The P & B Beer, Lager, Ale, Stout and Cider Guide

Zizou-5

Got a bottle of Stone Enjoy By IPA from my daughter today, this was bottled 30/05/15 and should be drunk by 4th July 2015. A quality brew with a nice citrus kick, 9.4 abv I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

post-17749-0-46520600-1434915753_thumb.j

Saturday night I was at a mates and he gave me a bottle of Brewdog Tokyo 'Oak aged Stout' he wasn't ever likely to drink.

As black as my soul and at 18.2% it's far from a session ale. But it was delicious even if it was Jakey Juice.

Guest bernardblack

Visiting Drygate in Glasgow on Saturday. Has anyone ever been? If so, would you need to book or just rock up on the day?

Info required. Was given a gallon of Hecks Somerset farmhouse perry as a present. A real nice drop but only drunk 3 pints last weekend and it's in the fridge. It's in a gallon platic container with a screw lid, will it keep ok for a week, I was suspecting it might given it's pretty non effervescent to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't read the whole thread. Any shouts for Loch Lomond Brewery? Love their Bonnie n Blonde, Bonnie n Bitter and Ale Of Leven. Got a bottle of Bravehop waiting to be tried.

Decent brewery.

Got a few bottles at the Village Store in Luss recently, Southern Summit, Maid of The Loch and Peat Smoked ale. All very different but all lovely.

Had a couple of pints in First Edition, Kilmarnock on Monday. Silkie Stout which is an old favourite. Dark and full of flavour, well worth checking out. The other was the Bonnie n Blonde that you mentioned.

I've had a few others in the past, Kessog Dark Ale, The West Highland Way, The Ale of Leven, Simcoe Hop Trial and Brave Hop Dark IPA.

Not had a bad one yet from this brewery.

Thanks to a wee visit to Kilmarnock on Monday my total of unique beers for the year now stands at 306.

A pint of Peter's Well by Houston by Houston Brewing Co. in the Wheatsheaf (Wetherspoons) took me to 300.

Was thinking of having a week or 2 off the beer since I'm well on my way to the target of 365 but I've got a wedding coming up soon so I've put that idea on hold for now :) .

Up in Scotland this week and trying various craft ales.

Had Drygates Gladeye IPA and this was excellent. I followed this with Red Kite Ale from Black Isle Organic.

This was a whole lot better than it sounds. I find the word organic very offsetting but this was superb. It's a beer I will definitely be going back to. I am, at the moment, enjoying a bottle of Cairngorm Gold. Superb stuff a kind of lager taste to it but definitely an IPA.

post-17749-0-32432000-1436551353_thumb.j

post-17749-0-84917500-1436551370_thumb.j

post-17749-0-39260500-1436551382_thumb.j

Perfect Storm was well named that was as close to perfection as I have tasted in a long while. Really light and refreshing with a definite lemony taste. Excellent.

post-17749-0-35336500-1436558177_thumb.j

Edited by TheLip69

Cairngorm's Highland Hammer. An absolutely brilliant, albeit relatively light tasting heavy (and complements a bottle of Malbec superbly). Never heard of it until until I visited the brewery in Aviemore yesterday.

Also rather impressed with the White Lady. Supposedly a wheat beer but with big IPA feel imo. Shall definitely purchase both again. Probably in bulk.