Clach info

welshbairn

On 17/06/2024 at 08:42, TheScarf said:

I was told a few month back that Gethins was aiming for top half next season and I, quite literally, lol'd.  They've made some very good signings this summer.  Old, experienced winners both in the HL and at a higher level.  If they can keep guys like Meekings and Malin fit then they're definitely going to finish higher than last season.  I'm not quite sure 'top half' higher, but they should be well clear of the shite at the bottom.

Gav Morrison in the middle of the park is a great signing too, but I'm still not convinced they have enough up front with James Anderson still injured. Scott Davidson will get goals, as will Connor Bunce, but they're really missing Anderson.  Is there any word on when he's back?

I heard Anderson was nearly fit at the end of last season. I'm not as confident as you in the value of Malin and Meekings as players, Malin had retired and Meekings made little impact if any at Brora. Might be useful on the coaching side so long as they're not gobbling up the player budget.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I heard Anderson was nearly fit at the end of last season. I'm not as confident as you in the value of Malin and Meekings as players, Malin had retired and Meekings made little impact if any at Brora. Might be useful on the coaching side so long as they're not gobbling up the player budget.

Malin is still a solid keeper and I heard Meekings couldn’t make some games last season due to his job. I think playing for an Inverness club will improve his Saturday availability.

There’s chat on Fitba North that Connor Bunce isn’t happy with the money some of the new signings are on and wants away and that Buckie are after him.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Malin is still a solid keeper and I heard Meekings couldn’t make some games last season due to his job. I think playing for an Inverness club will improve his Saturday availability.

There’s chat on Fitba North that Connor Bunce isn’t happy with the money some of the new signings are on and wants away and that Buckie are after him.

Yeah, not sure if that's a wind up or not. Slight worry I have if if it's true and Gethins is bringing in his pals who are a bit past it and on good money, it reminds me of Yogi's last season at Falkirk when he near bankrupted the club bringing in old mates in a push for top 6, got demoted from the SPL and ended up having to scrap the academy and spent 5 years in the seaside leagues. It's probably bollocks though, hopefully Meekings will be able to do for the midfield what Gary Warren did for the defence during his time at Grant Street.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, not sure if that's a wind up or not. Slight worry I have if if it's true and Gethins is bringing in his pals who are a bit past it and on good money, it reminds me of Yogi's last season at Falkirk when he near bankrupted the club bringing in old mates in a push for top 6, got demoted from the SPL and ended up having to scrap the academy and spent 5 years in the seaside leagues. It's probably bollocks though, hopefully Meekings will be able to do for the midfield what Gary Warren did for the defence during his time at Grant Street.

It does have that feel about it. Meekings is a centre half too btw.

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We survived (in Inverness, cough...) the first year of Dad's Army.

We went down the following one with a mixture of the ones we couldn't get rid of, with a scatter gun squad of kids and random punts. Oh and a manager who didn't want the job. 

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We survived (in Inverness, cough...) the first year of Dad's Army.

We went down the following one with a mixture of the ones we couldn't get rid of, with a scatter gun squad of kids and random punts. Oh and a manager who didn't want the job. 

We'll always have Vaduz though..

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

We'll always have Vaduz though..

Not me, home leg only.

To get this back to Clach, I played on the Grant Street pitch in a youth league cup final. We got hammered, although I did previously win a final on the Telford Street pitch.

18 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Not me, home leg only.

To get this back to Clach, I played on the Grant Street pitch in a youth league cup final. We got hammered, although I did previously win a final on the Telford Street pitch.

I played in a Boys Brigade cup final at Firs Park which we managed to narrowly lose despite being about 3 years older on average than the opposition.

Thought Clach did alright for the most part yesterday. Caley definitely improved in the second half and Clach struggled with the #10's runs, but promising signs. 

Shae Keogh and Calum MacKay definitely made a difference when they came on, the latter is absolutely rapid and looks every bit as good, if not better, than his brother at that age.  Jake Davidson played in centre mid as Charlie Gilmour failed a late fitness test and was poor as expected.  An extremely limited footballer.

As for Clach, they looked far more solid at the back with Meekings adding some much needed experience.  They still lack something up top though, a genuine goal scorer with Anderson still out.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Shae Keogh and Calum MacKay definitely made a difference when they came on, the latter is absolutely rapid and looks every bit as good, if not better, than his brother at that age.  Jake Davidson played in centre mid as Charlie Gilmour failed a late fitness test and was poor as expected.  An extremely limited footballer.

As for Clach, they looked far more solid at the back with Meekings adding some much needed experience.  They still lack something up top though, a genuine goal scorer with Anderson still out.

Very, very harsh on Buncey.