don't know what I find more astonishing, thinking "Being Liverpool" was a good programme or thinking that it reflected well on Rodgers.

It was fucking horrendous, a massive let down compared to the excellent 4 year plan, and Rodgers came out of it looking like a frontier David Brent. It was embarrassing for him more than anyone.

No you don't, those clubs are especially horrific, but nobody thinks St. Mirren or St. Johnstone fans are somehow special. They just aren't. They are football fans like everyone else.

It's quite simple.

Any group of fans who refers to their club either by adding "ftballclb" to the end, or by a hackneyed nickname are worthy of disdain and ridicule as believing their own hype.

This incorporates Liverpool, Celtic and Newcastle. The first two much worse than the latter imo.

Off to Anfield tonight for the West Brom game. Won't be easy, still to put away a top 10 side this season and time to start turning promising performances into points.

Edited by Rab B Nesbit