Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

I'm looking forward to playing The Rangers next year in the championship.

We would be better off there imho. Give McCall at least another 12 months to shape the side he wants, get some of our youngsters in and settled, then have a proper crack at getting us up into the Premiership.

Tedi's prediction of Sevco winning the league by 15 points........................... if results go the right way next weekend, they'll finish 3rd a mere 27 points behind the leaders.

But it's alright because "them" never won the treble. Only in Sevcoland.

And he has changed his avatar to reflect Celtic's 'failure'. What is it they're always saying?

Oh yes, 'It's all about The Rangers' Obviously not. :lol:

Ahhh the aul we want to stay in the championship now.. :lol: What's wrong, afraid you will get pumped all over the shop next season in the big league? What's the difference with building in the top league as opposed to the 2nd tier?

We're not ready with the current side and would struggle over the course of the season, how many Rangers supporters want that? I'm happy to be patient and to bide our time until we're good and ready to come back with some f*cking bite !! Edited by RedRob72

We're not ready with the current side and would struggle over the course of the season, how many Rangers supporters want that? I'm happy to be patient and to bide our time until we're good and ready to come back with some f*cking bite !!

:lol:

What I said so, afraid you will be pumped in the big league, cowards..

What's cowardly about it ya rocket? it's realistic, based on how we've competed (or not as the case might be)this season. The same could be said about any side struggling to secure a promotion spot to the next tier. It's solely because the team in question is Rangers, play us a different tune eh ?Yawn Zzzzzzz,

What's cowardly about it ya rocket? it's realistic, based on how we've competed (or not as the case might be)this season. The same could be said about any side struggling to secure a promotion spot to the next tier. It's solely because the team in question is Rangers, play us a different tune eh ?Yawn Zzzzzzz,

It's cowardly because take a look at Accies we didn't have a squad that would have any bite to it according to your fucked up criteria and apart from loosing the arguably the best manger in Scotland this year,could( a big could I grant you) have been fighting for a place in Europe. It is almost guaranteed that our whole clubs wage budget would nae cover your mobs wages if they brought back the Tennents sixes. The only reason you don't wanna go up is yer shit scared the other half of the old firm giving you 4 proper pumpings :1eye

It's cowardly because take a look at Accies we didn't have a squad that would have any bite to it according to your fucked up criteria and apart from loosing the arguably the best manger in Scotland this year,could( a big could I grant you) have been fighting for a place in Europe. It is almost guaranteed that our whole clubs wage budget would nae cover your mobs wages if they brought back the Tennents sixes. The only reason you don't wanna go up is yer shit scared the other half of the old firm giving you 4 proper pumpings :1eye

Scared of f*ck all as a support after what we've endured over the last 3 years mate, you're miles off.

We're not ready with the current side and would struggle over the course of the season, how many Rangers supporters want that? I'm happy to be patient and to bide our time until we're good and ready to come back with some f*cking bite !!

You are assuming that you would go up next season? Or does your 'patience' extend to a 5-10 year rebuilding process?

dumbarton fans felt the same before we got promoted into the first, now the championship. We went up in the play offs after finishing some distance off the winners. My worry was that we' d spend the season getting weekly kickings from the like of raith rovers, falkirk and morton. In the end we've settled ok. There have been a few spectacular failures like dunfermline and morton getting relegated, but having changed the squad around and a new manager we're doing ok. Finance has been the biggest challenge for us as our ground is the smallest in the league at 2000.

Any similarities between us then and rangers now?

financial challenge, ours limited income yours costs, squad not good enough; well perhaps but opportunity to change in close season, playing against bigger teams; not an issue for rangers if they go up.

Christ, some of them even admit that they don't want promotion, because they wouldn't be that strong a top flight side.

By that logic, I should be gutted that we've made the play-offs and praying for a swift elimination.

So many of them cannot contemplate following a side that might struggle a bit from week to week.

Since the re-birth, Rangers have won two leagues and even during this pitiful campaign, enter the final day, battling for second place.

The notion of watching a side scraping around, as likely to lose as win, terrifies them. It's what the rest of us call supporting a club, but the idea of that is nothing similar for them.

It's laughable that they feel that way; lamentable that they admit it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Surely this is an excuse for any failure in the playoffs.

You'd think a club with the comparative resources of Rangers would make the top 4 at least with their ability to attract players on a higher wage than teams round about them?

Christ, some of them even admit that they don't want promotion, because they wouldn't be that strong a top flight side.

By that logic, I should be gutted that we've made the play-offs and praying for a swift elimination.

So many of them cannot contemplate following a side that might struggle a bit from week to week.

Since the re-birth, Rangers have won two leagues and even during this pitiful campaign, enter the final day, battling for second place.

The notion of watching a side scraping around, as likely to lose as win, terrifies them. It's what the rest of us call supporting a club, but the idea of that is nothing similar for them.

It's laughable that they feel that way; lamentable that they admit it.

Redrob is para.

Oh, I want promotion, realistically though our chances are slim. If I was a betting man then Queens is where I would put my money but it would only be a small bet.

Well said, Tedi. If any of us wishes to be playing at a lower level to be more competitive, we can pretty much give up on the whole supporting thing.

The Premiership team has to have the best chance (before the play-offs begin), simply as a matter of probability. They only have to beat one other team, and despite what we'd all like to think we know about form, momentum, home advantage in second leg, etc., that can't be a million miles away from an evens bet for them. At all three stages, I wouldn't see any team as anything like a 2-1 shot; for example, I'd be surprised if you can get odds that long for either team in the "quarter final"* tie. We'll see what the bookies say after the weekend.

* Not that the term means anything, of course.