Lance Armstrong is he...

THE KING

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they had any evidence on him, they would have produced it years ago. Do we have evidence that he is actually a cheat? Or is it guilty till presumed innocent?

Also, what authority do the yanks have to strip him of his titles? I got a gold swimming certificate when I was in primary school, but was taking an inhaler. Could the USADA strip me of my certificate too?

I have him in my dead pool. If they shame him into suicide it wouldn't be a massive downer.

From what I've read of it though, it looks like there is very little evidence of him cheating, other than a quite possibly jealous team mate saying he must have cheated.

From what I've heard (Radio Scotland this am) the US doping agency has the following evidence

• Blood test results consistent with doping (no drugs found)
  • 10 of his former team mates who are willing to testify that his was using drugs and was the ringleader

I think Armstrong has made the right move in not fighting this as it means he can take the stance on they havent provded anything rather than risk the proceedings and all the dirty linen coming out.

From your death bed to the greatetr cyclist of all time just seems too far fetched. If they are using his ex-team mates as witnesses though then surely any case against him can't stand. They are mainly guys who have been caught ouyt tryin to ytake him down with them. I don't think the testimony of a confirmed doper carries any real weight.

From what I've heard (Radio Scotland this am) the US doping agency has the following evidence

• Blood test results consistent with doping (no drugs found)
  • 10 of his former team mates who are willing to testify that his was using drugs and was the ringleader

I think Armstrong has made the right move in not fighting this as it means he can take the stance on they havent provded anything rather than risk the proceedings and all the dirty linen coming out.

He's been fighting it for years! Its been dragged through court after court. How come the US doping agency have these blood tests, and nobody else does? And again, where do they get their title stripping authority from? Could the British equivalent reinstate the titles?

If they had any evidence on him, they would have produced it years ago. Do we have evidence that he is actually a cheat? Or is it guilty till presumed innocent?

Also, what authority do the yanks have to strip him of his titles? I got a gold swimming certificate when I was in primary school, but was taking an inhaler. Could the USADA strip me of my certificate too?

That depends if the inhaler is on the banned list. I presume it isn't. If it is though, I'd imagine WADA are on the case as we speak.

He's been fighting it for years! Its been dragged through court after court. How come the US doping agency have these blood tests, and nobody else does? And again, where do they get their title stripping authority from? Could the British equivalent reinstate the titles?

I thought the blood tests were taken in Europe? May well be wrong, but I've always felt the case against Armstrong has been instigated over here.

I thought the blood tests were taken in Europe? May well be wrong, but I've always felt the case against Armstrong has been instigated over here.

So why is it the US Doping agency that is carrying out this title stripping? I don't know whether he is guilty or not, but something about this case absolutely stinks.

That depends if the inhaler is on the banned list. I presume it isn't. If it is though, I'd imagine WADA are on the case as we speak.

Forget WADA, it appears to be the USADA that I should be scared of, what with their authority over Europe.

Isn't it the case that the USADA is affiliated to WADA and that WADA implement any ban? I'm assuming there's a British, French etc equivelent. Armstong is a current competitor in Triathlon and was suspended as a result of this.

Isn't it the case that the USADA is affiliated to WADA and that WADA implement any ban? I'm assuming there's a British, French etc equivelent. Armstong is a current competitor in Triathlon and was suspended as a result of this.

I don't know who makes the banning decision, but the USADA is raising a case against an American athlete. It isn't the USADA who make the decision to ban someone, they merely present the case. And Armstrong is essentially saying he's not going to fight the case. To whom they present it, I don't know.

On the other thread someone has posted the list of top five finishers in the Tour De France in the years Armstrong won it - just about all of them have either been found guilty or had strong accusations of doping.

On the other thread someone has posted the list of top five finishers in the Tour De France in the years Armstrong won it - just about all of them have either been found guilty or had strong accusations of doping.

"I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999."

Is that a between-the-lines way of saying he was only doing what everyone else was doing?

Archived