The LOLverpool Thread

:lol:

Just you keep peddling.

Peddling what?

I've been proven to be absolutely correct. I said in the summer Rodgers would improve Liverpool's league position from the utter disaster of a season the Mumbleclown produced.

He will. Comfortably. Liverpool also look a substantially better side than the pedestrian mess Dalglish had produced.

There is no question Rodgers has been a significant upgrade.

HB has a set position and will never let change it.

It's just a pity for him that he's picked Lyle Lanley and not AVB to back. Just like when he thought England were better than Italy.

It will all eventually blow up in his face spectacularly.

HB has a set position and will never let change it.

Yup - I back my predictions. I stand by them - we will see what I get right and what I get wrong.

My predictions were that Rodgers would be an upgrade on Mumbleclown. Very happy with that just now.

And that AVB wouldn't do as well as Redknapp. Jury's out on that - he's done very well so far, but still has a long way to go to match Redknapp's 3 season performance of 4th, 5th and 4th. If he does so I will hold up my hands that I got that one wrong.

To go off topic for a second, the thing with AVB is one good season could set him up really well going forward - if Spurs finish third garunteeing them group stage CL football then that will surely go a ways to keeping the likes of Bale and upgrading other parts of the team. In that instance, Spurs could start next season as favourites to be in the Top 4 out of the six or seven teams who would concievably (if not realistically) challenge for it.

Which in a roundabout way, really shows what a job Rodgers still has to do. I haven't seen much of Liverpool since January, but a few season without the CL can really f**k a club, much like it has Liverpool.

Yup - I back my predictions. I stand by them - we will see what I get right and what I get wrong.

My predictions were that Rodgers would be an upgrade on Mumbleclown. Very happy with that just now.

And that AVB wouldn't do as well as Redknapp. Jury's out on that - he's done very well so far, but still has a long way to go to match Redknapp's 3 season performance of 4th, 5th and 4th. If he does so I will hold up my hands that I got that one wrong.

How's the Rooney to Sunderland prediction going?

Actually, it doesn't seem too bad now. Well played.

Both sides have a reasonable run in, so I'd imagine both sides will end in a good position. I think Tottenham will take that 3rd place spot. Not so sure on the Europa League however. AVB clearly wants this Spurs side to win it, but there WILL come a point where he has to make a decision, and I can see the league becoming the priority. If he manages both, that would be an unbelievable achievement.

Liverpool hitting the top four just doesn't seem like the impossibility it seemed like not so long ago. The teams above them are capable of dropping points and this Liverpool side seems like a good one at the moment.

I can now actually see Liverpool getting fourth and I would never have thought I would be saying that this season. I'm fairly sure there next 5 games are, Southampton, Villa, Reading and West Ham, it won't be Easy but if they take 10/12 from these, and they can in the form they are in then the week after against Chelsea is huge. I'm not really bothered for or against Liverpool but I do like Rodgers so I would happily see them take that CL spot before Chelsea or Arsenal because that quite frankly would be hilarious.

Peddling what?

I've been proven to be absolutely correct. I said in the summer Rodgers would improve Liverpool's league position from the utter disaster of a season the Mumbleclown produced.

He will. Comfortably. Liverpool also look a substantially better side than the pedestrian mess Dalglish had produced.

There is no question Rodgers has been a significant upgrade.

Oh so your only focussing on the league record now and missing the lame cup exits. For me Dalglish would have bettered his record in the league last season too. I'll certainly still question whether or not he's been a significant upgrade.

I can now actually see Liverpool getting fourth and I would never have thought I would be saying that this season. I'm fairly sure there next 5 games are, Southampton, Villa, Reading and West Ham, it won't be Easy but if they take 10/12 from these, and they can in the form they are in then the week after against Chelsea is huge. I'm not really bothered for or against Liverpool but I do like Rodgers so I would happily see them take that CL spot before Chelsea or Arsenal because that quite frankly would be hilarious.

I'd love to be wrong but 4th place is just out of reach for me and at least either Arsenal or Chelsea will do enough to join Spurs in the top 4. It is as a kind run in some respects but with Reading, Villa, Southampton and QPR all scrapping for survival, and Newcastle, Chelsea and Everton still to play I can see Liverpool dropping points.

Oh so your only focussing on the league record now and missing the lame cup exits. For me Dalglish would have bettered his record in the league last season too. I'll certainly still question whether or not he's been a significant upgrade.

