The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beer Festival in Glasgow 19-21 September.

I'll be up there at the time and thinking of popping along.

It's Drygate Brewery that's running it, anyone know anything about them?

It' £22 to get in, and that includes a £5 beer voucher. So £17 for, well I'm not sure exactly.

The missus got me 12 bottles of eden brewery stuff for a tenner from the wee market in waverley station today, and the guy kindly gave her a free pass for a VIP brewery tour as well. Pleasing.

Well the VIP tour is great. 45 minutes of beer tasting and 15 minutes of machinery which is about the right ratio.

Shipwrecked ipa and the two whisky barrel aged we're good but the seggie porter was the best porter have ever tasted.

New lines coming soon which you might get to try are chilli and ginger which sounds horrific and a cherry lambic which sounds amazing.

Brewdog in Dundee have a group on for a beer and cheese tasting session. I think it's 19quid reduced from 36 and includes four half pints.

Even at 19 i would want a he'll of a lot of cheese for 4 half pints at 19 quid. Who the f**k is paying 36?

Its one of Inveralmonds seasonal Ales so only available between June and September.

Im a big Inveralmond fan, however its that redilly available here I tend to shy away from it, which is a shame.

Fantastic. Quick google show I can get a 5 litre cask for £21, tempted to say the least.

ETA - can anyone confirm if the brewery is in the industrial estate or is this just an area for the ale to be held?

Fantastic. Quick google show I can get a 5 litre cask for £21, tempted to say the least.

ETA - can anyone confirm if the brewery is in the industrial estate or is this just an area for the ale to be held?

It is. It's not a massive place. Folk there are helpful though.

Brewdog in Dundee have a group on for a beer and cheese tasting session. I think it's 19quid reduced from 36 and includes four half pints.

Even at 19 i would want a he'll of a lot of cheese for 4 half pints at 19 quid. Who the f**k is paying 36?

They've got a sign inside saying it's £22 for 6 beers and cheese normally so I'd steer clear of groupon there.

Finally made it into Brewdog Dundee on Saturday.

Had 4 in there - Dead Pony Club, Fake Lager, 5am Saint and Punk IPA.

Tried to latter 2 out of bottles before and like them both, but my favourite on Saturday was Dead Pony Club. Lovely stuff.

Also, a very nice bar, and I'll be back.

Drinking a bottle of Inveralmond Brewery's Thrappledouser right now. A lot better than I expected, wishing I had bought a few bottles now.

Heading out to see a local band tonight and as far as I know the venue sells West beer on draught so there will be a few of them downed later.

Will also be popping into the new Wetherspoon pub in Irvine at some point. Got invites to a couple of pre-opening training days last week and had a few (free) ales then. It may not be a big thing for most people but in a town where your options consist entirely of Tennents, Carling, Fosters and the like, the opening of a Wetherspoon is a godsend. Even better when you discover there are 12 real ale taps :)

Had a bottle of Brewdog's Jack Hammer earlier. Lovely and hoppy but not to the extent that they claim.

Also a bottle of Harviestoun The Ridge. Quite hoppy and very easy to drink.

Both above from Tesco.

Before that I had a can of Sixpoint Bengali Tiger in my local Wetherspoon's.

Also bought a pint of Brain's SA but returned it to the bar as it was obviously in bad condition. Swapped it for a pint of McEwans Red. Nothing great but easy enough to drink.

Archived