The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got some beers in for a day watching football.

This was amongst them, when I opened it the aroma reminded me of Glayva, fruity with a hint of cinnamon.

Consistency apart, it tasted like something you would take from a spoon if you had a sore throat.

I am a huge fan of Wychwoods beers, but I have to say this was not what I expect from a beer.

post-17749-0-97931300-1433008228_thumb.j

Also picked up this one, which looks like it was brewed with the TV series in mind. It's a black IPA which I am not overfond, but this was a wee bit different there are a lot of different flavours going on in there. Very tasty, and I'd get this one again.

post-17749-0-84579400-1433009981_thumb.j

Another one I hadn't tried before. It's from Shepherd Neame and it's their Halloween brew.

A rich dark ruby brew there's a really roasted citrus flavour to it, really enjoyable.

post-17749-0-33557300-1433013582_thumb.j

Given your possibly a fan of blonde ales, I would reckoned the Skye Blonde. Lovely tipple.

Bought a Arran Blonde to taste on the back of this for tonight. Wrong island!:lol:

William bros Midnight sun also for the first time.

Bitter & Twisted, 2 innes & gunn (one original one rum finished), Orkney Dark Island and william bros Caesar Augustus to go alongside them. B)

Bought a Arran Blonde to taste on the back of this for tonight. Wrong island!:lol:

William bros Midnight sun also for the first time.

Bitter & Twisted, 2 innes & gunn (one original one rum finished), Orkney Dark Island and william bros Caesar Augustus to go alongside them. B)

It was my mistake, it's called Skye Gold I believe, so apologies if this had something to do with your decision! That said, Arran Blonde is a very decent ale, so you shouldn't be too disappointed.

I'm a marketing guru's dream tonight. Bought some Heineken for the CL final, and in the spirit of fairness, picked up some Moretti and Mahou as well.

Cheers!

It was the only one on offer last night. I'm more of a Thatchers Katy when it comes to the bottled stuff.

That is a lovely drop. Head blowing, but lovely!

I visited the Thatchers farm a few years ago when visiting the in-laws. I believe it was a tenner for a five gallon jug of the stuff (five or six different types at the time). Outstanding stuff, none of this fizzy rubbish you get up here, proper scrumpy.

Bought a USA pack of beers from beers of Europe.

Have to say I was really impressed with them.

Contains 1 each of the following beers:-Anchor Liberty Ale, Blue Moon , Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout, Dixie Beer, Dominion Hop Mountain Pale Ale, Flying Dog Pale Ale, Founders Centennial IPA, Huber Premium Beer, Lone Star, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Samuel Adams Boston Lager and Saugatuck Oval Beach Blonde Ale.

The oval beach was the best so far. Lone star and the IPAs were excellent but the Centennial was too flowery for me.

Well worth the money, also tried Innes and Gunn lager and whisky cask. Both recommended.

SaugatuckOvalBeachBlondeAle.jpg

But this on sight!

Did you get the Clyde puffer from aldi?? It's the only place I've saw it in.

If you ever see it I recommend trying the Clyde Puffer Special Reserve (matured in Arran whisky casks). It's a bit more expensive than the original version but well worth it. I got a bottle in Robbie's Drams (Ayr) last month.

Nipped into Aldi on way home from work and found these two Williams Brothers beers. Just about to try the Golden Ratio first. Will let you know how they taste later.

Golden Ratio is a nice, wee golden ale. At 4% ABV it's a perfect session beer for a summer's night (if we ever get a summer). Little bit of sweet fruits to the fore and a subtle citrus finish.

Perfect Storm could possibly be my new favourite Williams Bros. beer. If you like Joker you should like this. Hoppy all the way through. Very refreshing.

Above bottles were £1.49 each in Aldi.

Pint of Hook Norton / Ballast Point San Diego Pale Ale collaboration for wetherspoon's takes my quest for 365 unique beers in 2015 to 261.

Others I have had recently were Titanic Brewery Desert Hero. One of the best beers I have tasted in a long time. Lots of fruity mat going on.

Both above were from the Prestwick Pioneer (Wetherspoons) on Tuesday.

Earlier that day I had a couple of pints from Harviestoun over in Troon.

First up was Schiehallion in Fullartons. Described as a pale lager, I've only ever had it bottled before, it was a perfect thirst quencher for a hot day.

Later I had a pint of Bitter and Twisted in McKays. Cracking wee pub with a warm welcome and a large beer garden which is dog friendly. The pub ticked all the right boxes but the beer was slightly disappointing, not quite as hoppy as I remember it in bottled form.

Few others I've had recently ...

Inveralmond Rascal London Porter in the Wetherspoons pub in Blairgowrie last week. One of my favourite styles of beer and a great brewery to boot this was never going to be anything less than excellent.

Dark Age by the Celt Experience and Knockendoch by Sulwath Brewery, both at the Salt Cot last Saturday.

I have had some Goose Island IPA before and enjoyed it, but this Bonkers IPA was a new one on me.

Fairly pleasant with a nice fruity kick. 4.3A/V

Had it at the bowling last night in the Dog Bowl in Manchester.

Was enjoying a great night when a load of naked people appeared in the street outside. The nude bike ride had stopped at the traffic lights right outside. Too many tadgers not enough tits for my liking.

post-17749-0-77934500-1434189304_thumb.j

Archived