The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

5 minutes ago, mighty meadow said:

Morrisons are doing a wee Beer Festival at the moment. Probably about 30 different bottles all at £1.50 each. Bought a half dozen today including a rhubarb saison, a raspberry blonde and a sticky toffee pudding ale.

Also bought a box of 6 different Wychwood beers for £7 in the same shop.

I think Aldi's latest festival starts this Thursday. 

Building up nicely for the Ayrshire Festival bunfight at Troon next month.

Visited Drygate on Friday: their pilsner (gluten free as well but that wasn't why I bought it) was remarkably light and easy to drink, even after a huge meal. The bramble saison that they have on the guest taps was excellent though: it's a type of beer that was prominent in the US and it's not surprising to see it become easier to find over here. They're generally very good with a sweet and sour taste. 

Our QP members' bar started selling the wee Belhaven craft beers for £2:30 which were ideal partners for a malt - 18 year old Glenlivet for £4:00. Unfortunately they've stopped making the one called "Scottish Ale" despite their rep saying that it was the best seller.

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Derek Patterson said:

Wooha IPA is currently £1 for a 330ml bottle in Morrisons. Not sure if this was store specific. It's the Paisley store if anyone is interested.

14590475_1392718884089474_14012715434267

There may be a reason there are pallets of the stuff being bashed out for a quid. A while back after the Aldi beer fest was finished there was an unbeliveable amount of wooha stuff left untouched on the shelf. That and and some Solway stuff.

Been spending a bit of time
In the Dancing Man brewery in Southampton. They've got about nine ales on tap, some brewed in house and some guests, but I've been able to sample Jugaad, Waimea River (both goldens) and Pilgrim Pale Ale. Also had an Orchard Pig which easily is now my favourite cider, not too dry and not too sweet.

Would highly recommend the Dancing Man if anyone is down in Southampton.

• 4 weeks later...

Had that on tap in the Pot Still in Glasgow recently. Was a beer/whisky pairing session with the lads from Old Worthy.

Oddly enough it's a "White Stout" but it's a dark beer. Reason being, someone made an arse of the order for the initial batch and ended up with a load of roasted coffee malts, hence it clearly not being a lighter beer. Apparently though it will be a legit white stout soon though.

Those were my last 2 this weekend. I've Actually had the "bad kitty" on tap a few years ago, forgotten how good it was. The peanut butter milk stout was very nice, though at £4.50 a can, it should be! Very pleasant aftertaste, although a bit sweet. Certainly not a session ale.f18f27954a91f630893be925da1ba18a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...