Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

1 minute ago, Ooooft. said:

Your post is a bit word salady but who am I eerily similar to?  Clown Job? 

It's not 'word salady' at all. Yes, Clown ajob. You know the one you quoted that already stated you were eerily similar to him.

You posted about posters spending time on Celtic threads more than you the other day, yet here you are - again - sending post after post on Rangers threads. 

Spoiler

A lot like Clown Job used to say then do, FWIW.

I'm glad you're new. I hope you find the forum enthralling and captive. Enjoy the journey.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

It's not 'word salady' at all. Yes, Clown ajob. You know the one you quoted that already stated you were eerily similar to him.

You posted about posters spending time on Celtic threads more than you the other day, yet here you are - again - sending post after post on Rangers threads. 

Hide contents

A lot like Clown Job used to say then do, FWIW.

I'm glad you're new. I hope you find the forum enthralling and captive. Enjoy the journey.

I am enjoying it, thanks. You go on a lot of Celtic threads. What’s the difference? 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I don't mind it at all, I don't interpret your views on it as being a dick.

I agree that various things the club does feeds the "bad bits" so to speak, and I suspect as you do that it's more to do with milking that element of the support rather than there being a sectarian ethos within the club's organisational structure.

I get to a few away games, maybe 5 or 6 a season, and totally appreciate what goes on. It's something that needs to stop and should've stopped a long time ago. It does bring a sense of discomfort, but (and I suspect this is where I will receive criticism) it's not enough to put me off following and watching Rangers.

So, it most likely is convenience and I probably view myself as one of those people that are predisposed to focus on the good and overlook the bad if I feel like I am comfortable with my own actions.

Though, as mentioned by @AndyM, that may make me morally cowardly or morally selective if I am not a dissenting voice in amongst it.

To be clear, I don’t expect you to confront morons on the terraces. 

I just think I’d find the whole thing very difficult to reconcile. 

19 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

I am enjoying it, thanks. You go on a lot of Celtic threads. What’s the difference? 

The difference is fairly straight forward, I don't cry about people going on the threads only to then do the exact same thing I've been crying about.

This is all fairly straight forward and you seem to just be replying for the sake of it.

A trait that led to your other, I mean Clown Jobs account being banned.

I won't be replying to you again this evening now, have a nice night.

6 hours ago, AJF said:

I get to a few away games, maybe 5 or 6 a season, and totally appreciate what goes on. It's something that needs to stop and should've stopped a long time ago. It does bring a sense of discomfort, but (and I suspect this is where I will receive criticism) it's not enough to put me off following and watching Rangers.

So, when you say it needs to stop, you don't actually mean that it needs to stop.

Interesting also that you just casually brush off the club's commercial reliance on bigotry.

Fucking risible stuff.

Edited by VincentGuerin

10 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

So, when you say it needs to stop, you don't actually mean that it needs to stop.

Interesting also that you just casually brush off the club's commercial reliance on bigotry.

Fucking risible stuff.

Why would me attending matches contradict my opinion that sectarian/bigoted chanting needs to stop?

And brushed it off how? I literally agreed that it happens but was likely motivated by commercial reasons rather than an actual sectarian structure at the club. It wasn’t me who originally made that point.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Why would me attending matches contradict my opinion that sectarian/bigoted chanting needs to stop?

And brushed it off how? I literally agreed that it happens but was likely motivated by commercial reasons rather than an actual sectarian structure at the club. It wasn’t me who originally made that point.

I personally think the “nobody involved at the club are bigots themselves, but just know how to make money off of them” argument is being very generous to Rangers.

This is a club that deemed it appropriate to appoint an Orangeman and DUP councillor as PR chief and later to the board. Not exactly a sign of a club that deems sectarianism to be unacceptable.

These attitudes remain rife throughout the club from the boardroom to the terraces.

6 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

I personally think the “nobody involved at the club are bigots themselves, but just know how to make money off of them” argument is being very generous to Rangers.

This is a club that deemed it appropriate to appoint an Orangeman and DUP councillor as PR chief and later to the board. Not exactly a sign of a club that deems sectarianism to be unacceptable.

These attitudes remain rife throughout the club from the boardroom to the terraces.

And we have since went through quite an extensive board room reshuffling with said individual no longer acting at the club.

I find it hard to believe that someone like Bisgrove, our new CEO (who came in previously as a marketing director or something along those lines) who had no prior affinity or connection with Rangers and isn’t even Scottish is now all of a sudden driving sectarianism at the club due to his own bigotry.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

And we have since went through quite an extensive board room reshuffling with said individual no longer acting at the club.

I find it hard to believe that someone like Bisgrove, our new CEO (who came in previously as a marketing director or something along those lines) who had no prior affinity or connection with Rangers and isn’t even Scottish is now all of a sudden driving sectarianism at the club due to his own bigotry.

It’s not even been 12 months since he left. It’s not credible to argue that Rangers are all of a sudden no longer a bigoted institution due to a boardroom reshuffle when they happily had a guy who was overtly bigoted in such a senior role so recently.

It points to there being a culture within the club at the highest level that is tolerant of people with these views.

16 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

It’s not even been 12 months since he left. It’s not credible to argue that Rangers are all of a sudden no longer a bigoted institution due to a boardroom reshuffle when they happily had a guy who was overtly bigoted in such a senior role so recently.

It points to there being a culture within the club at the highest level that is tolerant of people with these views.

I don’t think we aren’t a bigoted institution just because he left though. I simply believe that the decisions that are made that appeal to a certain element are made in order to pretty much milk that element of the support as they view certain things as easy wins commercially (orange tops, for example).

The make up of our board, staff and players does not really support the position that the club itself applies sectarian policies or views as they once might have been accused of.

I think your phrase of “tolerant of people with these views” is a bit different to what my original point was - which was I didn’t believe certain decisions were made because individuals at the club were themselves sectarian or bigoted, rather they were made to exploit a certain demographic of the fan base.

Edited by AJF