How much do you think Comolli would have paid for Sturridge? My bet would be £25M, he's English after all.

He was shite yesterday by the way.

How much do you think Comolli would have paid for Sturridge? My bet would be £25M, he's English after all.

He was shite yesterday by the way.

With way he negotiated the Carroll/Henderson/downing deals your right probably about £25 million. Agree he was poor yesterday - looked like the Sturridge we feared we'd get didn't look interested.

With way he negotiated the Carroll/Henderson/downing deals your right probably about £25 million.

So in essence, you agree that the club are most street wise with the new management structure, albeit after a few hiccups.

The problem with a lot of Liverpool fans these days is they dare not go against what RAWK says. I used to have that problem. I used to think, I was wrong about a lot of my opinions after reading that web site, until I realised it's a happy clappers shop. I only really go it it now during the transfer window. Most of them talk absolute bollocks.

Oh so your only focussing on the league record now and missing the lame cup exits.

Domestic cups are meaningless. No decent club or aspiring decent club cares about them.

Face it, you have been found out. Your Dalglish fanboyism isn't fooling anyone. Neither is your claim that mysteriously Dalglish, despite bringing in utter pish and creating a mogadon brutal side last season, would mysteriously have transformed this into an exciting goalscoring attacking outfit.

Both sides have a reasonable run in, so I'd imagine both sides will end in a good position. I think Tottenham will take that 3rd place spot. Not so sure on the Europa League however. AVB clearly wants this Spurs side to win it, but there WILL come a point where he has to make a decision, and I can see the league becoming the priority. If he manages both, that would be an unbelievable achievement.

Liverpool hitting the top four just doesn't seem like the impossibility it seemed like not so long ago. The teams above them are capable of dropping points and this Liverpool side seems like a good one at the moment.

There's no danger Liverpool are coming 4th. Or Spurs coming 3rd either IMO.

Spurs look very much favourites for 4th though, which would be an excellent achievement for them.

Spurs look very much favourites for 4th though, which would be an excellent achievement for them.

Who do you see catching Spurs now? I think AVB will pretty soon start sending out poorer teams in the EL as even though he want's to win it, the league and automatic entry into the CL will have to be priority.

If Liverpool won all of their 9 remaining games they'd finish on 72 points which would be 3 points more than the 69 Spurs had finishing 4th last year. So need a miracle. Hopefully give Arsenal a run for 5th.

So in essence, you agree that the club are most street wise with the new management structure, albeit after a few hiccups.

The problem with a lot of Liverpool fans these days is they dare not go against what RAWK says. I used to have that problem. I used to think, I was wrong about a lot of my opinions after reading that web site, until I realised it's a happy clappers shop. I only really go it it now during the transfer window. Most of them talk absolute bollocks.

RAWK is an embarrassing mess of a forum nowadays unfortunately. Met a few good Reds through the ticket exchange etc on there in the early days but it's swamped by nonsense.

With the regards to the Liverpool way/always support the manager sort of stuff on there lots of it has become cringeworthy.

Domestic cups are meaningless. No decent club or aspiring decent club cares about them.

Face it, you have been found out. Your Dalglish fanboyism isn't fooling anyone. Neither is your claim that mysteriously Dalglish, despite bringing in utter pish and creating a mogadon brutal side last season, would mysteriously have transformed this into an exciting goalscoring attacking outfit.

Disagree about the domestic cups. You missed out the Europa League.

Won't hide my admiration for Dalglish. Try not to let it get in the way of my thinking. As I've said earlier quite a few times I would have given him longer and with him in charge believe that the club would be higher in the table right now.

The change was made though and Rodgers has got mine and the majority of the Liverpool fans support. Lets hope there's good times ahead for the club! :)

Who do you see catching Spurs now? I think AVB will pretty soon start sending out poorer teams in the EL as even though he want's to win it, the league and automatic entry into the CL will have to be priority.

Indeed.

That said, Arsenal might catch Spurs. I see Chelsea dropping too many points to be able to do so though, and Tottenham will get that all powerful fourth place finish, at least.

Won't hide my admiration for Dalglish. Try not to let it get in the way of my thinking. As I've said earlier quite a few times I would have given him longer and with him in charge believe that the club would be higher in the table right now.

What would Dalglish have done better than Rodgers?

Edited by DomDom