The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

Had a bottle of Brewdog's Jack Hammer earlier. Lovely and hoppy but not to the extent that they claim.

Also a bottle of Harviestoun The Ridge. Quite hoppy and very easy to drink.

Both above from Tesco.

Before that I had a can of Sixpoint Bengali Tiger in my local Wetherspoon's.

Also bought a pint of Brain's SA but returned it to the bar as it was obviously in bad condition. Swapped it for a pint of McEwans Red. Nothing great but easy enough to drink.

thats what it tastes like

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished off with a couple of Fourth Of July IPA by Alloa Brewing company (?)

Nice and smooth with a bit of body to it. 5.0% too so not a session ale.

Had a bottle of Jennings Bitter with my dinner. 99p from Aldi. Quality.
Also found a bottle of Innis & Gunn Canadian Cherrywood Finish Oak Aged Beer. 7.4 abv. Only £1.79 Excellent value, and a quality brew. Got a couple of big bottles of Old Golden Hen from Tesco will have them later watching City v AC Milan.

I had a bottle of Tullibardines 1488 which is a whisky beer from the Tullibardine Distillery and was raving about it, so the wife bought me Buddy's Bourbon beer because I am quite partial to a bourbon. It was far too sweet for me, the honey seem to mask any other flavours. The other one I can recommend is Brains Boilermaker a Welsh Whiskey IPA. That was very pleasant.

Wee haul from newcastle. No real ale shops as such in the area, but fenwick's department store has a great selection of ales, focusing especially on breweries in the north-east.post-7178-14067464026873_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine my delight when doing the shopping at the weekend, when I spotted this stuff in the supermarket. Just to put some background to my happyness - Ale/Craft beer is a very rare thing here in Austria, and I have been craving the stuff for a long time now. It is of course, only a limited edition, so I'll need to get stocked up before it all disappears :(

stiegl_ale.png

Anyone tried this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-28769152

As a side note, tried a pint of Punk IPA Brew Dog yesterday and it was fucking crap. Wouldnae recommend.

No, I have had a few of Timothy Taylor's beers though but not that one. I have friednd who is in Camra and we both agree that the Silver Medal winner Oakham's Citra is awful. It's far too hoppy and has a metallic aftertaste.

Anyone tried this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-28769152

As a side note, tried a pint of Punk IPA Brew Dog yesterday and it was fucking crap. Wouldnae recommend.

Surprised at that I quite enjoy Brew Dog's Punk IPA. Prefer the Hardcore IP and 5am Saint though.

Funnily enough heading down to Brew Dog pub in Manchester after work tomorrow evening. Looking forward to it.

Punk IPA is possibly the best beer ever brewed. Well, top 20 anyway. Not enjoying it is beer heresy.

Broughton's Old Jock is helluva strong but is indeed a lovely drop.

Just not to my taste. Too 'citric' tasting if you know what I mean.

Might try that Old Jock.

Beer of choice recently has been Asahi, can only get it in 4 pack 330ml or single 500ml bottles. Could do with a 12 pack.

Really like Asahi and also Sapporo. With either sushi or yakisoba is lovely.

I have an idea . It's pretty out there but maybe just crazy enough to work.....

You could get a four pack, take pictures of it and print two out, sitting them in the fridge beside the four pack?

Is that it? Your idea? Huh? HUH?

Had a couple of pints of Stewart Brewery Jack (Back) in Platform 3 in Linlithgow, really refreshing slightly hoppy beer, first time I've tasted it. Also bought some beer from the Tesco near the bar including, Tesco Finest Porter...excellent, Old Hoppy Ale...really enjoyed this tho' it lacked a bit of hoppiness and Youngs Double Chocolate Stout...it is what it is.

Wow! can't believe I'm replying to my own post.

Had a fantastic day out with Mrs. cT.

Had, Innis & Gunn in Holyrood 9A, Zeitgeist Coffee, Libertine Black IPA & Anchor Porter in Brewdog.

Mochaccino Stout, Alchemy Bohemian ale, Black Isle Organic Porter,

Archived