The St Johnstone For Europe Thread

Debt free, fan owned club, getting beat most weeks, but still raking in the cash from Sky Sports. Hows life in diddyworld?

Word on the street Biggie is that the dees have a £300,000 shortfall in their budget and without borrowing facilities are looking like they may be in deep trouble yet again. I have heard that the fans reps at the club are furious that this has been allowed to happen. Firesale in January or new investment seems to be the only thing that will solve this but given you dinnae really have any above average players and cash investors are hardly rushing to your door, it could be the admin hat trick.

would you or any of the Dees care to comment??

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word on the street Biggie is that the dees have a £300,000 shortfall in their budget and without borrowing facilities are looking like they may be in deep trouble yet again. I have heard that the fans reps at the club are furious that this has been allowed to happen. Firesale in January or new investment seems to be the only thing that will solve this but given you dinnae really have any above average players and cash investors are hardly rushing to your door, it could be the admin hat trick.

Load of malicious shite mate.

I was always thought that being absolutly shite on the pitch and getting horsed every week got you relegated. Everdays a school day though.

Everydays an alcohol day judging by that abortion of a post.

Overactive imagination.

So true baz , was it Out or charlies last night ?

Not this week, Tam. The only sore arse I got over the weekend was through saddle-sores after doing 30 miles on the mountain bike.

I cycled to Tentsmuir forest and beach today. It's a beautiful part of the world, and we're lucky to have it on our doorstep. On the way back I came across a dead seal. It was quite a sorry and saddening sight, really, and the mental image stayed in my head all the way back to Dundee.

I was fair puggled by the time I got back up the West End and made a pit stop at my close friend and alibi WendyWho?'s abode. Of course, when I told him of the dead seal he asked, "did you f**k it?" While I hadn't on this occasion fucked the deceased animal I'd stumbled across, it got us to thinking, who do you phone when you find yourself faced with a man shagging a dead seal, and indeed punching and stabbing it as he went?

WendyWho? went with the coastguard. There's an element of logic to his response, what with seals being sea-faring creatures. I went with the fire brigade. I'm not sure why. They just seem like the best all-rounders in an emergency to me. They could probably hose the seal-fucker down then make him climb a ladder until he'd learned his lesson. Or something.

Anyway, the man made me the best damn jam piece I've ever had in my life and I scooted off up the road.

nx43d0.jpg

To be fair to your story baz , there has been many a night (when on the eccies or others) after the dancing that ive found myself pounding many things that are not much better looking , smelling or have more life than said dead seal . . . . . That sounds like a good bike ride to a lovely part of the country though .

Not my imagination. I am merely posting an account of what was said. At no point did I say I believed it. But then I didnae believe it the last twice either so perhaps I am not best placed to judge :lol:

What I don't get Jim is how you can afford all these players on pish poor home supports, (and lets face it they're pathetic) you must be raking in some amount of cash from funerals and Jehovahs. or Broonie boys chucking some amount of cash at it.

To be fair to your story baz , there has been many a night (when on the eccies or others) after the dancing that ive found myself pounding many things that are not much better looking , smelling or have more life than said dead seal . . . . . That sounds like a good bike ride to a lovely part of the country though .

Amen, brother. I mind snapping out a trippy eccie trance once to find myself half-naked with a lass who would be considered dangerous in the world's top jungles. Thankfully my penis had long since ceased to function for the night and I got out without having to do anything that might get me killed.

Not my imagination. I am merely posting an account of what was said. At no point did I say I believed it. But then I didnae believe it the last twice either so perhaps I am not best placed to judge :lol:

^^^ made that wee Dundee story up himself.

What I don't get Jim is how you can afford all these players on pish poor home supports, (and lets face it they're pathetic) you must be raking in some amount of cash from funerals and Jehovahs. or Broonie boys chucking some amount of cash at it.

Financing out-of-court settlements must be sucking up the funds too, Biggie.

Be funny as f**k if St Johnstone went into admin. biggrin.gif

Why are people really surprised that saints are run well ? Is it because most of the people that are surprised have had a succesion of crooks and bad businessmen in charge of their clubs ?

Run well? It just does'nt fucking add up.

Why are people really surprised that saints are run well ? Is it because most of the people that are surprised have had a succesion of crooks and bad businessmen in charge of their clubs ?

With the exception of their recent off-field shenanigans, I have a great deal of respect for St Johnstone. One of the best run clubs in the county (certainly at this level) who lived within their means and are now an established SPL club. Whatever they're doing, they're doing it right. The only thing St Johnstone lack is the support they're more than worthy of. The support they do have, such as the good people who grace these forums, are as good as any, but alas Perth is not a futba town and the Saintees suffer crowd-wise because of it.

Run well? It just does'nt fucking add up.

I'd imagine they publish the annual accounts like any other club, Biggie. If there's anything shady going on they'd have been called on it by now.

Fuckin' Fermers.

The simple fact is Biggie that you are correct. We are indeed raking in cash through funeral teas ( sometimes up to 5 a day). Also private functions at the ground along the lines of weddings and celebration parties most weekends and some midweeks. Add to thet the rental of the astro turf which is very well subscribed and also used by many of the local professional teams, the saints lottery, the use of the Muirton Suite as a pre-match pub( Mobbed yesterday and with two bus loads of our friends from Paisley as well), meeting rooms hire and conference delegate business( which is very lucrative). Then there is our match day hospitality which is very well used, stadium advertising ( and outside stadium advertising), player sponsorship deals for fans,Our match day kiosks( where are in house not contracted out like most clubs), Our car Park which costs the ridiculous amount of £5 per car per game( 400 cars a game=£2000 x 20 home games = £40,000 smackeroonies)Great sponsorship deals, a nice wedge for finishing 6th last season, and finally, as you mentioned, the wonderful yearly patronage of the Jehovahs..

I don't think I have missed anything but if I have I am sure some of my fellow Saintees will fill in the gaps..

So you see Biggie, our stadium gets used 24/7 and not just every couple of weeks and that is why we can afford what we do with the shite crowds we get.

We are fucking rolling in it matey.. Do you want a sub??? Oh wait you already have our subs. Kerr, Milne,McLuskey, Irvine, Finnagin...................:lol:

Archived