The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drinking a pint of Field 41.

Its an American Pale Ale currently on in Wetherspoons by a brewery called Bale Breaker Brewing.

A really nice session ale. A sharp citrus taste, refreshing but without the bitter aftertaste. Ends quite malty making you want more. Fantastic beer.

Hadn't read through before posting my last post. Agree completely. Fantastic

I will usually happily drink any beer including the likes of Carling, Bud (although far from my first choice) but when I was in Iceland I tried several Icelandic beers and they were all fairly unpalatable. I found one which was exactly like Tennents and I stuck with that.

I'm running another Beer festival at the end of February and I have a couple of William's bros beers on my list, since quite a few of you on here have gave their beers a really good review I'm going to get one of them in.

Since I've never tried any of their beers I'm looking for some help off the P+B ale drinkers.

My choice is between:

Fraoch Heather

Harvest sun

Joker

I got some bottles of Eden brewery, St. Andrews stuff for my Christmas that I have still to try.

Does anyone remember BudweiserE? It was bud laced with something like red bull. I think they stopped making it for health reasons

I'm running another Beer festival at the end of February and I have a couple of William's bros beers on my list, since quite a few of you on here have gave their beers a really good review I'm going to get one of them in. 

Since I've never tried any of their beers I'm looking for some help off the P+B ale drinkers. 

My choice is between:

Fraoch Heather

Harvest sun 

Joker 

Joker, no question about it. IMO

My choice is between:

Fraoch Heather

Harvest sun

Joker

I'd include 7 Giraffes.

My choice is between:

Fraoch Heather

Harvest sun

Joker

Joker from that list. Grozet is really good too as is Good Times.

Had a pint of this in the Salt Cot after work today.

red-robbin-small.png

While it was being poured the manager shouted to another member of staff 'have you saw the colour of this ale?'.

It looked like a pint of weak Red Kola.

Apart from that it was pretty unremarkable although I get the feeling it would go well with some nice cheese and oatcakes.

Was in wetherspoons last night and the Field 41 ran out so tried "Green Mantle", by Broughton.

I'm not usually a fan of the dark ales but this was good gravy. A very nice 70/-

Would recommend.

My choice is between:

Fraoch Heather

Harvest sun

Joker

You can't go wrong with all three, I'd add 7 giraffes for sure and good times as well.

Archived