Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

Yeh i have heard this before and i ll ask you the same question i ask others. What more can the club itself do?

ETA i should also ask if you know the steps Rangers have taken and the progress they have made not only within Ibrox but also out in the local community with schools etc

I believe the answer is in self policing but there is an ever increasing vocal minority that revel in all this sectarian shite. I have mentioned before my utter contempt for the Union Bears and i believe this group and The Green Brigade on the other side have taken both clubs back years in the fight against this problem.

It's always stated that it's a minority who revel in the sectarian shite. I wonder how many of the majority from both sides of the divide will refrain from such revelry a week on Sunday ?

ETA i should also ask if you know the steps Rangers have taken and the progress they have made not only within Ibrox but also out in the local community with schools etc

No8, you're coming across very well in this discussion, so please accept this question in the spirit it's intended. I'm not having a go at Rangers - if anything, I'm blaming the schools.

Does Rangers' input to schools involve visits to RC schools and if so, how are they received?

The spitting on fans below is thing that away fans is something that away fans are consistently complaining about so I believe it must be a regular occurrence. Cannot believe that those responsible for security at Ibrox (the club, police and stewards) allow it to happen when great lengths at other ground like Easter Road are taken to avoid such disgusting behaviour.

If it's only spit then things have improved. I can remember in the 70's and 80's getting pished on from above, and a constant barrage of emptied then "re-filled" beer cans.

No8, you're coming across very well in this discussion, so please accept this question in the spirit it's intended. I'm not having a go at Rangers - if anything, I'm blaming the schools. Does Rangers' input to schools involve visits to RC schools and if so, how are they received?

Of course it does. You could look up the details of the schemes they run but they are for all schools no matter if it is Non Dom or RC and as far as i know they are welcomedat either.

I believe the workshops are held in Broomloan House at the back of the Broomloan Road Stand

Of course it does. You could look up the details of the schemes they run but they are for all schools no matter if it is Non Dom or RC and as far as i know they are welcomedat either.

I believe the workshops are held in Broomloan House at the back of the Broomloan Road Stand

Do community coaches and the like, visit schools?

Do community coaches and the like, visit schools?

Yeh yeh yeh and do they go to RC schools?

Here is one link i found about the work the club do with schools and which i believe we still part fund despite the financial state the club is in....

YOUNG Rangers defender Chris Hegarty and striking legend Mark Hateley visited the Club's Study Centre at Ibrox Stadium today to witness first hand one of the many courses the Rangers Study Centre provides in partnership with Glasgow City Council Education Services throughout the year.

Chris, who impressed on his first start for Rangers in the recent victory over Linfield at Windsor Park, met Mark and pupils attending the Soccer Success course at the Centre and engaged in a Q&A session about their experiences at the Club.

Soccer Success - an employability programme developed by Glasgow City Council in conjunction with Rangers and Celtic Football Clubs, City of Glasgow College and City Building - is designed for young people who should be going into 5th year at high school but would rather continue their education in a different way.

40 pupils from various secondary schools in Glasgow attend both Rangers and Celtic's education centres for the school year and the programme develops many different skill sets - including ICT, communication, leadership, group work, positive social skills and basic employability.

The Rangers Study Support Centre - the first facility of its kind in Scotland - was initially launched in the Govan Stand in November 2001 and is staffed by a full-time teacher.

A brand new £250,000 facility was re-opened in December 2006 in the Broomloan Stand and the high-tech multi-media centre is equipped with the latest computers and modern teaching aids, as well as a reading zone, computer games zone and celebrity interview area.

The Centre has developed a curriculum designed to enhance and complement the work of schools whilst also presenting students with new and exciting ways of learning.

The Study Support Centre also runs a number of anti-sectarianism and anti-racism initiatives and the programmes have proved inspirational to thousands of children with its success becoming a model for similar initiatives around the country.

Football has the power to inspire many young people. Thanks to these initiatives, the partnership between Glasgow City Council Education Services and Rangers Football Club can influence future generations towards healthy lifestyles and team working, as well as raising attainment levels and encouraging a sense of social responsibility.

Aye, gie it a rest monks, some of us want to laugh at rangers.

Yes, sorry about that. I've just got a particular interest in the community work football clubs do in schools. Put that alongside my Rangers obsession and you can see why I asked.

FWIW, such schemes as No8 linked to, are obviously positive. I'm still not sure however that Rangers are necessarily engaged with all schools in their area, but that's not necessarily their fault.

Yes, sorry about that. I've just got a particular interest in the community work football clubs do in schools. Put that alongside my Rangers obsession and you can see why I asked. FWIW, such schemes as No8 linked to, are obviously positive. I'm still not sure however that Rangers are necessarily engaged with all schools in their area, but that's not necessarily their fault.

They absolutely are through the workshops held in the Broomloan Road and i couldn't find a link to this but i remember seeing a News Report where the CoS and the RC church in Glasgow area were working together with Rangers in this.

As for sending out coaching staff to local RC schools. I couldn't give you an answer 100% either way but i would think they would IF they were welcome.

If people really are serious about tackling sectarianism in Scotland and sectarian employment policies they could do a lot worse than looking at the school system we have in Scotland

If people really are serious about tackling sectarianism in Scotland and sectarian employment policies they could do a lot worse than looking at the school system we have in Scotland

People will probably have a go at you for saying that, but in this instance, I totally agree.

People will probably have a go at you for saying that, but in this instance, I totally agree.

They can have a go all they want. I agreed to my youngest daughter being christened in the RC faith. TBH it was never really an issue for me and i wasn't that bothered either way BUT the one condition i did have was that she wouldn't attend an RC school as i am totally opposed to seperating children due to their faith..whether that faith is RC,CoS,Islam or whatever.

Yes, sorry about that. I've just got a particular interest in the community work football clubs do in schools. Put that alongside my Rangers obsession and you can see why I asked. FWIW, such schemes as No8 linked to, are obviously positive. I'm still not sure however that Rangers are necessarily engaged with all schools in their area, but that's not necessarily their fault.

They can have a go all they want. I agreed to my youngest daughter being christened in the RC faith. TBH it was never really an issue for me and i wasn't that bothered either way BUT the one condition i did have was that she wouldn't attend an RC school as i am totally opposed to seperating children due to their faith..whether that faith is RC,CoS,Islam or whatever.

All well and good... and in total agreement lads, BUT...

post-35393-0-17872200-1421832811.jpg Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

Just saying ;)

Edited by GreenockRover