The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

Last year was braw. May have to return.

Last year was my first and I enjoyed it.

I like the look of the provisional Scottish Ales list.

http://www.ayrshirebeerfestival.co.uk/scottish_ales/

Ayr Brewing Company saying they have still to confirm a 3rd Ale, don't think it will be Dr Hornbook though. I wonder if the prices published have to be adhered to?

No Goose Eye from Keighley this year. Was my favourite last year.

Had to pick my missus and two friends up at the Lansdowne Bar in the West End at 6pm today as they were having a girls' (wimmins) day out.

Sounds bad, but, I parked the car, went to Inn Deep, had a pint of Maisel's Weisse, counted the Williams Bros. beers (30 at least), went to The Cave, bought 7 excellent beers, drove them home and am now enjoying said beers.

Yum Yum.

Had to pick my missus and two friends up at the Lansdowne Bar in the West End at 6pm today as they were having a girls' (wimmins) day out.

Sounds bad, but, I parked the car, went to Inn Deep, had a pint of Maisel's Weisse, counted the Williams Bros. beers (30 at least), went to The Cave, bought 7 excellent beers, drove them home and am now enjoying said beers.

Yum Yum.

Is the cave now what's Now known as "valhallas goat", upstairs from inn deep??

Had a pint of Schiehallion (Sp) in the Salt Cot. First time on draught for me, lovely.

Bought 2 bottles from The Thistly Cross cider range in Sainsburys (£1.50) each. Ginger one is perfect for this time of year when it's getting colder and darker. Strawberry one would be better suited to a nice afternoon in the sun but is still delicious. That's 4 I've tried from this Scottish cider maker and they are all worth a go.

Also had a bottle of Bulmers Dark Cherry last night. Bit more mainstream but one of my favourite flavoured ciders.

Anybody going (or already been) to the Paisley Beer Festival?

I'm going tomorrow afternoon. Looks a brilliant selection. I hope most of the best beers will still be available.

Had a cracking time at it last year. Well worth going. Missing out this year but going to Troon next month.

Have this, hipswing and.gonnae no brew that in fridge.meant to be leaving it for Friday but well tempted to get involved. I don't really like honey tho.is it strongly honey flavoured?

Not massively but it's there in the background. Certainly doesn't overpower it.

It's quite floral. If you've ever had Fraoch, it's similar to that but a bit sweeter.